IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

it's a forum issue.

Yes, I could go on all day like this with a run on sentence that you would try to keep on reading and then your eyes would have to follow the screen all the way across over here, but then where would the line breaks go? I am using the bbcode editor option, because doing multiple replies and quotes is terrible in the full option editor, and guess what, there are no line breaks at all and the text goes all the way across the screen, and you cant even see where the replies end, or the line ends. So I create a line break early, so i can see what I'm doing. Also, i create a lot of my posts in notepad, because i don't want to lose my work, and then cut and paste the results here.

later

It is not a forum issue. I fixed your post above. This is what a proper reply looks like. There is no need for line breaks. You can and should write in paragraphs. You should capitalize the first word of every new sentence. You do not need to hit the return key until you start a new paragraph. You do not need to start a new paragraph until you are changing thoughts or subjects. You should not start sentences with conjunctions like 'and' or 'but'. You should capitalize "I" when referring to yourself.

You don't have to take my advice. But reading your posts is often very difficult because more than half of the things you write get lost or broken up mid-thought because of the unnecessary line breaks. After a while, trying to cobble together a complete thought from broken up half-phrases just makes people want to skip it.

• Like 1

I like -1 writing style, I don't like moving my eyes while reading and loosing my line spacing.

I'm reading this forum on a 23in widescreen monitor, so when the text is not short formatted then I have a tendency to loose my line position. That happens more often in long paragraphs.

So, keep what you are doing -1 !

BTW, nice review. I'm tempted to get one of those cabinets (the 6 in 1 or 12 in 1), but something in my head is preventing me from doing that (tiny little voice).

• Like 1

It is not a forum issue. I fixed your post above. This is what a proper reply looks like. There is no need for line breaks. You can and should write in paragraphs. You should capitalize the first word of every new sentence. You do not need to hit the return key until you start a new paragraph. You do not need to start a new paragraph until you are changing thoughts or subjects. You should not start sentences with conjunctions like 'and' or 'but'. You should capitalize "I" when referring to yourself.

You don't have to take my advice. But reading your posts is often very difficult because more than half of the things you write get lost or broken up mid-thought because of the unnecessary line breaks. After a while, trying to cobble together a complete thought from broken up half-phrases just makes people want to skip it.

Thank you Mr. Mullet, for that lesson in English grammar, punctuation, and writing style.

I actually can write like that, if I choose to do so, but prefer the more casual style for this forum, due to its non-English class style used by most posters.

I again re-iterate my issue is with the forum, per my previous post decrying the issue with the forum software.

I am using Windows 7, and the latest version of the Chrome Browser. Perhaps you are using some other configuration that I am unaware of that

provides a solution to the current issue. Re:Line spacing and hard returns.

Please refer to the actual screenshot below, before commenting on my situation, thus sparing you from unnecessary and inconclusive solutions

that offer me no respite from my current dilemma of correct posting procedure:

atarif-iss1.jpg

Perhaps you neglected to address that I was using the BBCode option in the editor which I prefer, due to the

option which is required to respond to multiple quotes, and thus allowing a finer control for responding in

kind, to the propositions and queries put forth by the multitudes of posters. This is in stark contrast to

the normal but less featured full option editor, which causes me constant grievances when it comes to formatting

a properly worded response to other fellow members of this board.

That said, please grade this post leniently, as I have proof-read it for errors, but some may have escaped my attention.

Good day, sir.

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

Thank you Mr. Mullet, for that lesson in English grammar, punctuation, and writing style.

I actually can write like that, if I choose to do so, but prefer the more casual style for this forum, due to its non-English class style used by most posters.

I again re-iterate my issue is with the forum, per my previous post decrying the issue with the forum software.

I am using Windows 7, and the latest version of the Chrome Browser. Perhaps you are using some other configuration that I am unaware of that

provides a solution to the current issue. Re:Line spacing and hard returns.

Please refer to the actual screenshot below, before commenting on my situation, thus sparing you from unnecessary and inconclusive solutions

that offer me no respite from my current dilemma of correct posting procedure:

atarif-iss1.jpg

That said, please grade this post leniently, as I have proof-read it for errors, but some may have escaped my attention.

Good day, sir.

That's not a forum issue. That's because you have the editing options turned off. If you click the little "light switch" in the upper left, it turns on the full editor mode, and your text will format and wordwrap properly to the dialog window.

Edited by John Stamos Mullet
  • Like 1

I was starting to THINK, maybe we discovered Christopher WALKen's secret AtariAGE account.

Damn you... now when i read his posts I hear it in Walken's voice and cadence.

download-1.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Mullet...

for that lesson...

in, English grammar...

punctuation...

and writing, style.

Edited by The Historian

Wow, those things are WRECKED! And WTF is anyone thinking, putting Defender in the Rampage cabinet? Switch it to Defender/STARGATE/Joust/Robotron and I'd make room for one of those.

They should probably make Robotron, Total Carnage, Smash TV Arcade cabinet. I would buy that for a dollar.

• Like 2

That's not a forum issue. That's because you have the editing options turned off. If you click the little "light switch" in the upper left, it turns on the full editor mode, and your text will format and wordwrap properly to the dialog window.

Dear Mr. Mullet,

As I have stated not once, not twice, but several times now. There is no way to use the full editor to reply to multiple quotes.

Until that issue is resolved, I have resigned myself to using the BBCode Editor, due to its flexibility in directly editing the

aforementioned quotes via the ' [ quote ] ' demarcators, as opposed to blindly quoting several persons as seen via this example.

Once you have multiple level quotes, the internal editor is not able to handle the quotes.

Figure 1: Demonstrating the futility of trying to reply to multiple quotes within a given post,

and responding thusly.

atarif-fullquote.jpg

Figure 2: Demonstrating the vastly superior BBCode Editor giving full flexibility in responding

henceforth towards the aformentioned multiple inquiry post:

atari-full-BBCode.jpg

Again, this is not done to refute your assertions of using the Full screen editor for menial,

and trivial responses to an original post. It is moreover, a demonstration of the limitations

and lack of features working as one would expect them to.

So, in order to continue to post in a somewhat restricted (It may seem), manner with the line

breaks occurring in non-standard positions, I politely retire my position on further pursuits

of a solution that is satisfactory to both your party, and mine.

Signed, by my lawyer, and you may pass this statement on to your lawyer for further reconcilation.

[*NOTE : No Lawyers or English teachers were harmed in this post, or any legal implications are further waived from said party]

Edited by negative1

Dear Mr. Mullet,

As I have stated not once, not twice, but several times now. There is no way to use the full editor to reply to multiple quotes.

Until that issue is resolved, I have resigned myself to using the BBCode Editor, due to its flexibility in directly editing the

aforementioned quotes via the ' [ quote ] ' demarcators, as opposed to blindly quoting several persons as seen via this example.

Once you have multiple level quotes, the internal editor is not able to handle the quotes.

Figure 1: Demonstrating the futility of trying to reply to multiple quotes within a given post,

and responding thusly.

atarif-fullquote.jpg

Figure 2: Demonstrating the vastly superior BBCode Editor giving full flexibility in responding

henceforth towards the aformentioned multiple inquiry post:

atari-full-BBCode.jpg

Again, this is not done to refute your assertions of using the Full screen editor for menial,

and trivial responses to an original post. It is moreover, a demonstration of the limitations

and lack of features working as one would expect them to.

So, in order to continue to post in a somewhat restricted (It may seem), manner with the line

breaks occurring in non-standard positions, I politely retire my position on further pursuits

of a solution that is satisfactory to both your party, and mine.

Signed, by my lawyer, and you may pass this statement on to your lawyer for further reconcilation.

[*NOTE : No Lawyers or English teachers were harmed in this post, or any legal implications are further waived from said party]

Ok, well I get what you're saying - but personally, I prefer correctly formatted posts over the ability to reply to multiple people in a single post, as that becomes a TL;DR, situation. I tend to just reply to people individually. I like the personal touch.

Well the cool thing is it's easy to toggle back and forth with a single click right. I toggle into the BBCode option all the time especially when the standard editor is acting stupid (e.g. being a pain about getting a cursor before an image, making you type within a quote,, etc.) . And yes it works well for multiple quotes and multiple images when you're trying to get it the way you want. But once I'm done I toggle back to the regular editor to check out the results. :) In the BBcode option the line runs off to the right and gives you a scrollbar.. but once you toggle back you can see the paragraph with wraparounds fine. It's all good.

And yes an arcade1up cab in the vein of the existing more expensive "multi-Williams" cabs out there would have been great.

• Like 2

Heh, also - I still think your browser is broken. I just clicked the "quote" button on three posts in this thread, and they appeared in the "quick reply" window at the bottom, all text and pics included, properly formatted. So then I clecked the "More Reply Options" button to take me to the full editor and VIOLA!:

OT: One last time, ONE LAST TIME, he yells, shaking his fists at the sky.

Actually Mr. Mullet, that is still not the problem. You can reply to multiple people quite easily, as you have

shown in your screenshot.

The main ISSUE, is replying to one of those people, when you have to split their response into several smaller

subdivided responses, when they make multiple points.

All that happens, when you hit the quote reply, is it indents your quote 1 level below the original, instead

of breaking the quote out to 2 levels to the parent post, thus making it clearer to see that you are responding

to that.

What happens, is that the quotes get nested further and further, and becomes illegible.

=====================

Now, back to Arcade 1up talk.

Still playing Pac-Man plus, and have gotten to the Pancake levels - which are equivalent to keys. Broke 100k

Here, I ended at the 6th Pancake, after the Bread levels:

pacplus-100ks.jpg

later

• Like 2

Man, I'm glad someone said it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm with -1 on this one.

When you want to break one quote in to multiple replies you have to use the bbcode editor. Like this:

Heh, also - I still think your browser is broken.

His browser is fine.

I just clicked the "quote" button on three posts in this thread, and they appeared in the "quick reply" window at the bottom, all text and pics included, properly formatted.

Absolutely works for quotes for more than one person.

So then I clecked the "More Reply Options" button to take me to the full editor and VIOLA!

While I've never "clecked" anything myself, I doubt it would break a quote from a single person into multiple parts.

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 1