IGNORED

Has anyone ever used this CGA/RGB to VGA adapter?

DavidMil

Do you still have a link to the device you bought? This would be useful for capturing VBXE video in my YouTube streams.

I used this one here with my STf. I was pleased with the S-Video output:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Weiya-CV-04-RGBS-RGB-CGA-arcade-jamma-game-to-TV-composite-video-converter-MAME-/260868532793

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO - reminds me of this

attachicon.gifCenterWorld.jpg

Hilarious! I actually went out of my way in my Rastaconverter image 'Earth' not to use a view of the world that had north America as the center of attention like is so often seen (at least in America). In Roman times, maps had Rome as the center of the world, in the English Empire it was England. I'm sure in Russia maps and images usually have Russia front and center while America has the states. if that bleeds over to the rest of the world, that's just the way it is, the biggest kid on the block gets his way...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 4

oh Lord whatever... whoever paid / made the mission should get the picture they want...the whining keeps up and they will all have to make their own bread... oh so sorry you don't know how or can't... now we all starve.... but can feel good about ourselves while doing so.... pfffft....

There's the Little Red Hen to help out also

Once upon a time, there was a little red hen who lived on a farm . She was friends with a lazy dog , a sleepy cat , and a noisy yellow duck .
One day the little red hen found some seeds on the ground. The little red hen had an idea. She would plant the seeds .
The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?"
"Not I," barked the lazy dog .
"Not I," purred the sleepy cat .
"Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck .
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen planted the seeds all by herself.
When the seeds had grown, the little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me cut the wheat ?"
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen cut the wheat all by herself.
When all the wheat was cut, the little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me take the wheat to the mill to be ground into flour ?"
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen brought the wheat to the mill all by herself, ground the wheat into flour , and carried the heavy sack of flour back to the farm .
The tired little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me bake the bread ?"
"Then I will," said the little red hen . So the little red hen baked the bread all by herself.
When the bread was finished, the tired little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me eat the bread ?"
"I will," barked the lazy dog .
"I will," purred the sleepy cat .
"I will," quacked the noisy yellow duck .
"No!" said the little red hen . "I will." And the little red hen ate the bread all by herself.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Yeah cause that's all the USA ever did..... really.... just really.... Ever been to some of these other places? It's a real eye opening, noggin rattling experience... Every country does good and bad and have done same... I had the distinct opportunity to be steeped in history with texts and information directly from a very wide as well as varied source of countries... Having lived with people whom hold doctorates in history... but that's not all the fun I was to have.. noooo... some very specialized in such wonderment as ecclesiastical history as well... fun stuff, musty, smelly, stuff... but now that I am older I sure appreciate it. I can't believe those words fell from my fingertips... ugh... on balance and with looking at the actual documents, not the noise you get from tv, radio, newspapers, and internet sources... I would suggest persons avail themselves.. the library of congress... the national archives...direct requests..

this is a good place to start...

https://www.archives.gov/research/alic/reference/govt-docs.html

http://loc.gov/rr/news/extgovd.html

If you don't do your own research your being misled.... be careful of the language used in the actual documents, their provenance, and follow the documents to their origin as well as destination... This stuff can be tortured, the worst cases of legalistic literary torture occurring during the past 10 and a half years... If you don't do this you are participating in Kabuki Theater... and we can't hope for anything...

I don't wike it, I don't wike any of it, it's not how it works, it's not how any of it works....

how to do a little researching

http://www.williamcronon.net/researching/govtdocs.htm

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4

There are LOADS of things to be proud of the US.....but its good sometimes to have a friend who keeps you with your feet on the ground ;);)

But I seriously regret posting that.....especially for Rybags who's an awesome contributor here......so : sorry....

let's return on topic :)

• Like 2

The GBS-8220 is what I use for my VBXE, got the OSSC, but it look s like the DIN13 -> SCART cable I got for my STs doesn't work on the VBXE output, but I think that is because I got the cabe that uses composite sync, which I think the VBXE supplies, but is just not wired up yet.

Otherwise it looks amazing for the two things I have it working with (Jaguar and ST.) THEN AGAIN, THE OSSC was like 3 times the price of the GBS-8220.

• 1 month later...

Well, I bought one after Christmas as promised and I have to say I am happy with it. Here is how I ended up using it: I have a 5200 that for some reason I like to 'dink with'.

It already has a Sophia RGB upgrade board in it (and it is a tremendous improvement over composite), but I wanted something better. After I bought this board and studied

it (and ask Simius a question about pin outs on his board), I built a little cable (four wires) to connect the DB9 header on the Sophia to the YPbPr header on the 8200 board. It's a big

mess of wires (Sophia to 8200 to the monitor) but I now have VGA output on my 5200, and man it looks great! There is no ghosting or color bleed, and the colors are very bright and crisp.

Edited by DavidMil
  • Like 3

Well, I bought one after Christmas as promised and I have to say I am happy with it. Here is how I ended up using it: I have a 5200 that for some reason I like to 'dink with'.

It already has a Sophia RGB upgrade board in it (and it is a tremendous improvement over composite), but I wanted something better. After I bought this board and studied

it (and ask Simius a question about pin outs on his board), I built a little cable (four wires) to connect the DB9 header on the Sophia to the YPbPr header on the 8200 board. It's a big

mess of wires (Sophia to 8200 to the monitor) but I now have VGA output on my 5200, and man it looks great! There is no ghosting or color bleed, and the colors are very bright and crisp.

Not to diminish your accomplishment, but now with the new Sophia RevC DVI you could eliminate one piece of hardware and have something even better than VGA.

Not to diminish your accomplishment, but now with the new Sophia RevC DVI you could eliminate one piece of hardware and have something even better than VGA.

Very true, but I'm a fan of cheapskate(?). All of my second machines are just motherboards with the bottom of the RF shielding still attached. This

is going to make it easy to get VGA out of any of them. There is just one very serious problem with this arrangement; NO SOUND! So I was wondering

if sound could be pulled from where it enters the RF Modulator and run to an external amplified speaker? Would that work?

David