IGNORED

NEXT GEN SYSTEMS

midwest_cdn

Being a Linux buff I know a lot about that. The hard drive that comes with the Linux pack is completely formatted into ext2 (maybe ext3) partitions and can only be used for Linux. It cannot be used for anything else and thus is not comparable to the XBox hdd.

As for games on the XBox... I have a lot of games and Halo is one of the least played. I play Unreal Championship(live), Mech Assault(live), and Fatal Frame the most right now. I also enjoyed the MGS2 port a lot until I beat it. One game I have that I will always be able to pop in anytime I want some quick action is Serious Sam. When I am in the mood for some racing I pop in MotoGP and jump on live. I have beat Silent Hill2 but I still go back to it every now and then. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey is always a fun game to pop in. I've been playing a good bit of Dead to Rights lately but I end up getting frustrated at the difficulty and throwing my controller a hundred times. It is still a great game though. When I do play Halo I grab my wife's laptop and run downstairs with her wireless NIC. I sit on the couch in front of my HDTV and use XBConnect to find a game and play Halo online for free. When I am in the mood for a great RPG I throw in Morrowind which also looks spectacular on HDTV (and which no other system could handle due to the lack of a harddrive btw.) That game is one of the best games ever and is one of the reasons I bought the XBox (and Silent Hill2)... not Halo.

The XBox has no shortage of great games. Those are just a few. I own 20 games for the system (this does not include games that I did not enjoy and sold.) I was eyeballing Brute Force yesterday and wanted to pick it up bad... but my wife gave me "the look" and I backed off. I will be buying that soon though. For now... I think I will go play Blood Omen2. That is another great game.

Hey T-Bird, is Mech Warrior more like IS2?

I picked up Mech Assault thinking it was a first-person.

Don't get me wrong, MA is a great game, but I think IS has it beat in game play.

I play Xbox (sold my PS2 after I got it).

Dreamcast is my #2 - which in my opinion is as a good of a system as Cube or PS2.

I also have N64 and 3DO, but would rather play my Jag over those systems - 10 years later and holding a strong #3!

Hey T-Bird, is Mech Warrior more like IS2?  

I picked up Mech Assault thinking it was a first-person.

Don't get me wrong, MA is a great game, but I think IS has it beat in game play.

I play Xbox (sold my PS2 after I got it).

Dreamcast is my #2 - which in my opinion is as a good of a system as Cube or PS2.

I also have N64 and 3DO, but would rather play my Jag over those systems - 10 years later and holding a strong #3!

It's a little bit like Iron Soldier, in that it does have some similar types of missions and objectives. The main difference is that the main enemies are not the planes and helos and trucks. The main enemies are driving other mechs.

Overall, it's got a really different look and feel than the IS series.

The game has some amazingly cool explosions, too.

If you go online there's some cool online game variations like captire-the-flag and last-man-standing. Loads of fun!

Speaking of Xbox, does anybody here have one of the special edition green Xbox's signed by Bill Gates? Here's one if you haven't seen ithttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20387

Looks cool!

Ended early 'due to an error in the listing'. Did this break some obscure eBay rule? I thought you could sell stuff like this...

Stone

Hey, I won't list all my consoles, that's to much crap. The most recent console I play the most of is X-Box. It's got a lot of great games. And the hard disc helps on loading and making huge worlds etc.

A few of my favorite games on it are Halo (natch, anybody that has the system most likely has this) Mech Assult, Munch's Oddysey, Project Gotham, Dead or Alive 3, TonyHawk 2, Need for Speed Hot Persuit 2. (with the exception of tony hawk, cause I didn't like 3 or 4 as much, I'll buy an sequel that comes out for all these games too)

Sure, there's not a load of exclusive games on it, though more than half of my games on it are exclusives. And the controllers are awesome. Sure, a lot of people diss them, but they probably don't have them. Everybody I know of in person is like me, they thought they looked sucky at first, but they're ergonomicle and once you play with them, the other consoles controllers feel like cheap toys.

The worst thing about playing games on xbox live is the LOSERS who QUIT a game like nhl 2k3 when they are losing so their precious records stay intact, that really pisses me off :x :x . Its by far worse than losing and I really hate those dumb sh!ts. If your playing losers like WildFan or someone like that dont bother to play if you are gonna win cause you wont. Other than that though xbox is a really good system, i play that more than my other systems for sure. Although i do have a few jag games coming so that will divert my attention for a little while or until my next game of hockey or some other game.

I like my xbox, and some the games are great. Even though it doesn't have alot of exclusive games, it still has the best version of splinter cell. Microsoft also aqired RARE, so that should give it a good start, too bad the perfect dark game will be cartoonish. Anyhow, with true crime streets of LA, halo 2, brute force, painkillers, the suffering, and many more coming out, you couldn't possibly sell your xbox now. BTW, the xbox has a better controller than an atari 5200.

How was the Xbox->PC recompilation project coming along? I know they managed to make a valid .exe file out of the Xbox format, and then got hung up on the environment variables, but then I heard nothing for ages (this was about the middle of last year). Any news? Or did Microsoft do their ton-of-bricks impression? :D

Stone

The worst thing about playing games on xbox live is the LOSERS who QUIT a game like nhl 2k3 when they are losing so their precious records stay intact, that really pisses me off :x  :x . Its by far worse than losing and I really hate those dumb sh!ts. If your playing losers like WildFan or someone like that dont bother to play if you are gonna win cause you wont. Other than that though xbox is a really good system, i play that more than my other systems for sure. Although i do have a few jag games coming so that will divert my attention for a little while or until my next game of hockey or some other game.

I think they are going to be modifying the stats pages so that they show how many times a person quits or disconnects from a game. This is a problem in all online games, but this solution seems logical. It would be really cool if they took it one step further and indicated if the person was losing when they quit!

Archived