IGNORED

Wikipedia entries for jag games

Welshworrier

While looking around wikipedia I couldn't help but notice that a previous member here seems to be rewriting history somewhat when it comes to Jaguar games.

It's especially interesting as I see he's been adding in games from wave 1 games (who hes part of) and also adding in stuff that has been shown to be, let's just say, of a dubious origin (you can see in his references that almost all go to the same site).

E.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Atari_Jaguar_games&diff=780058634&oldid=780055677

Some have been reverted by people but I lack the expert knowledge to correct the entries.

So if anyone fancies a challenge.

• Like 3

While looking around wikipedia I couldn't help but notice that a previous member here seems to be rewriting history somewhat when it comes to Jaguar games.

It's especially interesting as I see he's been adding in games from wave 1 games (who hes part of) and also adding in stuff that has been shown to be, let's just say, of a dubious origin (you can see in his references that almost all go to the same site).

E.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Atari_Jaguar_games&diff=780058634&oldid=780055677

Some have been reverted by people but I lack the expert knowledge to correct the entries.

So if anyone fancies a challenge.

What are you going on about? I haven't added anything to Wikipedia. With all of the other crap going on I assure you that I have no time trying to figure out how to edit Wikipedia. But since you brought it up, the list does include homebrews and since Fast Food 64 has been made available for purchase this year shouldn't it also be listed in the homebrew game releases stub?

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 1

Jagware, Reboot, Orion, Starcat, Force Designs, Stormworks.. all gone.

And yes, Jeff, it does include homebrews. Because I just undid all the edits your man RAMR made! Luckily for history there's an UNDO IDIOT button. You will notice they all disappeared by an edit from an anonymous user... one day before RAMR signed up.

How.. odd.

• Like 7

But it says the user who made the edits is Martin IIIa. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't delete Stormworks, Orion, Force Design, Starcat and even Reboot stuff... I mean that's kind of odd. I think this may somebody else. Martin IIIa is the name I see

That's the name of the person who reverted those edits. If you read the comment at the top it tells you what the edit was to do.

• Like 5

If that's his IP address you probably shouldn't post that publicly. I think that's illegal.

Certainly not illegal. He edited entries on Wikipedia, and part of the price of admission is having your IP publicly logged as a result. If wanted that kept a secret, he should have stayed away.

• Like 5

I didn't really know if it was or not.

I'm done here. This is turning into a new thing.

Yup, I can totally see how someone in Wave 1 Games editing the Jaguar wiki entries to include Wave 1 Games and remove everything else would be something you'd want to walk away from.

Yup, I can totally see how someone in Wave 1 Games editing the Jaguar wiki entries to include Wave 1 Games and remove everything else would be something you'd want to walk away from.

I would never do that. I like Black Out, Mad Bodies, Project One, Downfall ect... I said I wanted to walk away because I knew this would happen next ^^^^^^^ And really no. No more for me thanks

I would never do that. I like Black Out, Mad Bodies, Project One, Downfall ect... I said I wanted to walk away because I knew this would happen next ^^^^^^^ And really no. No more for me thanks

You would never do what? You have a member of Wave 1 Games maliciously editing a wikipedia page, removing all entries except your games.

I never said it was you. It is, however, someone in your group.

• Like 4