IGNORED

Pink Panther

retroeight

The previous thread on this game (see link above in the top post) also turned heated as well. I'm not quite sure why this particular Proto insights so much more controversy then most others, but that does indeed seem to be the case.

But I do want to stress one point here that is a matter of fact. The rom for this game was indeed "released". Yes, it does utilize unique architecture. And yes, it was a very small run of carts that were made available. But, it was "obtainable" & "purchaseable" in the past.

Therefore, there is nobody to "protect" here (investment wise) or (copyright wise) or any other auxiliary dynamic which creates complications with this game. Only the "necessary tinkering of an educated and/or technically proficient individual" is what is required at this stage. That is the ONLY limiting factor at this point in time. With that, the rom could be extrapolated from the Melody board & then modified/reworked to function with harmony and/or more "mainstream" bankswitch architecture to allow for a more traditional & larger controlled community release and/or public rom dump.

Worth reading IMO:

http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/articles/pink_panther/pink_panther.html

8)

Scott is a lying, paranoid piece of human waste, I do not have the ROM.

And people like him and Supergun is exactly why you will not see me release any more of the unreleased protos I have in my possession, I am tired of it. I even decided to not even bother with obtaining them any longer.

And then there is Toki, which is yet another story.

And now you guys have a bunch of PP owners you can bug about letting you experiment with their proto.

Wiz,

Hang on a minute please.

1) you and I finally mended fences a while back, and since then, I have never posted anything negative toward you and/or your numerous contributions to the community and this website. Please keep this in mind.

2) the article that RomHunter linked above is indeed "weighted with arrogance, ignorance, & sarcasm", and I knew about & had read it way back when. But, it does contain within it, quite a large amount of factual information.

3) it is now obvious to me, that the reason your unhappy about this topic is because you did indeed get involved with the pink panther operation at "some" level, but purely just to help and assist, and as such, getting thrown into the fire with those that did not, is unfair & unwarranted.

As a result of all this, I'm here to state for the record that my comments were not aimed at you (your name wasn't even mentioned for that matter!) just in case there is any incorrect assumptions by you or anyone else here.

Wiz,

Hang on a minute please.

1) you and I finally mended fences a while back, and since then, I have never posted anything negative toward you and/or your numerous contributions to the community and this website. Please keep this in mind.

2) the article that RomHunter linked above is indeed "weighted with arrogance, ignorance, & sarcasm", and I knew about & had read it way back when. But, it does contain within it, quite a large amount of factual information.

3) it is now obvious to me, that the reason your unhappy about this topic is because you did indeed get involved with the pink panther operation at "some" level, but purely just to help and assist, and as such, getting thrown into the fire with those that did not, is unfair & unwarranted.

As a result of all this, I'm here to state for the record that my comments were not aimed at you (your name wasn't even mentioned for that matter!) just in case there is any incorrect assumptions by you or anyone else here.

Yes, indeed. I helped get this game to people and all I ever get for it is shit. I am not sitting on the ROM.

Oh and btw, I want to be clear with another fact to the community on something.

Anyone who has one of those Melody pink panther carts sitting on they're shelf, has the rom. PERIOD. It's inside there. Make NO mistake about it. It wouldn't work on your stock 2600 when you play it if it was not in there.

I acquired mine 100% independant of this or any other gaming community. no strings attached & guilt free. Purchased on eBay. So I could have been anybody. So wether or not the seller was an original owner, sworn to secrecy, or having violated some promise with someone by selling it, etc. is not my f'ing problem.

Random Seller / Random Buyer / Done

The only reason this game isn't shareware is because of the technical hurdle. "data encryption of some kind through harmony" That's it. Period. And even that still surprises me that it hasn't been figured out. It's not lack of ability. It's lack of interest. Nobody gives a crap. The few people who really truly wanted to play & have this game got it when they had the chance.