IGNORED

Sold: Custom Hand Painted Starplex Controller

Dammit! This is what I get for not constantly checking the marketplace, I would have bought this in a heartbeat... I call first on the waiting list for when we track the original artist down to make a run of them.

I waited many many heartbeats, took a nap, then talked myself into buying it. I thought perhaps it should go to SpiceWare.

I have a blank one that I may try to paint now that I have this original. If it doesn't turn out good, I can scan it and make a label. Maybe slightly sticky for a removable overlay option? Maybe add Asteroids text or Space Rocks text?

Murphy's law states that these originally had 4 rubber feet and that one will always be missing! I need three as 3 of the 5 I have only have 3 rubber feet.

I waited many many heartbeats, took a nap, then talked myself into buying it. I thought perhaps it should go to SpiceWare.

I have a blank one that I may try to paint now that I have this original. If it doesn't turn out good, I can scan it and make a label. Maybe slightly sticky for a removable overlay option? Maybe add Asteroids text or Space Rocks text?

Murphy's law states that these originally had 4 rubber feet and that one will always be missing! I need three as 3 of the 5 I have only have 3 rubber feet.

How about I paypal gift you $15 to let me have it, then I will paypal addict the $50 and he can refund your payment...BAM! You just made $15 for nothing :)

:thumbsup:

I really want to try oil painting my own design. This will be a good reference. I made offers to buy when it was listed on eBay but didn't get it then. Really glad I ended up getting this, and it will be used to play Asteroids and Space Rocks.

Oh, and Star Castle Arcade on the Atari 2600!

If someone got all the measurements for the Starplex, an arcade-style overlay sticker could probably very easily be created, die-cut and ready to be applied. I don't have time, sadly, but it wouldn't be too complicated to Photoshop/Illustrator up a template and create something, then print it on a nice glossy adhesive label-style stock. Would probably run a bit on the spendy side for printing and die-cutting, but nothing beyond the realm of, say, $10 in costs, theoretically.

EDIT: Looking at the pic, yeah, that would be pretty easy to do. I might take a stab at it once I'm out of school. A custom Space Rocks CPO-style sticker for custom controllers would be pretty awesome.

• Like 1