IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

big buck hunter preorder:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-big-buck-hunter-arcade-w-4-games-multi/6416410.p?skuId=6416410

6416410_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

If you're on the hunt for some retro gaming fun, you've found it. Bringing you authentic arcade experiences in an affordable midsize form factor, Arcade1Up game cabinets are must-haves for your family game room, man cave, or a welcome distraction in the office. They play great, look great, and are instant conversation pieces. This cabinet hits the mark not only with the included games Buck Hunter Pro, Big Buck Hunter Safari, Big Buck Hunter Outback, and Big Buck Hunter Open Season but with its two light gun rifles, matching riser, and bonus 18" x 24" tin sign. Sure, go ahead and say it - this thing is loaded.

Arcade1up Big Buck Hunter Arcade w/4 Games

Including Buck Hunter Pro, Big Buck Hunter Safari, Big Buck Hunter Outback, and Big Buck Hunter Open Season.

Delivers sharp images.

Lets two players compete in head-to-head, real-time competition.

Allows setting a comfortable sound level.

Boasts the original artwork from your favorite games.

Original artwork

Features an iconic look for lovers of classic games.

Riser included

Allows for improved standing play.

What's Included

• 18" x 24" tin sign
  • 2 light gun rifles
  • Arcade1Up Big Buck Hunter Arcade Cabinet
  • Riser

later

Edited by negative1

5 hours ago, negative1 said:

big buck hunter preorder:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-big-buck-hunter-arcade-w-4-games-multi/6416410.p?skuId=6416410

6416410_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

If you're on the hunt for some retro gaming fun, you've found it. Bringing you authentic arcade experiences in an affordable midsize form factor, Arcade1Up game cabinets are must-haves for your family game room, man cave, or a welcome distraction in the office. They play great, look great, and are instant conversation pieces. This cabinet hits the mark not only with the included games Buck Hunter Pro, Big Buck Hunter Safari, Big Buck Hunter Outback, and Big Buck Hunter Open Season but with its two light gun rifles, matching riser, and bonus 18" x 24" tin sign. Sure, go ahead and say it - this thing is loaded.

Including Buck Hunter Pro, Big Buck Hunter Safari, Big Buck Hunter Outback, and Big Buck Hunter Open Season.

Delivers sharp images.

Lets two players compete in head-to-head, real-time competition.

Allows setting a comfortable sound level.

Boasts the original artwork from your favorite games.

Original artwork

Features an iconic look for lovers of classic games.

Riser included

Allows for improved standing play.

What's Included

• 18" x 24" tin sign
  • 2 light gun rifles
  • Arcade1Up Big Buck Hunter Arcade Cabinet
  • Riser

later

Looks REALLY nice.  Now please please please more Light Gun (Sinden!) games.  Virtua Cop / HOTD, Carnevil, the Exidy games we talked about, Area 51 / Maximum whatever.

Especially if they keep the look as tight as this one, I am SO in.  Not even my faves, but I'd take Point Blank / Time Crisis too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Vrock said:

I had read they have been using mame .37b, back in 2018 anyway. Whatever they are using, it isn't emulating properly.

On my Raspberry Pi, the same exact rom produces different sounds in Mame2003 (incorrect) vs Mame2016 (correct). This should be easy to get right.

Only the earliest multigame ones used MAME, rampage, and atari collection.

They are using a custom MOO emulator for their games. These are all written using their own code, and

tested and checked against the various Namco releases. Whether they do the testing on the actual

emulation target or not, is not known.

There are two other Namco roms, and two from Taito also, besides the 5 versions from midway.

later

Edited by negative1

Super Pac-Man boxes spotted being offloaded at a Costco today:

I've been thinking about grabbing a 40th anniversary Pac-Man cab for awhile, now I'm conflicted which one to get. This has a better overall game selection, but the 40th anniversary cab is more aesthetically appealing.

Edited by teh_lurv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, teh_lurv said:

Super Pac-Man boxes spotted being offloaded at a Costco today:

I've been thinking about grabbing a 40th anniversary Pac-Man cab for awhile, now I'm conflicted which one to get. This has a better overall game selection, but the 40th anniversary cab is more aesthetically appealing.

if you wait long enough, someone will probably mod it, then you can just get the PCB,

and maybe even the control panel and swap them into the other one.

later

2 hours ago, negative1 said:

review : it seems the fire button is switched to the left for galaga/galaxian (there might be an update later on to fix it):

later

What gets me is the "How-to-Play" screen for Galaxian/Galaga labels the left button as "Fire", so this screw-up wasn't an 11th-hour mistake but went through the good portion of the design process without anyone saying "hey, that isn't right".

1 hour ago, teh_lurv said:

What gets me is the "How-to-Play" screen for Galaxian/Galaga labels the left button as "Fire", so this screw-up wasn't an 11th-hour mistake but went through the good portion of the design process without anyone saying "hey, that isn't right".

Thats because no one at the company actually plays any of the games, or tests them.

later