IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

We're really hitting crunch time for this campaign. If they don't drop the campaign soon, they'll be too close to Christmas and, call me a cynic, but I don't know if this will fare as well during the Christmas season as it would during say, the tax return season in the spring.

They can't seem to ship on their latest scam campaign:

"Gameband. One of the fastest, most powerful, thinnest, stunning Smartwatches money can buy. Oh, and we also made it one of the most affordable."

I am interested to see how many happy joy-joy feelings they create with that one before spewing their brand of gaming elation on other hapless backers.

• Like 2

The word of the day is: scampaign.

Dang. If you had posted this one day earlier, I could have entered that into the Style Invitational. Though to make it a medication, it would have to be "scamPAIN killers," which would have lost the "campaign" aspect.

in any case, this scampaign causes me great pain (and makes me insane in the brain)

• Like 3

We're really hitting crunch time for this campaign. If they don't drop the campaign soon, they'll be too close to Christmas and, call me a cynic, but I don't know if this will fare as well during the Christmas season as it would during say, the tax return season in the spring.

Ataribox is slated to be released summer of 2018, not christmas 2017.

Ataribox is slated to be released summer of 2018, not christmas 2017.

I don't think he meant the release and people buying it being bad timing I believe he meant bad timing as far as people spending money backing the product before release.

Edited by SignGuy81
  • Like 2

I dont know where you guys draw the line where autumn/fall ends and winter begins, but Fleetwood Mac has told us on more than one occasion that they would launch in this fall and where i live we now have snow on the ground and mildly freezing temperature at night.

Its about as cold as this "campaign" right now. No major website has mentioned them in weeks and the Ataribox subreddit has a whopping 251 subscribers as of this writing.

As others have mentioned the season for spending on crowdfunding is closing fast.

Yeah, I more meant that around the Christmas season people are less likely to spend $300 on something for themselves, and people would probably be cautious to gift a Kickstarter promise to someone else. I actually don't totally doubt their ability to ship by summer, I just think that the closer we get to the holidays the less they'll make.

The don't even have a product. How are they gonna ship *anything* by summer?

Gifting a kickstarter? Never thought to do that. Though it'd keep me awake 24/7 furiously clicking on the page to see if they're upholding their promise. I could easily imagine being told not to give another gift like so.

Considering how crowdfunding exhibits delays and changes in the final product, I'd rather simply give a giftcard. And not from idie or kick!

• Like 1

I've done come to the conclusion that I have too many systems already on my shelves in my entertainment center as it is in my living room where I mostly play games when I'm home and none of which I'll be taking out, and I spend little time in my bedroom now have a TV I barely watch so I don't see myself paying what they won't for the console to put in my bedroom. I just don't have room for another $300 console at the moment. It would have to be something that is worthy of a spot where another console already is in my living room. And so far I haven't seen much.

Edited by SignGuy81
  • Like 1

Dang. If you had posted this one day earlier, I could have entered that into the Style Invitational. Though to make it a medication, it would have to be "scamPAIN killers," which would have lost the "campaign" aspect.

in any case, this scampaign causes me great pain (and makes me insane in the brain)

We'll need some ScamOn. Apply directly to forehead.

post-18158-0-53237300-1509766079_thumb.jpg

• Like 1