IGNORED

Pre-Crash Fight Stick keypad button mapping

I was wondering what gams on the INTV, CV, and 5200 are fast action enough and use a keypad button where it would be wise to map from 1-4 special buttons on a 9-button fight stick. 5200 has 2 buttons, INTV has 3, CV has at most 4. The one I know is Mouse trap for CV and INTV, where the index button is dog, and the other 3 buttons can be the 3 doors. Defender might need it for simultaneous fire, smart bomb, and hyperspace. And other major ones that would be handy to have 4 action buttons and 4 other keypad buttons in GAMEPLAY (not menu selection). I also have and extra button for 5200 pause/CV Star for pausing.

Any other games that need quick access to an extra button? If so, which buttons? I need to know to see if there are common mapping patterns that work well for the purposes of button and pin mapping. I know a Jaguar uses 1,3,4,5 and 6 for L R Z Y and X. So you don't have to ruin a pro controller to have a fight stick.

Also I'm using a 9-pin or 15 pin Y adapter for plugging a keypad simultaneously into my fight stick, so I don't need access to every key to be mapped to a button.

I have the most experience with the Colecovision, the left action (or top on Super action) button was usually considered the main and should be mapped to the index finger, unless you have a game like Tutankham, where left means left and right means right.

Atari 6200 is truly ambidextrous and symmetric with both buttons being on both sides. Is the bottom or top considered the main button for the purposes of rapid firing?

How about the INTV? (I suspect it's the top button because it's accessed by your index finger for both hands) Also is the left or right bottom button considered button 2, with the remaining button 3, (except for the Tutankham case).

I suspect the 7800 the left button is the main button if there is a difference, based on what I know about One On One,

Is this a general consensus? I'm trying to decide what maps to what as a default left hand setting.

Of course I'm not married to one arrangement, as I'm going to program some flexibility in my fight stick..