IGNORED

Help, with INTV VOICE in MAME

KylJoy

Hi,

I am trying to get the IntelliVoice to work in my MAME configuration. I have an archive named "intv_voice.zip" that contains "sp0256-012.bin" in my "intv" directory along with the "intv.zip" archive. All non-voice games work as expected but I can't get voice produced from any voice enabled game even if the game will run. Any help greatly appreciated.

Here is my folder structure:

MAME

ROMS

intv

intv.zip

intv_voice.zip

game roms here too...

Thanks!

Are you using the "intv" system or the "intvoice" system? The "intv" system doesn't have intellivoice.

Try moving the intv.zip and intv_voice.zip files into the "roms" folder. Unless you added "intv" to your search paths, mame will search an "intv" container as a folder or zip but not both (I think). If that doesn't work try renaming intv_voice.zip to intvoice.zip.

What edition and version of mame are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

I had looked at Retroarch for Intellivision. I was hoping it could be a solution for 2-player internet play. I found it had two problems. The libretro mame and mess cores in retroarch are not recommended for internet play. And the control seems to only support upto 8 directions. Most 2-player intellivision games use 16 directions.

I found that MameHub actually works very well for 2-player internet play. Except it has a bug with analog controllers and the intellivision emulation uses analog control for 16 directions. Its a fixable bug but it doesn't look like its getting fixed anytime soon. Its okay if you want to play Biplanes.