IGNORED

original mattel football versions

I have an original 1970s Mattel Football and it doesn't have an AC plug on the side. When did the version with the AC plug come out? I also have the 2001 rerelease and the Bridge Direct reissue version with all the other recent reissues including Hockey which I just got. How many versions of the original were made. I have all the Bridge Direct reissues and just got hockey a couple days ago. Too bad real hockey games don't have double digit score cause their too busy trying to kill each other.

post-47844-0-01504800-1524974249_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-54215400-1524974267_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-05675800-1524974287_thumb.jpg

I think it was the originals that had the plug for an ac adapter. They removed them to save money. My hockey didn't but my football and auto race did.

I might be wrong, the original should be labelled Football not Football 1.

Edit:

According to handheldmuseum.com it was the earlier editions that had the ac adapter jack.

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/FB.htm

Edited by mr_me

One difference I know of is that there was a version with a "line" for the players on the field (like in Football II), and a version with just "dots" for players (like in Baseball). My best friend got the lines version when the game was first released, a year later when I got one and it was the dots version.

• 6 years later...

Does anyone happen to know what ac adapter plug works on these games?  I’ve purchased a few multi adapter plugs off Amazon and none of them have an attachment that actually fits into the adapter slot on the sides of the games. I also don’t want to fry the boards by using an incorrect one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.