IGNORED

Atari employee's stuff

towmater

Actually he did put a price on it. I have $1.

I love when people do that. I will call them and make them seem like I'm really interested for about 5 minutes asking questions then ask them if they want the dollar in check or cash.

Edited by SignGuy81
  • Like 3

It’s against CL rules to not post a price or to post a bogus price (like $1). I hate it because it makes searching difficult if I’m searching or sorting by price.

Again it is Craigslist, there are no fees being circumvented. If the seller is missing out on people viewing the listing that is his loss. You'd better report it because you "hate it" though. :roll:

I "Hate It" when people report shit for dumb reasons.

Should I be worried you are going to report my post?

• Like 2

So since CL is a user moderated community and someone flags a CL ad for violating posting rules you somehow have issue with that? We have entirely differing ideas of what’s dumb but given your choice of avatar I shouldn’t be surprised by your judgement.

Again it is Craigslist, there are no fees being circumvented. If the seller is missing out on people viewing the listing that is his loss. You'd better report it because you "hate it" though. :roll:

I "Hate It" when people report shit for dumb reasons.

Should I be worried you are going to report my post?

It can be kinda irritating to the buyer if you are searching for a used cheap car for example and you sort by price and the first page you get is full of cars listed for $1 so yes I report them as well.

• Like 1

So since CL is a user moderated community and someone flags a CL ad for violating posting rules you somehow have issue with that? We have entirely differing ideas of what’s dumb but given your choice of avatar I shouldn’t be surprised by your judgement.

I have issue with people just trying to cause trouble to make themselves feel more important than they are. When we were kids we called people like you "tattle-tales".
  • Like 1

Well so anyways, I thought someone here like Kevin Savetz or Brad Arnold might want to get ahold of this person to see if they have any Atari age stories to share.

It seems there are "hard drives" and such that are not pictured at all, I guess you'd have to write the seller. Which I just did...

craigslist

Edited by towmater

I don't really see how you can draw any conclusions about the price, when it seems pretty clear that there is far more than what's pictured. At worst, this guy is guilty of not taking enough pics, but it seems like he wants someone to just come check out the lot and make an offer.

Edited by CGQuarterly
  • Like 1

He does say "realistic" and I don't see anything wrong with that, though if he's already got the price figured into his head that it's $2,500 it already sounds you would be struggling for any wiggle room below $1,000. Doesn't matter who or where it came from. All that is pictured is probably $600 at best and that's permitting everything is in working order.

Edited by Clint Thompson

Probably an elderly person, he lives in a retirement community, doesn't likely realize the importance of pics. I emailed the seller about this thread, we'll have to wait to see if there is some feedback. I'd go look myself, but I'm not sure I'd want to mislead this person into thinking I am going to bring $2000 in cash. Apparently the seller doesn't use PayPal, or I seriously would take a look and consider buying if the mystery items were worth it.

Probably an elderly person, he lives in a retirement community, doesn't likely realize the importance of pics. I emailed the seller about this thread, we'll have to wait to see if there is some feedback. I'd go look myself, but I'm not sure I'd want to mislead this person into thinking I am going to bring $2000 in cash. Apparently the seller doesn't use PayPal, or I seriously would take a look and consider buying if the mystery items were worth it.

Retired and likely socially isolated in some sense but the fact he's posting on Craigslist at all suggests some awareness of the internet. Guy's probably too lazy to bother piecing it out on eBay where he'd have to ship it out.

You’ve pretty much given me all the info I need to know what we still call people like yourself.

You're a tattle-tale, dude. Also atari181's avatar is perfect, don't bodyshame.