IGNORED

GameStop Store Visits Will Now Take Longer...

MotoRacer

Then what they need to do is use an old digital camera or even an older cell phone that doesn't have a sim card in it, they only use for taking temp pics withs for stuff like this.

That would mean GameStop would spend money on equipment. I doubt they'd ever do that. Most retail chains do anything they can to not spent any money at the store level.

• Like 1

Then what they need to do is use an old digital camera or even an older cell phone that doesn't have a sim card in it, they only use for taking temp pics withs for stuff like this.

That would never work as people would end up using their modern phone and NOTHING is more upsetting as a customer when the clerk , bartender or waiter/waitress is yapping or typing on their phone.

I have walked out of a few places (retail, restaurants, bars) telling the manger it is unacceptable to allow employees to use personal cell phones. One manager even threatened to call the cops as I ordered food and was completely disgusted as I could physically see my food getting cold on the counter while the waitress was busy typing on her phone for about five minutes. I even interrupted her and asked nicely if I could have my food.. just a minute or so into her chat. When I got my food over 5 minutes later ..seriously I started timing it after a minute or so..I did not touch it and just got up and left and told the waitress she can pay for it. The manager chased me out to my car and I said go ahead call the cops as I'm not paying for cold food because your waitress is too busy typing on her phone. He just cursed at me and I never went back.

The really funny part is the restaurant closed about a month later. I read on local digital newspaper the restaurant was being sued for discrimination by a transgender waitress/waiter.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

The really funny part is the restaurant closed about a month later. I read on local digital newspaper the restaurant was being sued for discrimination by a transgender waitress/waiter.

Probably because the manager got on her/him after you left and she/he claimed it was discrimination because she/he is transgendered, lol.

• Like 2

I for one do not like how they don't care about employee's appearances now like they used to(probably for fear of getting sued for discrimination). When I worked fast food long ago we had to shave our beard, keep our nails short, no nose rings, etc. Now they don't seem to care.

• Like 2

Probably because the manager got on her/him after you left and she/he claimed it was discrimination because she/he is transgendered, lol.

Oh definitely a different server. I know exactly who the transgender server was as I have been to that restaurant a few times before. It's very obvious who the transgender server was. Even my 5 year old at the time asked if that server was a girl or boy as even he notice voice did not match the appearance. I responded I'm not sure that person knows. My wife was pissed at me for saying that as she needed a big boy "discussion" with our son about it.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

Gamestop's recent move towards toys and other trinkets reeks of desperation, and the stores are a cluttered mess because of it. And their stuff is usually marked up, so they're not even competing on price.

Edited by XEGS
  • Like 3

Gamestop's recent move towards toys and other trinkets reeks of desperation, and the stores are a cluttered mess because of it. And their stuff is usually marked up, so they're not even competing on price.

Wouldn't be as bad if they rented bigger space than they do. Blockbuster video had about 3 times the space(or at least the one near me before it closed), was plenty of room to walk around and browse thru movies and not be on top of everyone.

Wouldn't be as bad if they rented bigger space than they do. Blockbuster video had about 3 times the space(or at least the one near me before it closed), was plenty of room to walk around and browse thru movies and not be on top of everyone.

The bigger the space, the more expensive rent is. Also, Blockbuster is mostly defunct, heh.

..until items go on clearance. Just last week the clearance table at the local GameStop had about 20 of these tacky Christmas stormtrooper sweaters for $2. I got one to wear for the yearly tacky Christmas sweater day at work! It was marked $34.99 retail. Who the hell would pay that ?

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/jackets/holiday-sweater-star-wars-new-order-stormtrooper-red-sweater-medium/152328

154256b.jpg

I'm actually hoping GameStop closes all their stores and so I can buy up all the used 3DS games for pennies on the dollar.

Edited by thetick1

If only GameStop had something I wanted or needed.. The old software stores of yore had more stuff than I could afford! GameStop? Pffftthhhhhtttt!

This is the main reason I don't go to Gamestop, or at least, why it doesn't appeal to me. The selection is so limited for what should be a specialty shop. They sell basically the same games I can get at Best Buy or Target. The used games expand the selection slightly, but not much. A used game store should be able to offer me a huge variety of new and OOP titles, but GS doesn't. They claim lack of space, but I claim lack of interest.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have long ago stopped shopping at places that keep electronics in a literal CAGE and make me wait in line for the privilege of spending my money on them. Somehow, having the person in brown shorts from the brown truck dropping a package on my doorstep is infinitely more appealing. Why is that?

• Like 2

Yeah, I have long ago stopped shopping at places that keep electronics in a literal CAGE and make me wait in line for the privilege of spending my money on them. Somehow, having the person in brown shorts from the brown truck dropping a package on my doorstep is infinitely more appealing. Why is that?

The alternative requires pants. And pants ruin everything.

• Like 4

Depends who's delivering. Dealing with my USPS driver has been more frustrating at times than any GameStop purchase. I've had packages delivered to the wrong address, package that could easily been put into my LOCKING mail box sent back to the post office because I wasn't home (but months earlier, similar package from same seller WAS delivered. Same postage and everyting :? ) , then have to drive over there and wait 30 mins to pick up a small bubble mailer. :mad:

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 3

Flojo, that thread highlights other issues. It seems they don't even have a damned dress code that's uniform across the country. When the foundation is weak, everything built upon it crumbles. I really can't wait to see the place crash and burn. Maybe then mom and pops will start to dot the map more than they do.

• Like 1