IGNORED

Anyone want an Apple III system? With disks?

JamesD

I'd like to sell this Apple III system I have some disks in a sealed package to go with it but I seem to have left them at the storage unit.
I turn it on, the lights in the house dim, the light comes on and I hear the transformer on the power pole whining for relief!
Okay, so it just looks big and powerful.
I turn it on, the power light comes on the disk light comes on, it whirs and clicks then tells the idiot running it to put in a disk.
The monitor is missing a foot.

Just checking to see if there is any interest.
These weigh a lot! The shipping would be ugly so I'd prefer local pickup. But for the right price and with a little patience... I could ship it.

The post office just quoted me $56 for an oversized box to ship the Sinclair 1000 package I just sold via express ( 3 days).
No, I'll spend $29 and they will have to wait 6 thanks!
It's too big to weigh on my digital scale so I'll probably just hold it and step on the bathroom one for an estimate.

People are asking $1500 on ebay, but then they they try to sell TS1000s for $100... oh wait, I just sold one for that.
I'm open to reasonable offers, but I will check them against past ebay sales.
A screw ebay discount would apply.

post-10422-0-54899000-1502501673_thumb.jpg

$1500 is not a selling price. It's a show off price.

These sale for WAY WAY less. In the couple hundreds, not the thousands.

They mostly require power supplies to be recapped or replaced with the ReactiveMicro power supply either now or soon. It may work fine now, but give it a few hours and <<smoke>>. There is a filter cap you can safely remove but the other caps will soon fail.

Super excited to see this here though! I have my fill of ///s, unless someone has a working ///+ to pass along.

Never understood the attraction of the ///. At best you can turn it into a semi compatible IIe (with and expensive and rare card or two) otherwise it's a limited II+ Combined with an interesting (but software limited) business computer. I suppose it does look cool, but it's not really all that useful.

They mostly require power supplies to be recapped or replaced with the ReactiveMicro power supply either now or soon. It may work fine now, but give it a few hours and <<smoke>>. There is a filter cap you can safely remove but the other caps will soon fail.

Super excited to see this here though! I have my fill of ///s, unless someone has a working ///+ to pass along.

It depends on whether they are working and what they come with.

I just checked the history on ebay, and they have sold for over $1200 with the emulation disk and no monitor.

The "for parts or repair" units bring almost $300.

Edited by JamesD

Never understood the attraction of the ///. At best you can turn it into a semi compatible IIe (with and expensive and rare card or two) otherwise it's a limited II+ Combined with an interesting (but software limited) business computer. I suppose it does look cool, but it's not really all that useful.

In this day and age a II is a bit of a dog if your only interest is a fun machine, so are CPM boxes so are a lot of other machines, dont question the retro :P

I thought if you dropped from about 3 foot off the ground, the chips all reseated themselves automatically and everything worked fine ;)

Edited by bikeguychicago
  • Like 1