IGNORED

I-War, Iron Soldier 2 CD, and Power Drive Rally Questions...

minuS

Hey, I'm back after nearly seven years! :)

Still big into my Jaguar collection, and I'm hoping you all can answer a few questions:

• I-War doesn't seem to display anything when played through a Jaguar CD; works fine when I remove the CD player though... Is this normal? I've read other posts about this happening, and I'm wondering if it's a known issue or caused by something else.
  • Any definitive info on the different Iron Soldier 2 discs/packages? I know there's a black CD, a yellow CD, and a full-colour CD, and that it's available in either a cartridge-style box with a "CD" sticker or a clamshell case... What's the timeline on all of that?
  • I've seen Power Drive Rally cartridges that don't say "Atari" in the plastic on the back... Is that normal, are they reproductions, or is it something else?

Thanks!

Also, glad to see new things happening in the scene!

Iron Soldier 2 CD history:

• 1997: released on yellow/gold CDR due to issues with CD mastering process, regular box with CD sticker
  • 1997 (a few months later, might have been 1998?): released on black glass-mastered CD, regular box with CD sticker
  • 2014: second glass-mastered CD release with full color disc, DVD-style plastic case

Generally "reproductions" (that term is stupid, the word is copy/fake/bootleg) are very easy to spot on Jaguar due to the label being obviously horrible quality compared to the real games. The label should tell you the whole story.

The I-War thing, I've heard this happen with various carts over the years. Usually a cleaning of the cart and connectors will do wonders for these sorts of issues.

• Like 1

Iron Soldier 2 CD history:

• 1997: released on yellow/gold CDR due to issues with CD mastering process, regular box with CD sticker
  • 1997 (a few months later, might have been 1998?): released on black glass-mastered CD, regular box with CD sticker
  • 2014: second glass-mastered CD release with full color disc, DVD-style plastic case

Thanks! I have the black one :)

Generally "reproductions" (that term is stupid, the word is copy/fake/bootleg) are very easy to spot on Jaguar due to the label being obviously horrible quality compared to the real games. The label should tell you the whole story.

The I-War thing, I've heard this happen with various carts over the years. Usually a cleaning of the cart and connectors will do wonders for these sorts of issues.

Fair enough on the terminology. My copy of Power Drive Rally is CIB (NA cover) and looks legitimate; just wanted to see if anyone has one that does say "Atari" on the back because all of the ones I've seen do not. Figured it might be different from other releases because it's a Time Warner Interactive title. Here's a photo for reference: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/uvEAAOSwc-tY32Vq/s-l1600.jpg

As for I-War, it was a sealed copy that I opened myself, my Jaguar CD is kept behind glass and has not had that issue with any other cartridges, and I've seen other users post specifically about that specific issue with I-War... I guess the real test would be to see if anyone has been able to run I-War through a Jaguar CD.

Edited by minuS