IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

8 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

Stupid question: Did you verify that the files on your SD card have not been damaged for whatever reason?

Good point.

Tested it and:

This is the Amarok Snowman file I copied to the SD card opened in Atari800MacX

image.thumb.jpeg.79b9632557d3f0804fca03ed5fd9d620.jpeg

Plus, I had most of the files on that card on there for almost two years, and they all seem to have worked before.

The three files you see now is after a reformat.

Edited by Steril707
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Steril707 said:

okay, will do... :)

add/edit:

here we go...

image.thumb.jpeg.deb97b14322db004f7a0ff3ec9df7747.jpeg

that looks ok, did you do anything before it stopped working? (unplug/plug pbi cable or something, if not, try to unplug it from pbi port and plug again in case there's some bad connection somewhere)

you can also try some game that should run on 16kB, e.g. https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=7770 (if it doesn't run, try also with pbi cable unplugged from cart)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tmp said:

that looks ok, did you do anything before it stopped working? (unplug/plug pbi cable or something, if not, try to unplug it from pbi port and plug again in case there's some bad connection somewhere)

I didn't do anything specific. I had the cart stored not being plugged in while I had the 600XL in my sideboard. Reconnected everything yesterday, and noticed those problems...

23 minutes ago, tmp said:

you can also try some game that should run on 16kB, e.g. https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=7770 (if it doesn't run, try also with pbi cable unplugged from cart)

This game runs!

With and without the cables connected to the cart...

Edited by Steril707

8 hours ago, DjayBee said:

Put SimCheck onto your SD and try to boot it. If it succeeds, it should show you the actual RAM size etc.

The first post always contains the latest version.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/333084-swutils-simcheck-simtest-osdump/

ideally with extmem enabled although i'm not sure if it could detect a weird combo of 16kB+extmem (altirra doesn't seem to allow to choose such config so i can't check)

from what i've seen so far, it looks like cart is unable to expand your 600xl to 64kB anymore, it's just not possible to say whether it's faulty pbi cable, cart or your machine (cart seems to be properly detecting 16kB 600xl and pbi cable)

if you're able to test the cart and pbi cable on your friend's 800xl, it would provide more info (proper test would be running something that requires extra memory (320, 576) and running simcheck/sysinfo to confirm it's seeing the extra memory)

the other option would be sending cart and pbi cable to me so i can test it

• Like 2