IGNORED

How old are you?

mr_intv

45 here, went to Japan, London, worked for a fortune 200 company, worked in Silicon Valley, helped make video games for Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox and have owned a classic video game store for the last 10 years and have worn wayyyy too many cosplay costumes that only a crazy extrovert would wear ...... haha

sigh... what a ride...

Here is to all of the folks here that are in their "middle age", however you define it..... may your next 70 years be just a exciting and fun..

Drink good things

Eat expensively once in while

Play games made from labors of love

And Love those around you a little more than yesterday

P.S. Is it just me or did the game Snafu have the very first catchy song? I mean before bubble bobble, mario, etc.. haha

• Like 3

Nice progress for 14 months with a high homebrew to 125 ratio :thumbsup:

Love the originals, but really love the homebrews. The quality array of games and packaging provided by the homebrew authors is amazing and I will continue to do my best to support them.

• Like 1

54 bought my first Intellivision when i was 17 with my own money 300+ which was a ton of money for this poor boy first two games Triple Action . Still love biplanes baseball . I remember playing Atari 2600 and Intellivision at Sears and clearly saw the one I liked :) Wish I would of stocked up on Sears Backgammon LOL

So my kids asked me if everyone who plays/collects intellivision is as old as me? ....I wasnt sure how to take that. So if anyone is willing to share their age feel free to do so.

I am a glorious 48 about to be 49. I grew up when Arcades were full of new and magical games. When Homes started getting GOOD home video games. When rock bands were like gods and concerts had "Super Jams". When cars were badder than bad (ahhh the 1978 Trans Am).

It was a time that kids could leave on their BMX bike in the morning and not have to check back in home till the sun was setting and mom was calling your name for dinner. It was time when Shopping Malls were a cool and safe place to hang...see a movie...waste 10 bux in the mall arcade.

A time when movie sequels came out every 4 years which built immense anticipation. Not only that but the movies them selves would stay in the theatre for 6 months if it was a hit (Star Wars, ET, Indiana Jones).

Today...our kids...have none of this.....and thats sad.

D

Edited by Denicio
  • Like 6

All I can say about us late 40's guys and being a kid in the early 80s is to watch Stranger Things. They got it all correct, down to our bikes and even Mike standing in front of their new 22" TV with the 2 Atari 2600 carts stacked on it.

Long live pizza, arcades, monkey bars on your bike, bmx, D&D with your friends and home video games!

• Like 1

45 (as it appears several others are). I feel fortunate to have grown up in such a pivotal time in the evolution of home videogames and computers. It was early enough where the technology and companies was just barely good enough and still had seemingly unlimited possibilities, but not too late to fully enjoy everything we have now (and will have).

• Like 1

Going on 48 in a couple weeks. Was introduced to Atari in the late 70's and when Intellivision came around, seeing it for the first time I was like a bug attracted to a zapper: "it's so awesome to look at!" Playing it for the first time was like getting zapped and after that I couldn't go without! :grin:

• Like 2

I' m 48. I first played video games on a Unisonic Tournament 2000 Pong Console at age 7. There were about 6 or 7 variation of pong including a light rifle.

Age 7: Unisonic Tournament 2000 Pong Console

Age 9 or 10: Atari VCS

Age 12: Intellivision

Age 13: Colecovision

Age 14: Coleco Adam

In 7 years I went from playing pong on a black and white TV to the Coleco Adam computer with its "arcade quality video game system" built-in along with full featured word processor and letter quality printer.

Edited by ed1475
  • Like 2

In 7 years I went from playing pong on a black and white TV to the Coleco Adam computer with its "arcade quality video game system" built-in along with full featured word processor and letter quality printer.

Tell me about it. In about 5 years I went from the Odyssey 1 (basically Pong) to the Commodore 64.

These days 5 years gets you maybe 50% more storage, and 10% more CPU horsepower. But 40 new Intellivision homebrews :D

• Like 2

29. I've been playing Intellivision since 2008 when I acquired an original model system from Trade-n-games. It still plays fine but the reset button stopped functioning about 2 years back. Not in any hurry to fix it since I have the FB and play that now. I also have the DS collection and Intellivision Rocks on PC which are awesome.

• Like 2

34 - got interested in it reading some old video game books from the library, and then my grandmother found me one, plus an intellivoice and a bunch of games at a church sale circa 1992. Actually, a friend of mine in high school was an intellivision fan as well - used to go over to her place to play Burgertime and Thin Ice on the regular!

• Like 1

Just turned 50 last month was Atari from childhood to around 23 when I got a Genesis

It was not til i was in my early 30's I finally got an Intellivision and then bought batches of carts. ebay was still somewhat friendly even bought a batch of loose carts and seller asked if i wanted an Intellivision system thrown in for free and free shipping Still using that same console today works great

• Like 1

29. I've been playing Intellivision since 2008 when I acquired an original model system from Trade-n-games. It still plays fine but the reset button stopped functioning about 2 years back. Not in any hurry to fix it since I have the FB and play that now. I also have the DS collection and Intellivision Rocks on PC which are awesome.

Another St Louis native? Trade-N-Games rocks.

first Intellivision game played: Shark! Shark!

first C64 game played: Aztec Challenge

first console video game: Combat on Atari 2600

first computer game: Radar Rat Race on Vic-20

first arcade game: Space Invaders

first movie: Star Wars

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1