IGNORED

Where the largest concentration of TI-99/4A users are...

Omega-TI

Active TI User Concentration  

68 members have voted

1. 1. I'm a TI-99/4A user living in this region...

• North - Pacific Time Zone
    • South - Pacific Time Zone
    • North - Mountain Time Zone
    • South - Mountain Time Zone
    • North - Central Time Zone
    • South - Central Time Zone
    • North - Eastern Time Zone
    • South - Eastern Time Zone

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So, on my website that pretty much is only about TI-99... visitors geo-ip locations are collected on this map:

https://www.revolvermaps.com/?target=enlarge&i=0t70s1w86tg&dm=2

-M@

It would be great if there was a poll there that asked if you currently own and use a TI console or Geneve then have the location mapped if they answer yes. I mean, if someone was simply researching the TI and came across that then they would be added without actually being a TI user. Just sayin' cool map function though.

Lonely TI'er in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I remember fondly the Ottawa TI Faires in Merivale High School. I met Terri Masters there, very friendly woman from LeHigh TI group in the U.S. (I think). I met a TI owner at the last "World Of Commodore" show (Mar 2017?) here in Toronto. He lives in Woodbridge. I have relatives in the Ottawa area (Winchester / Chesterville) and get out there once or twice a year.

I remember fondly the Ottawa TI Faires in Merivale High School. I met Terri Masters there, very friendly woman from LeHigh TI group in the U.S. (I think). I met a TI owner at the last "World Of Commodore" show (Mar 2017?) here in Toronto. He lives in Woodbridge. I have relatives in the Ottawa area (Winchester / Chesterville) and get out there once or twice a year.

I've been trying to find folks in the GTA who might want to form a small 21st century TI-users group. I posted something on Craigslist a few years ago, but to no avail. I don't do facebook, so not sure how else to find other TO TI'ers

If that sounds interesting to you, and if you might know other like minded old farts in the area, drop me a PM.

Would also be interested in making it an Ontario thing to include our Ottawa clan but being wheel-less would make it difficult to get together more than once or twice a year..

Haven't been a member of a users group since the early ST days of The Atari Federation!

I've been trying to find folks in the GTA who might want to form a small 21st century TI-users group. I posted something on Craigslist a few years ago, but to no avail. I don't do facebook, so not sure how else to find other TO TI'ers

If that sounds interesting to you, and if you might know other like minded old farts in the area, drop me a PM.

Would also be interested in making it an Ontario thing to include our Ottawa clan but being wheel-less would make it difficult to get together more than once or twice a year..

Haven't been a member of a users group since the early ST days of The Atari Federation!

Sure... not sure where we would meet but I am open to suggestions. I go to a small PC group gathering in Scarborough often but it is held in a closed location... not open to the general public. I also belong to another PC Users Group in Barrie, although because I play softball in the summer months, for me Barrie is a Sept to April thing. Maybe we can meet at a large coffee shop or MacDonalds? Or a meeting room in a library? I use to be the paper librarian for the Toronto 9T9 User Group and still have many binders of old User Group newsletters from Canada, the States, England and more. My plan for the future is to start learning to program in assembly language on the 99/4A. I also am interested in exploring Forth with Lee Stewart's fbForth. I picked up his Forth Cartridge at the last Chicago Faire.

Steve

PS I can probably send an email to the fellow in Woodbridge that has a TI-99, that I met at the World Of Commodore earlier this year.

Edited by 9T9er

I move back to the Eastern Townships of Québec in 3 years time...THEN we'll talk "lonely"!!

Luckily these forums demonstrate that TIers never have an excuse for being alone. (unless they smell bad or are simply jackasses)

But i have no friends... and i shower often... and I'm pretty sure I'm not a jack@$$...

Edited by TheTIGuy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...