IGNORED

For Sale: Atari 5200 (4 Port) console only!

mtshark7

Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a Atari 5200 (4 Port) console only?

I'm thinking $55 shipped (or best offer/trade) within the US.

I'll post pics if I get any interest on it.

Thanks for checking it out :-)
-Mark

Here is the link to the video:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
d15abe84bc90168fe3776c16b7b44353.jpgf6772cee8da08837a814df99b2b23b18.jpg8ea48b262555729108d8ea0992ea2057.jpg602c36db516175c0a68387d555618623.jpg

Edited by mtshark7

Admin: Delete duplicate post please.

It must be a bug with Tapatalk :-/

Yes, it is, I probably tell people daily to stop using Tapatalk to start topics. You were lucky, most people drop 4-5 threads at once, which we need to clean up. Gets really fun when punks reply to more than one of them.

• Like 3

Hey guys!

So I have some unfortunate news, upon testing the console I found out the right and down directions don't register.

Oddly enough it does the same thing to my back up console as well. So I was checking out my backup console, that I have replaced the controller chips in, and I ended up re-replacing the chips with new ones with the same result.

So I talked to my one friend and he said it might be a simple solder reflow to fix the issue.

So I'm gonna check traces and reflow solder the controller ports and see if that fixes it.

I had no idea this was going to happen, last time I tested it was last year when I moved into my house. That's old electronics I guess :-/

Don't worry I'll keep you guys updated, I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you still want pictures of condition and what not I'll add them tonight when I get home from work.

-Mark

Hey guys!

So I have some unfortunate news, upon testing the console I found out the right and down directions don't register.

Oddly enough it does the same thing to my back up console as well. So I was checking out my backup console, that I have replaced the controller chips in, and I ended up re-replacing the chips with new ones with the same result.

So I talked to my one friend and he said it might be a simple solder reflow to fix the issue.

So I'm gonna check traces and reflow solder the controller ports and see if that fixes it.

I had no idea this was going to happen, last time I tested it was last year when I moved into my house. That's old electronics I guess :-/

Don't worry I'll keep you guys updated, I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you still want pictures of condition and what not I'll add them tonight when I get home from work.

-Mark

So you get the same results on both this console and another 5200 you have? And you sure it isn't the controller itself? I have at least a half dozen 5200 controllers over the years that developed breaks in the cable itself that you couldn't find and only by replacing the cable was I able to get them working fully again. So just make sure it isn't the controller cable causing you this grief. Although you are correct in that those multiplexer chips do go bad. I've had to replace 1 or 2 over the years in a few consoles. Still two different consoles both with the same issue?

• Like 1

Cro$$bow: Yea I have a total of 3 5200 consoles: 1 as my main unit that works perfectly, 1 backup unit that now has the right and down direction issue, and 1 extra (selling) unit that also has the right and down direction issue.

The controller is fine, it's one of those gold plated controllers from best electronics and it works on my main unit.

The MUX chips can't be the issue since I've replaced them before in my backup unit. I also re-replaced then last night and got the same result.

So my final thought is it has to be a bad solder joint somewhere on the board. Which seems to be a growing theme ever since I moved into my house. I've already had to reflow solder my AV switch box, my top loader NES and now apparently my 2 5200 units lol.

Like I said I'll keep you guys updated on progress, Thanks!

-Mark

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I got good news: it's fixed!

Apparently doing tireless googling, I found out it was a POKY chip POT adjustment that needed to be made.

So after doing that it works!

I'll be posting pics as well as a link to a video of it in action on my YouTube channel.

Hey Bodyshots & Grig:

Are either of you still interested? Lemme know :-)

Hey there, I was able to pick one up a few days ago so I am okay for now. Thanks for reaching out. Good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

Hey there, I was able to pick one up a few days ago so I am okay for now. Thanks for reaching out. Good luck with your sale.

No problem Grig! I hope you enjoy your new console :-)

Thanks! :-)

*Bump* for anyone that would be interested in a spare 5200....Bodyshots let me know if you're still interested :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...