IGNORED

starplex replacement decal?

Tifany

Hi guys, I wasnt sure where to put this so if it needs to be moved, feel free.

I was just wondering if anyone has made (or is willing to make) a replacement decal for the Starplex controller? Mine still functions fine, but about half of the sticker has peeled off and it looks pretty rough!

Thanks!

Tif

There were 5 count them FIVE of these offered when Space Rocks was originally released. Sad to say I was not around here back then and I with this was a picture of mine. So sweet. I have a NOS Starplex that I bought here a few months ago. But I if I could get one of these decals I would go by a used one I have seen in a local shop just to have a Space Rocks version.

post-47669-0-03831500-1504562560_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That Space Rocks decal looks amazeballs!! Id certainly love to have one of those, or even just a basic Asteroids themed one!

@scotty, The buttons feel cheap, but they are clicky and seem to be nearly indestructible! Ive had mine since 1987 and have never had any real issues with it other than the peeling sticker. The biggest problem that Ive encountered is that the buttons are very loud!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I wasnt sure where to put this so if it needs to be moved, feel free.

I was just wondering if anyone has made (or is willing to make) a replacement decal for the Starplex controller? Mine still functions fine, but about half of the sticker has peeled off and it looks pretty rough!

Thanks!

Tif

I got a quote back on getting the labels made and they can easily be made however there would be some slight variance from the original. The labels would have the sample artwork however The original has a very subtle texture embossed into that faux woodgrain material which would not be replicated. Is this still something people would be interested in? Prices would be very good

I'll take three if there is any!

Custom ones would be cool like the one for Space Rocks!

I got a quote back on getting the labels made and they can easily be made however there would be some slight variance from the original. The labels would have the sample artwork however The original has a very subtle texture embossed into that faux woodgrain material which would not be replicated. Is this still something people would be interested in? Prices would be very good

• 1 month later...

Wanted to update everyone that the overlays are finished and look fairly good. They are peel and stick for easy application and they are die cut so they have clean edges and match the original dimensions.

Can order through my online store https://www.mortoffgames.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=928 or can message me and I can send a Pay-Pal invoice. The price is $4.99 each which includes shipping in the US

post-61595-0-10016200-1509382808_thumb.jpg

Edited by MortoffGames
  • Like 3