IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

Here's the summary for Week 44, running from October 29 - November 4. We logged 5041 minutes of eligible play, playing 65 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation) - 523

2. Yahtzee (TI-99/4A) - 240

3. Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis) - 239

4. Rat Attack (N64) - 227

5. Knockout Kings 2000 (N64) - 210

6. Mario Kart 64 (N64) - 190

7. Joust (Arcade) - 170

8. Markus of Marinus (TI-99/4A) - 150

9. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 140

10. Lethal Enforcers (Genesis) - 139

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Yahtzee (TI-99/4A) - 240

2. Joust (Arcade) - 170

3. Markus of Marinus (TI-99/4A) - 150

4. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 140

5. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 135

6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 133

6. Space Invaders (Atari 2600) - 133

8. Room of Doom (Atari 2600) - 127

9. Borzork (TI-99/4A) - 120

10. Track & Field (Atari 2600) - 100

10. Mine Storm (Vectrex) - 100

Top 10 systems:

1. TI-99/4A (1180)

2. Atari 2600 (842)

3. N64 (727)

4. Genesis (602)

5. PlayStation (523)

6. Arcade (499)

7. NES/Famicom (225)

8. Atari 8-bit (115)

9. SNES (108)

10. Vectrex (100)

PlayStation gets the top game, Atari 2600 owns the other...no, wait, that was last week! This week it's the TI-99/4A that owns the other two charts, though we still have a PlayStation game as the individual #1.

• Like 9

Yep... my whole family got pretty heated playing TI-99 Yahtzee....

We even learned that there is an "assist" algorithm in there that would seemingly help the player who was behind near the end of the game.

When that kicked in and gave out a Yahtzeeon the last turn of the game, things got thrown.

• Like 3

I spent Friday and Saturday at a TI-99/4A convention, so I have some times to post!!

It was a pretty busy week even before the Faire, and my boy put in some TI time.

TI-99/4A:

Alpiner (20 minutes)

Blasto (35 minutes)

Car Wars (3 minutes)

Eric in Monsterland (25 minutes) **my son**

Henhouse (20 minutes)

Markus of Marinus (45 minutes)

Panzer Strike (10 minutes)

Parsec (10 minutes)

Return to Pirate's Isle (50 minutes) **my son**

St. Nick (20 minutes)

Story Machine (45 minutes) **my son**

Super Demon Attack (5 minutes)

Tunnels of Doom (35 minutes) **my son**

WarZone (10 minutes)

N64:

Knockout Kings (30 minutes)

Mario Kart 64 (20 minutes)

We may play some tomorrow.... not sure. I'll be setting all my gear back up after lugging a car-full or equipment down to Chicago for the TI Faire.

• Like 8

Atari 2600

Mouse Trap: 12 min

Sega Mega Drive

Flintstones: 5 min

Ariel the Little Mermaid: 10 min

PC (DOS)

Silent Hunter: 72 min

Commodore 64

Battleships: 43 min

A little more variety this week. The Mega Drive gameplay was done for testing with a weird (I guess pirate) 2-in-1 cart I picked up out of curiosity on German ebay. So far, I haven't found out anything about it. Can anyone point me towards a decent Mega Drive database? Or - in case the internet doesn't know about it yet - to someone who would be interested to record it in a database? I'll attach a few photos.

post-34656-0-61801800-1541921799.jpg

post-34656-0-66824600-1541921810.jpg

post-34656-0-15754100-1541921820.jpg

• Like 6

Here are my times for this week (November 5th through 11th)...

I actually didn't play anything this week due to me and my father both being in the hospital during some time this week, but I forgot to add something from last week, so I'll take it over to this week:

TI-99:

Micro Pinball - 11 min.

I didn't play this for too long because I didn't manage to find out how to operate both flippers. I only checked it out to compare it to my WIP pinball part of Baby Pac-Man on the Atari 7800.

Other than that, I crashed with a scared e-scooter (I guess I got into the tram tracks) and had to stay in the hospital for two days, and on Friday my father got taken to a hospital as well because of problems with his bladder, so I had to visit him yesterday. This, sadly, leaves no time for gaming this week. I only managed to continue work on Baby Pac-Man for the Atari 7800 for a bit.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
  • Like 6

Times for the week all Atari 2600:

I got a new flashback Deluxe 8 with wired paddles and hooked them up to my old 2600 so a lot of paddle times.

Breakout 123 minutes with score of 864

Eggomania 79 minutes with score of 23,922

Kaboom 18 minutes with a score of 2,749

Super Breakout 39 minutes with s score of 1,964

Video Olympics 40 minutes

For high score clubs:

Track n Field 12 minutes, not liking

Space Invaders 10 minutes

Mouse Trap 98 minutes, like a lot

Juno First for Homebrew HSC 35 minutes, like s lot.

Solar Fox 182 minutes score of 5.5 mil

All fun games except TnF

• Like 5

Not a lot of time playing anything for me this week...

SNES

Raiden Trad - 25 min (A good version of Raiden. Similar to the TurboGrafx version, but with a difficulty select. Sound is better, of course, but also a bit of slowdown which the TurboGrafx version doesn't have.)

Honestly, TG-16 is way better for shmups sound wise, than the SNES.

• Like 2

There wasn't quite as much gaming around here as usual this past week, due to my right arm getting injured playing last week's Atari 2600 High Score Club game Track & Field and a slow eBay delivery of the game the misses was waiting to get in the mail, but we still got some time logged over the weekend. :)

hE32yAM.jpg

Ineligible
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Nintendo Wii) - 650 minutes

Atari 2600
Defender - 7 minutes
Mouse Trap - 27 minutes

Sega Genesis
Golden Axe II - 105 minutes
Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters - 33 minutes
Sonic 3D Blast - 314 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,136 minutes (18 hours 56 minutes) [486 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Wii: 650 minutes
Sega Genesis: 452 minutes
Atari 2600: 34 minutes

With my right shoulder and wrist screwed up from playing Track & Field last week it was rather difficult to hold a controller for much of the week, but once I got my Wii's disc drive fixed up I discovered that I could rest the Wii Zapper over my knee and comfortably play light gun games that way. Once I figured that out I spent the majority of the week just playing through one of my old favorite light gun games, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, and managed to complete every level on Hard difficulty for the first time by the week's end. I also played a little Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters on the Genesis as well, but as you might imagine I didn't too terribly well shooting from the hip.

Speaking of Genesis games, the misses spent most of the week waiting for a copy of Golden Axe II to show up in the mail. It was supposed to be here on Tuesday but ended up not arriving until Friday, so she didn't play any games at all until the weekend rolled around. Once the game arrived though we did two full play throughs of it on Easy then Normal difficulty, and we managed to beat it without too much trouble. Thankfully Golden Axe II is way more forgiving in terms of difficulty than the first game in the series.

On Saturday we also parked it on the couch together for a good 3 and a half hours and played through Sonic 3D Blast, which is definitely one of my childhood favorite Genesis games. It may not be quite as good as the classic 2D Sonic titles, but it still never ceases to amaze me what a good job Traveler's Tales did capturing all the elements that make Sonic games fun in the series very first foray into 3D; and on a 16-bit console no less. It's got beautiful bright and colorful graphics, a great sense of speed and flow once you get a feel for the controls, excellent music, and some neat new gameplay mechanics to boot. All it in all it's just a really fun and well thought out gaming experience, even if it is radically different from every other game in the series.

The only other games that were played around here this past week were the two current Atari 2600 High Score Club games, Mouse Trap and Defender, but after my injury last week I think it'll be a while until I can play Atari 2600 games well again. I'll keep participating and posting scores every week, but I will be taking it easy for a while and not pushing myself until my arm and hand muscles are back to 100%. Looking ahead to next week I think I'll probably be catching up on some of my back catalog of Wii games that I've been meaning to play, and we've got a couple more Genesis games coming on Tuesday that the spousal unit and I are planning to play together. Should be a fun week!

I think that about covers everything for today's post, so until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 6

We had a bit of gaming fun-time this week, so I actually get to have an input again! :)

TI-99/4A

Skyway 60 minutes

Knight Lore 15 minutes

Flying Shark 40 minutes

Eric in Monsterland 15 minutes

Doncaster 10 minutes

Restless II 30 minutes

Tutankham 20 minutes

ILikeTurtles got most of the game time here, but I was able to contribute more than usual too. Game time is definitely fun time!

It is probably a good thing that last weeks TI-99 Yahtzee-thon wasn't played using the original Milton-Bradley Gamevision version of the cartridge. That one cheats for the computer player, giving it a real leg-up on the computer's meatware opponents. . .

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 7

Atari 2600

Kaboom! - 143 minutes

Track & Field - 33 minutes

Hunchy 2 - 25 minutes

Space Invaders - 2 minutes

I just couldn't get past the 110 m hurdles on Track & Field. I had an awesome game going. I broke 10 seconds in the 100, reached 9m in the long jump, and got a really good distance in the

javelin throw. My best 110m hurdles was 13.64. (Had to get 13.50 or better to continue.) I guess I shouldn't have waited until the last minute to play.

• Like 5