IGNORED

JagFest-UK Prize Donations

Tyrant

JagFest-UK needs your help.

There are a number of tournaments and competetions planned, but as yet, only 3 people have donated items to be given away as prizes for them. Nick Harlow is running the prize pool, but we need you to give us your stuff. It dosnt have to be expensive or rare items, just anything you think your fellow Jag fans would like to win.

Please dont reply in this thread about what your offering (keep it a surprise on the day), but instead email Nick Harlow and let him know what you can offer up into the prize pool.

i had a problem some months ago. i could not get a jaguar, the only thing i had was 35 euros.

someone (i wont name you stone :P) gave me the site of nick harlow. ok. i saw the jaguar base unit there, for some price. and the total price was 35 euros. (i think)

so i emailed nick etc. it seemed ok. i went to my local post office. pay the money trough western union (since i didnt and still dont have paypal). called nick and gave him the code.

he said he was going to goto the post western union saturday.ok, i tought..saturday.....satuurrrdaayy.... :(...it was monday when i called him.

anyhow, saturday or sunday. he said there wasnt any money there.

funny. since the money transfer takes 15 minutes from all over the world....

we even spelled the code a couple of times....

after a month now. still no jaguar. and i dont think i will see it ever again too. anyhow if you want to lose money.....never mind. this will result in another war

Wow that really sucks. I dont know him well, but 16/32 systems (his company) has been arround forever and a day, and in my mind totally trustworthy. Have you tried talking to western union themselves to see if the money was withdrawn, when and where and by whome? I've never used the system myself, but I dont think its terribly secure.

Of course its possible Nick Harlow is a crook and out to steal from the world, but somehow I very much doubt it, more likely I think you were the victim of one of the employees at one end or other of your transfer. Still, no need for anyone to get angry about it, except of course for you to get angry at western union and perhaps at Nick Harlow, but that need not turn into a flame war in what is otherwise a simple thread, asking for donations for prizes for the JagFest UK.

i wont buy anything from nick anymore. thats one for sure. nor if he was offering me some alpina boards for a very reasonable price.

OK lets clear this one up straight away :x

1) I asked you not to pay via Western Union as my nearest branch is 50 miles from where I work., for 2 reasons it's expensive for you and I cannot get to it easily... I suggested a cheq in Euros as the safest method, or Paypal. You pleaded poverty but I notice you seem to have purchased other things since then and even asked about Paypal which I originally suggested

2) I said I would try and get to the Western Union branch for Sat, I did .. they had no record. I left.

3) After you contacted me again I had a day off work and went to the office again, I was there for 3 hours whilst they chased your payment. Eventually I received and sent the unit around a week ago.. check the post date when you rcv it. As I explained when you were unwilling to chase the payment at your end IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO CHASE PAYMENT, either you send it in a acceptable way to me or forget it.

4) If anybody would like to see the Full EMAIL history of this event please ask and I will send it to them, including your emails.

I don't normally respond to criticism, but I refuse to bear the blame for someone else who won't listen or understand. So for future notice I DO NOT ACCEPT WESTERN UNION... why becase I CANNOT GET THERE IN THIER OPENING HOURS

As for selling you a Alpine, no way on gods little earth would I sell to you.... :x

you have received the money?

:D wow! if so. then i want to buy more from you!.

as far as the check concern. i am 17 years old. i cant get my hands on a check at this age

Well I think it´s only fair that Nick answers on such accusations....

I wouldn´t leave it like that too if it were me.

Why should I let somebody destroy my good reputation just because he is ignorant....?

Well as far as the cheque thing goes, I don´t have a clue but i know that I always asked my parents when i was smaller so I never had a problem with anything concerning the bank

Peter

OI also think that its fair to allow Nick to answer any such accusations.

And I also want to say, that I too have never had any problems with Nick. I've always found him to be reliable and completely fair and i wouldn't hesitate to do ANY further business with him at any time.

Good on ya, Nick

as far as the check concern. i am 17 years old. i cant get my hands on a check at this age

I believe you can go to any bank and ask them to give you a check and you pay them for it.

Or you can go to a branch of your bank and get them to write a cheque out directly from your account. Always worked for me, at least when buying stuff in the UK...buying $ cheques is stupidly expensive, and you get shafted on the exchange rate :x

Cash for me :)

And I've dealt with Nick a couple of times and always found him very fast and helpful - no problems here. At all.

Stone

Guys, guys, please, dont lets ruin another thread with a flamewar...

/me cries.

I agree with Peterghia. It's totally wrong to say that Nick cannot respond to these ignorant accusations here. Dragonforce obviously posted maliciously with his complaints in public, and Nick has a right to respond in public to prevent damage from his reputation.

Oh I wasnt at all saying he shouldnt defend himself from acusations of basically being a theif, I was just a little worried about the implication that Dragonforce is a liar about not being able to get a cheque.

Anyways, I was tired, I'd just watched another thread go up in flames, and I was fearful this one would burn too. My apolagies if I over-reacted.

But has anyone contacted Nick Harlow with donations for the prizes? There are lots of events running and it'd be nice if we could have first second and third prizes for each of them, besides of course the shere pride of being uberificus.

Guys, guys, please, dont lets ruin another thread with a flamewar...

/me cries.

I agree with Peterghia. It's totally wrong to say that Nick cannot respond to these ignorant accusations here. Dragonforce obviously posted maliciously with his complaints in public, and Nick has a right to respond in public to prevent damage from his reputation.

i never said he could not do that. he is free to do that

Well I think it´s only fair that Nick answers on such accusations....

I wouldn´t leave it like that too if it were me.

Why should I let somebody destroy my good reputation just because he is ignorant....?

Well as far as the cheque thing goes, I don´t have a clue but i know that I always asked my parents when i was smaller so I never had a problem with anything concerning the bank

Peter

oh really?

first of all. i cant get money on my paypal account. because everything is in english and my english isnt so good.

and you dont think i am going to ask my parents for a cheque do you? they wont give me one.

i am sorry to hear that nick had to wait 3 hours. but what can i do about it? i lost the damn western union papers. i asked people in the netherlands how i can put money on my paypal account. but nobody seems to know how.

and i dont have a credit card either

if youre so smart. give me another good reason how i can send money. without the above options.

i asked some people how old you had to be to use cheques and having a credit card and they said 18 years old. i tried to search it for you as a proof on the internet. but nothing found.

unless you want to talk with them. ask me.

Im just tring to help you out here!

You can ask your parents to make out a cheque and send the cheque off for you or do like I did when I was your age use money orders!

about the check. read above.

money orders?

You can ask your parents to make out a cheque and send the cheque off for you or do like I did when I was your age use money orders!

money orders?

A money order is when you go into a bank and order them to give you money. You have to wear a mask of some sort, or they won't take you seriously.

money orders?

A money order is when you go into a bank and order them to give you money. You have to wear a mask of some sort, or they won't take you seriously.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: my stomach...it hurts :lol: :lol:

Archived