IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I don't get all the negativity. I mean, really, give these guys a chance. As long as the product delivers a diverse transmedia experience and speaks to me while staying true to it's roots, I'll think it's cool. Oh, and it has to have blast processing, definitely blast processing.

I'm all about interactive entertainment content that conveys a lifestyle-transmedia feel and the business verticals that reposition it to make it relevant. Honestly, they had me at "based on PC-technology."

My long-winded point is, for all those saying "let's wait and see" or "I don't get the criticism" kind of misses the spirit of a discussion forum like this. Of course the "knowledge group" is going to blow holes in initiatives like this.

I hadn't thought of this. Changes the way I view this and other threads like it entirely. Thanks for shining a light for me.

• Like 1

How is this crap worth $300 to anyone?

Be an Atari Speakerhat Beta Tester!

Win One of 10 Exclusive Atari Speakerhat Beta-Tester Packs!

Be among the first to provide feedback and test new features.

Includes:

1 Atari Speakerhat
1 Atari tee shirt
Atari Flashback game collection for PS4 or Xbox One
Participation in Beta Test Program
Approx. Value: $300

I usually sign up for things like this, but I don't want to give them my contact information or otherwise display any interest in their stupid initiative.

Speaker Hat ... $30? (that's being generous)

T shirt $30 (again, generous)

Atari Flashback game collection $20 (I got mine for $10)

that's $70. The value of being an early tester is $230? :lolblue:

Maybe they're using an expensive courier to deliver the stuff, or have an elaborate non-disclosure agreement that needed a lot of legal attention for the Speaker Hat.

Oh, never mind.

This Competition has ended

• Like 3

Can't wait for late night infomercials to tell us how awesome the Atari Speaker Hat is. Can see it now:

The Cave 2... Atari, yes the game company, proudly presents its most awesome product yet: the Speaker Hat. And it's not just for asshats anymore! If you've been living in a cave since the Jaguar days, chances are you may not have heard about our wonderful new product that places speakers above your eyeballs. Yes, eyes are the new ears in 2017 folks! Simply pop your favorite repetitive dance music into the Jaguar CD, place the Speaker Hat on your head and experience the super groovy Video Light Machine like never before.

Like to wear your hat backwards? No problemo! Just won't be able to see the music as well is all. :P

post-13896-0-48190400-1504815387.jpg

• Like 5

My instant question was, What's on the T-Shirt ? (No I'm not going to look it up)...

Because if it's picture of the hat....Well, think of the possibilities! You could wear the hat...(Now, in case you don't look stupid enough),...You could Also wear a shirt with a picture of the hat...

Maybe all that's left to complete the outfit would be an Atari belt buckle.

• Like 1

Speaker Hat puts the sound over your eyes, because Atari is dumb. Maybe they can put out some video earphones next.

Well when me and my buddies were kids we tried a related experiment like that. We got the most powerful flashlights and car lights we could afford. And shined all them at once into our ears to see if we could see anything in there. Like 3 hi-beams and some number of flashlights later the answer was no. We couldn't see anything with our ears .. :( ..

Edited by Keatah

Speaker Hat puts the sound over your eyes, because Atari is dumb. Maybe they can put out some video earphones next.

I was at the store the other day and heard some woman telling her child something, which of course he ignored because children are inherently evil. But then she started yelling at him telling him to open his ears. To which I almost replied "You don't have ear lids lady, pretty sure he can't physically open them!"

• Like 1

My instant question was, What's on the T-Shirt ? (No I'm not going to look it up)...

Because if it's picture of the hat....Well, think of the possibilities! You could wear the hat...(Now, in case you don't look stupid enough),...You could Also wear a shirt with a picture of the hat...

Maybe all that's left to complete the outfit would be an Atari belt buckle.

IMG_0125.png
  • Like 2