IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

Here's the summary for Week 49, running from December 3 - 9. We logged 6724 minutes of eligible play, playing 63 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (PC (DOS)) - 1965

2. Heroes & Shadows (Atari 2600) - 400

3. Tetris (NES/Famicom) - 335

4. Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (Atari 2600) - 329

5. Megamania (Atari 2600) - 303

6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 266

7. Revenge of Shinobi (Genesis) - 262

8. Dig Dug (Atari 2600) - 238

9. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 212

10. Robotron: 2084 (Atari 7800) - 200

10. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (Sega Master System) - 200

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Heroes & Shadows (Atari 2600) - 400

2. Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (Atari 2600) - 329

3. Megamania (Atari 2600) - 303

4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 266

5. Dig Dug (Atari 2600) - 238

6. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 212

7. Robotron: 2084 (Atari 7800) - 200

8. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 171

9. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 138

10. Burgertime (TI-99/4A) - 111

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1980)

2. PC (DOS) (1965)

3. TI-99/4A (801)

4. Genesis (504)

5. Atari 7800 (415)

6. NES/Famicom (335)

7. Sega Master System (200)

8. PlayStation (144)

9. PC (Windows 95/98) (120)

10. Game Boy (87)

Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall takes the #1 spot by a nearly 5:1 ratio vs. its closest competitor, and instantly joins the 1000-minute club in spot #348 with 2025 minutes logged to date.

But it can't quite make DOS the top system single-handedly, as a coalition of Atari games just barely holds it off by a margin of less than 1%.

• Like 7

Atari 2600

Toyshop Trouble: 2 min

ULTRA SCSIside: 7 min

Sega Master System

Wonder Boy III The Dragon’s Trap: 35 min

Some High Score Club, and a little more Wonder Boy. Managed to reach and beat The Daimyo Dragon boss with a better strategy, but had no more time to move on. Here's hoping that during the upcoming holidays, I can find the time to finish this.

• Like 6

Atari 8-bit:

Buried Buck$ - 37 min.

Chopper Hunt - 101 min.

M.U.L.E. - 137 min.

C64:

Santa Claus' Helper - 3 min.

Intellivision:

4-Tris - 25 min.

Deep Zone [contest edition] - 5 min.

Santa Lucia - 30 min.

Vectrex:

Pole Position - 15 min.

Star Castle - 10 min.

A combination of various HSC's, actually playing the Intellivision game I posted about last Sunday and a Christmas party at our club where I got to play a few formats I don't own personally.

• Like 7

Here are my times for this past week (December 10th through 16th)...

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man (WIP) - 216 min. in 4 sessions

Clobberman - 21 min.

Karateka - 3 min.

MS-DOS:

Karateka - 2 min.

Most of this week's time was played on the Atari 7800, and most of that on the WIP of Baby Pac-Man of which there was another update this week. I found some issues there as well such as your baby dying going through the tunnels eating blue ghosts with tunnel speed 4.

Other than that, I played another Pac-Man variant called Clobberman and two versions of Karateka, in both of which I didn't manage to score a single hit before being killed by the first enemy. I can remember that I made it much farther back in the day on the C-64 though...

• Like 7

A2600

Chopper Command 9

DK VCS 6

HERO 213

Kaboom 84 I got my highest score in 2 years and a new personal best of 21,764

Megamania 238 I got what I think is a new personal best of 286,760

River Raid 37

SeaQuest 32

Space Game 10

Stay Frosty 28

Toyshop Trouble 57

Strong focus this week on some of the best games the VCS has to offer. I love HERO and Megamania while Stay Frosty(s) and Toyshop Trouble are simply brilliant homebrews. I also threw a few minutes in this week on the Activision Anthology for PS2 - sweet soundtrack.

• Like 7

A2600

Chopper Command 9

DK VCS 6

HERO 213

Kaboom 84 I got my highest score in 2 years and a new personal best of 21,764

Megamania 238 I got what I think is a new personal best of 286,760

River Raid 37

SeaQuest 32

Space Game 10

Stay Frosty 28

Toyshop Trouble 57

Strong focus this week on some of the best games the VCS has to offer. I love HERO and Megamania while Stay Frosty(s) and Toyshop Trouble are simply brilliant homebrews. I also threw a few minutes in this week on the Activision Anthology for PS2 - sweet soundtrack.

Congrats on the new Kaboom! PB. If you can make it that high I think you can make it a lot higher. :)

• Like 4

Via Namco Museum on PS1.

Pole Position II. 45 minutes. Fuji Speedway track. PP is one of the best racers I've ever played. There is a lot of skill required to navigate this track and around the opponents. I kept playing until I finished the race, and then I actually beat my prior high score. YEE HAW!

Galaga. 30 mins.

Galaxian. 15 mins.

Qix. On Ps2 Taito collection. 60 mins. Played over and over. I got to 3x bonus points, by splitting the 2 Qix, but died before I could really take advantage of it. Oh well.

• Like 6

Congrats on the new Kaboom! PB. If you can make it that high I think you can make it a lot higher. :)

Yeah, it doesn't get any harder. I've been experimenting with dropping down to level 6 with only one bucket to get back to 3 buckets on level 8, but that doesn't seem to work for me consistently. I have one big problem though and that is that my wrist physically hurts if I play too much. I have to limit myself to only playing 5 games in a single session.

I also just generally have a hard time feeling confident on level 8. The bomber gets some crazy patterns going far to one side of the screen (or the other) that I just can't seem to reliably catch even when I desperately need to.

• Like 4

Times for the week:

NES Tetris 187 minutes. Conquered Type B Levels 12-5 and 13-5

Atari 2600 for HSC

Gopher 5 minutes - lousy game

Ultra scsicide 10 minutes lousier game

Other Atari 2600 were

Barnstorming 2 mins - trying to earn a patch, can't

Laser Blast 15 mins - boring but I love playing it over and over

Millipede 31 mins -great game

Solar Fox 198 mins - relaxing game

• Like 7

This week went much like I was expecting it would last week, which is to say pretty darn good! :)

4eAb4ql.jpg

Ineligible
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Demo (Nintendo 3DS) - 22 minutes
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS) - 827 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza (Nintendo 3DS) - 10 minutes

Atari 2600
Gopher - 56 minutes
Surround - 33 minutes
Ultra SCSIcide - 30 minutes

PlayStation
Tomb Raider - 507 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,485 minutes (24 hours 45 minutes) [626 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo 3DS: 859 minutes
PlayStation: 507 minutes
Atari 2600: 119 minutes

This week was pretty much a repeat of last week in terms of gaming time. I spent most of the week working on my game of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS while the misses ran, jumped, shot, and climbed her way through Tomb Raider on the PlayStation. At this point we're both fairly close to finishing our respective games, with just one temple left to go for me in Ocarina of Time and just a few levels left for her in Tomb Raider.

Other than our main gaming focuses the only other games played around here this past week were some Atari 2600 High Score Club games and the demo of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (a very cool game that I'll have to pick up the full version of at some point) as well as StreetPass Mii Plaza on the 3DS, since I ended up getting the first StreetPass hit I've had on my 3DS since August so I had a few minigames to play. The Atari 2600 HSC games were a good bit of fun too, and the spousal unit actually joined me to take turns playing Gopher for a bit, but I think I'm done with the HSC games for this round so I'll probably wait to see what next week's game is before I fire up the Atari 2600 again.

Speaking of next week, I'm pretty sure I'll be finishing up The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D next week and it looks like the misses will be wrapping up Tomb Raider as well. I know she's planning on starting in on Tomb Raider II as soon as she's finished with the first game in the series, though I'm not too sure what I'll be playing next. Maybe Star Fox 64 3D again? I have been really enjoying playing my 3DS more as of late so I'm sure I'll find something to play on it once I'm done with Ocarina of Time.

Until then, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 7

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - 15 min (Never played any of the Sonic games much other than the first one. Played a bit of this via the Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube.)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 15 min (GF and I played the racing vs thing in this game. Had some fun. Those pinball levels always get me lost. Played via Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube.)

Arcade (MAME)

Gyruss - 47 min (Another game I kept playing until I realised it had no ending. lol I remember playing this and being terrible at it on the NES. There's a dip switch setting on the arcade machine that gives 255 men, so I went for it. Was going to play until I ran out of men, but got bored of it after a while.)

Neo Turf Masters - 35 min (Had never really played this before. Had some awesome holes, and had some terrible holes. A pretty fun, fast, arcade golf game.)

• Like 6

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - 15 min (Never played any of the Sonic games much other than the first one. Played a bit of this via the Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube.)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 15 min (GF and I played the racing vs thing in this game. Had some fun. Those pinball levels always get me lost. Played via Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube.)

Arcade (MAME)

Gyruss - 47 min (Another game I kept playing until I realised it had no ending. lol I remember playing this and being terrible at it on the NES. There's a dip switch setting on the arcade machine that gives 255 men, so I went for it. Was going to play until I ran out of men, but got bored of it after a while.)

Neo Turf Masters - 35 min (Had never really played this before. Had some awesome holes, and had some terrible holes. A pretty fun, fast, arcade golf game.)

I have a soft spot for Sonic 2- it's one of a few games that i have the level layouts memorized and can blow through the game. :) Sonic 3 is really cool (I love the graphics and music), but I just didn't play it as much.

• Like 3