IGNORED

Where the largest concentration of TI-99/4A users are...

Omega-TI

Active TI User Concentration  

68 members have voted

1. 1. I'm a TI-99/4A user living in this region...

• North - Pacific Time Zone
    • South - Pacific Time Zone
    • North - Mountain Time Zone
    • South - Mountain Time Zone
    • North - Central Time Zone
    • South - Central Time Zone
    • North - Eastern Time Zone
    • South - Eastern Time Zone

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Of the 50 United States and it's various territories, It can be argued that the continuous 48 states have the largest concentration of 'active' TI-99/4A users in the world. But of that, which segment of the country can lay claim to the densest population of those active users?

So this poll does not get out of hand with multiple questions it will be broken down into eight sections based on time zones instead of this usual unfair map...

gallery_35324_1027_4957.jpg

The map below seems more fair to me...

sml_gallery_35324_1027_22330.png

So let's see what region can lay claim to the hottest hotbed of TI activity!

I think TI'ers are smart enough to figure that out for themselves or make a judgement call on their own, after all they know where they live.

I was not calling into question the intelligence of TIers. This has little to do with “smart enough”. At least, the “usual unfair map” has clear borders. Without clear regional boundaries, the poll will only have meaning by time zone. The nebulous, in-one’s-mind, north/south division will obscure the results.

...lee

hello? no disrespect but last time I looked the 4A sold around the world - and continues to have fans around the globe.

More than a few of us here at Arariage hail from Europe or Canada (or elsewhere)...

While the north/eastern time zone works for me (Toronto, Ontario, Canada is firmly in the EST zone), the poll is is mighty US-centric for such a worldwide hobbyist group! Even adding "Europe", "Central / South America", "Asia" to the poll, while not being as location-specfic as the US time zones (for understandable reasons) would be far more inclusive to a lot of folks who frequent these pages,

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 5

Lonely TI'er in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I move back to the Eastern Townships of Québec in 3 years time...THEN we'll talk "lonely"!!

Luckily these forums demonstrate that TIers never have an excuse for being alone. (unless they smell bad or are simply jackasses)

I was not calling into question the intelligence of TIers. This has little to do with “smart enough”. At least, the “usual unfair map” has clear borders. Without clear regional boundaries, the poll will only have meaning by time zone. The nebulous, in-one’s-mind, north/south division will obscure the results.

...lee

I think the 40th parallel seems reasonable for the US. After all, that's roughly where the Mason-Dixon Line is.

Edited by Metz77

What is it about Canada that made the TIers migrate? :ponder: ;)

Well, let's see....

There's our local parks:

lake%2Blouis.jpg

Our Quaint Villages:

toronto.jpg

Maybe it's our politics:

ottawa.jpg

or our job opportunities:

tech.jpg

Some say it's our wildlife:

hot%2Bchicks.jpg

While others were brought by our haute cuisine:

poutine.jpg

and something to wash it down:

beer.jpg

Then of course there are our skills:

sports.jpg

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 2

I think TI'ers are smart enough to figure that out for themselves or make a judgement call on their own, after all they know where they live.

My my Omega! That's the most snippy state I've ever seen you (read you) in. Must have been a bad day :-D

I bought my original TI in Montreal in 1981 and I'm a dual citizen of Canada and the US. I live in Minnesota, 3-4 hrs drive from the Canadian border. I'm utterly confused :)

do the names Sidney Crosby, Jamie Benn or Branden Holtby mean anything to you? If so, I see no confusion... your dual personality is showing unmistakable evidence of the Maple Leaf forever syndrome...

If you also know who Curtis Dickson, Stephan Leblanc and Mike Messenger are, then don't blame me if you start signing 'My Country 'tis of Thee' with the lyrics of 'God Save the Queen'!

Would be interesting to see the full spread, well, in so far as people would participate icon_smile.gif

Good idea! IIRC I did a word-wide one a few years back, but it's probably way out-of-date now. I have a specific reason for limiting this poll to only the continental U.S.. Depending on the results, more may be to come.... icon_wink.gif