IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Can't wait for late night infomercials to tell us how awesome the Atari Speaker Hat is. Can see it now:

The Cave 2... Atari, yes the game company, proudly presents its most awesome product yet: the Speaker Hat. And it's not just for asshats anymore! If you've been living in a cave since the Jaguar days, chances are you may not have heard about our wonderful new product that places speakers above your eyeballs. Yes, eyes are the new ears in 2017 folks! Simply pop your favorite repetitive dance music into the Jaguar CD, place the Speaker Hat on your head and experience the super groovy Video Light Machine like never before.

Like to wear your hat backwards? No problemo! Just won't be able to see the music as well is all. :P

attachicon.gifIMG_0152.JPG

"And call now and we'll double your offer! That's right! You'll get two Atari Speaker Hats! Just pay extra for shipping and handling! Now you can have one for yourself and your friend or spouse. We cannot guarantee your friend or spouse will hate you afterwards but what do you have to lose? Call 1-888-ASS-HATS now!"

• Like 4

The Atari SpeakerHat® provides excellent brand synergy with the worldwide cultural phenomenon of AtariLife. With its timeless design, SpeakerHat® brings the fun wherever it goes. I don't know about you, but Atari has always been an important part of my family!

My brother Gummo is a huge music aficionado. With the Atari SpeakerHat®, he can finally put down the boombox and dance with our grandkids!

post-2410-0-98777700-1504875220.jpg

The Atari SpeakerHat® is so fly, even PAC-MAN® rocks one! PAC-MAN® is a registered trademark of NAMCO and we got their permission to do this back in 1982.

post-2410-0-23727800-1504875202.jpg

The current Atari team is so young and so fresh, so they don't know the name of Original Atari Employee #40, but some say, he's really good with the cyber. He's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more!

post-2410-0-92946600-1504875309_thumb.jpg

These groovy cats were the 1978 Prom King and Queen at Sunnyvale High School! What do they wear when they're at home? That's right, Atari SpeakerHats®!

post-2410-0-05369000-1504875408.png

Here's my Uncle Jimmy! He was a magazine publisher. He's an AtariLife guy through and through.

post-2410-0-55287900-1504875456_thumb.jpg

Here he is with PawPaw and Cousin Pete. You can tell they're radical gamers because they're in a game store! Be sure to look for the Atari SpeakerHat® wherever you buy games.

post-2410-0-07721400-1504875491.jpg

Here's a recent picture of me and a couple of my besties enjoying the AtariLife. The sound from the Atari is coming out of my SpeakerHat®!

post-2410-0-78874100-1504875659.png

And finally, here's my AtariLife bowling league. SpeakerHats® are perfect for everyone!

post-2410-0-32794000-1504875704.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

What is a Speakerhat? That is the question. Kinda like.....
1V5Rb4YEZIJY5PXoCz68sHg.gif

Uh.....it's a hat..................with speakers.

But again, didn't somebody beat these goobers to the punch? Unless, the trucker crowd is a huge untapped customer base, I think every hipster doofus that wants one already got it. Now every tech savvy redneck douche bag can get one to match his ensemble.

The Atari SpeakerHat® provides excellent brand synergy with the worldwide cultural phenomenon of AtariLife. With its timeless design, SpeakerHat® brings the fun wherever it goes. I don't know about you, but Atari has always been an important part of my family!

I'm not sure if this is the best post in the history of the internet, but it's certainly the best one I've read today. :D

• Like 5

My brother Gummo is a huge music aficionado. With the Atari SpeakerHat®, he can finally put down the boombox and dance with our grandkids!

attachicon.gif1 Atari Hipster Speaker Hat.jpg

The Atari SpeakerHat® is so fly, even PAC-MAN® rocks one! PAC-MAN® is a registered trademark of NAMCO and we got their permission to do this back in 1982.

attachicon.gif2 Celebrity Endorsement Speaker Hat.jpg

The current Atari team is so young and so fresh, so they don't know the name of Original Atari Employee #40, but some say, he's really good with the cyber. He's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more!

attachicon.gif3 Employee Number 40 Speaker Hat.jpg

These groovy cats were the 1978 Prom King and Queen at Sunnyvale High School! What do they wear when they're at home? That's right, Atari SpeakerHats®!

attachicon.gif4 Buffy Skip Speaker Hat.png

Here's my Uncle Jimmy! He was a magazine publisher. He's an AtariLife guy through and through.

attachicon.gif5 Magazine Dude Speaker Hat.jpg

Here he is with PawPaw and Cousin Pete. You can tell they're radical gamers because they're in a game store! Be sure to look for the Atari SpeakerHat® wherever you buy games.

attachicon.gif6 three amigos speaker hat.jpg

Here's a recent picture of me and a couple of my besties enjoying the AtariLife. The sound from the Atari is coming out of my SpeakerHat®!

attachicon.gif7 screaming dad speaker hat.png

And finally, here's my AtariLife bowling league. SpeakerHats® are perfect for everyone!

attachicon.gif8 hot dads hat.jpg

You forgot one important person:

post-18158-0-49053500-1504916958_thumb.jpg

That's better.

• Like 7

Hey, hes in the upcoming Batman toon with the late Adam West and 66 stars Burt Ward and Julie Newmar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6142314/

Awesome! I had no idea that Adam West had finished his voice work for that.

Shatner as Two-Face. Best. Casting. Ever.

And you know... he's been down the hat road before.

• Like 1

Awesome! I had no idea that Adam West had finished his voice work for that.

Shatner as Two-Face. Best. Casting. Ever.

And you know... he's been down the hat road before.

I remember that! It ain't a hat if it ain't a Shat!

Quick anecdote. My friend went to Iowa after they filmed that, and he met the guy who drove Shatner around...And remember the hilarious scene where Shatner was listening to a CD, of his own voice as a motivational tool? He was repeating mantras and talking about smiting his enemies and so on? I guess he left that CD in the guy's car. It'd be pretty funny to have that as a souvenir.

• Like 1

I confess that, as a headphone-wearing PC gamer, for about five seconds I was intrigued by the Speakerhat. Then I came to the same conclusions as others: Not gonna spend $300 on it, and I'm not a sewer mutant.

post-39941-0-95840200-1504951445.jpg

For some theorycrafting fun, I wonder if we could DIY our own?

Pick your choice of hats, perhaps with ear flaps:

post-39941-0-72126600-1504951774.jpgpost-39941-0-33596800-1504951962.jpgpost-39941-0-41461000-1504953273.jpgpost-39941-0-07354000-1504951829.jpg

Then spend $60-$270 on a motorcycle helmet bluetooth communication kit. I have zero experience with these, and you shouldn't listen to me, but some of them offer everything the Speakerhat does (including music sharing) plus a microphone. The $169 Sena SMH10 is supposed to have very good speakers, while the $245 Sena SMH20s has slimmer speakers and even more features including longer intercom distances and FM radio.

post-39941-0-26336200-1504952833.jpg

Sew the speakers into the flaps (or the bill if you've got mad sewing skills and are into that kind of thing).

The controls are going to be larger than the Speakerhat's, so that's a tradeoff. Or perhaps someone knows of a better option?

Of course, my "better option" would just be buying a nice set of wireless gaming headphones.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 1

Very curious indeed. Speculation that it might be yet another "mini" console. Nobody knows for sure though.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/06/09/is-atari-about-to-announce-a-new-console/

Well, according to Atari, it will have "modern pc architecture and performance", and play modern games as well, so, at the very least, it will be on par with the Nintendo switch. I would be very surprised to see Xbox one level performance out of it!

They are rather ambitious with it, hopefully it works for them, I would love to see another company with a next gen console.

Well, according to Atari, it will have "modern pc architecture and performance", and play modern games as well, so, at the very least, it will be on par with the Nintendo switch. I would be very surprised to see Xbox one level performance out of it!

They are rather ambitious with it, hopefully it works for them, I would love to see another company with a next gen console.

It will pack all the power of an energy efficient $150 PC. I'm not sure that will be equivalent to a Nintendo Switch that's actually streamlined for gaming performance.

If they can include a Windows license at that price, that would be neat. If they allow external sources for software, that would be OK too. If it's a locked-down crap-box?

I doubt the retail price would be less than $199 - $300 depending upon configuration. I was ballparking equivalent cost of the insides powering the thing.

I have it on good word that it will be an open system.

So not Windows? In this day and age an open system could mean anything from 'non locked down bootloader' to 'we run an open operating system' or 'you can basically do whatever you want with it and it'll be a generic PC in a cool looking case.'

Kind of hope for the latter, but at least I'd hope it will not come with Windows (price will be cheaper, plus MS wants to push the Windows Store upon us).

I also hope it comes with a free speaker hat.

• Like 1

I gotta expect they're not going to produce anything more than this,

pic01.jpg

but as a johnny come lately player after 3 or 4 other outfits have done it. These guys are selling it for $99, and my understanding is Windows 10 Home is free when distributed on such devices so it doesn't add to the cost. Ya can always wipe it and put whatever ya want on it. I just don't know what the Atari IP squatters can put on theirs to add any unique features that won't piss people off or make it fail more. Maybe it will come pre-loaded with E.T. and a free Mindlink. Oh, and 25% more AtariLife™ and an extra helping of Transmedia.

I have it on good authority that this is the new controller...

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

• Like 1

What is "transmedia"?

It means, "Speaker Hat."

Screen-Shot-2017-07-19-at-12.25.37-PM-64

How do you introduce the Atari brand today?

Chesnais: When you think about Atari, we want consumers to think about us like they would with Virgin and all of their categories—we’re more of a transmedia brand. Our goal is to create interactive entertainment. It could be software or hardware. We just want to be a producer of interactive entertainment content because this is where the DNA of the company and brand is. I returned to Atari [in 2013 after leaving in 2007] and brought the company back from bankruptcy. We’ve come a long way. I think we have to be cautious. We’re just trying to do the right thing. Of course, we make mistakes, everybody does. But we’re all very passionate about the brand and the lifestyle-transmedia feel. It’s just unbelievable.

Like they say, "it's just unbelievable."

• Like 3