IGNORED

GameStop Store Visits Will Now Take Longer...

MotoRacer

I'm becoming a more and more a supporter of online purchasing. I've always done mail order since I was a kid. Though the "fear" of paying and not getting began dissipating sometime between 1985 and 1995.

Prior to 1985 I was always concerned that I would pay for something and never get it. Mail order was scary! Post 1995 I never thought twice (or even once) about it. Don't know what, or if there was, any once experience in the intervening decade that changed my mind.

Well there was that whole "allow 4-6 weeks for handling" that was common in the 70s and 80s :)

Weird. I went this week and got an Xbox to replace one stolen last year, dude just went in the back and got one and scanned it in the computer. None of the look it up, get a UPC crap.

Now I can play portal again :D

Edit, forgot to say it was in a mall, the added security could have something to do with it.

Edited by Video
  • Like 1

I'd assume the added security is a local/regional decision.

I asked someone at the GameStop I check out here and there. (Namely for a good deal / steals. Despite everybody's hate, you can find some decent stuff during a Buy *, Get * sale.) They knew most of the items I brought up when I asked them.

I think it's meant to be a fully implemented thing, but they only get in trouble if they get caught... So many people probably throw caution to the wind as it's unlikely to be caught immediately (if ever).

Funny enough, the core problem for all of this seems to just be they should have a minimum of 2 people always. The second person should just be behind the counter always and not leave for any reason. This and their drawers full of games should have always been locked and keys always on hand... No real excuse for that one.

• Like 1