IGNORED

Altirra 3.0 Mac Wine Port

Fletch

I guess I'm missing something. Got the file from post #15, copied it to Applications.

Started, a little popup said Wine had to update which disappeared and that was it.

Now pretty much nothing happens.

I'm having the same issue as Subby. On High Sierra 10.13.6.

-Kevin

Sorry to read this. I have just tested it on Sierra. The main goal was to not have a need to install Wine in the applications folder. Just a double-click Mac version. MacOS 10.14 Mojave is out, too. Therefore I suggest, you download the .img file from:

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

and install: "Wine.app" and "WineBottler.app" in the applications folder. If it works, bingo. If not, It seems the rights to the folder Altirra have to be altered to 777. Please see further, my fresh site:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Altirra

@Kevin: can offer you a solution like TURBAN?

We will gonna make it, that is for sure.

Edited by luckybuck

you can just as easily 'brew install wine' (as long as you have homebrew installed, if not, why not, it's essential, go get it https://brew.sh)then download altirra and put it where you'd like, open a terminal window and cd to the same folder and type "wine altirra.exe"

if you really need an icon to click it takes a few seconds to make an automator action to do that and you can just update altirra when ever you like, as long as its in the same folder the action will work.

I can make one if anyone really needs the help?

Thanks Mr Robot, yes I know, but there are many users, who won't like to install Wine. Wine offers the option to make this, please see the picture in the Wiki from my post #28. Obviously, without "Wine.app" and "WineBottler.app" in the applications folder this won't work. So, if you have a solution, which maintains a 64-bit version of Altirra for High Sierra and Mojave, you are extremely wecome. Sure, we then can offer this file in 7z format here. Would be of great help. Thank you in advance.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm missing something. Got the file from post #15, copied it to Applications.

Started, a little popup said Wine had to update which disappeared and that was it.

Now pretty much nothing happens.

I just got a new Mac and have the same issue. I managed to get it to work on my old Mac without any issue. Did you ever figure it out? I'm on 10.14.

Maybe after a second read I have to have Wine installed as well? I'd rather have a bottled solution like Pete originally posted. Disk space is cheap.

Hi together,

That is really sad. :-(

Just have looked at the original site:

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

but there is no version for Mojave yet.

The only thing I would try is to install Wine complete from the source above along with the picture of setting in post #15 and hope, it will work. Sadly, I am not on Mojave and therefore can test it earliest in April at the next meeting. :-(

Maybe we get a new version of Wine in the next months?

All the best.

Thank you so much! Great! I don't know, whether you have a normal dropbox or a paid one, anyway, if your traffic is > 10 GB/day they shut you down for a while. A bright guy from AA found out, if you 7z the file, it should be < 50 MB and therefore can be offered here. I am on cable and just got 220 KB/s while downloading. And we really need the exchange cloud for the secret programs... ;-)

And here is Altirra 3.1 for Mojave:

Thanks a lot! Not only the newest version but as if by magic, screenshots work again for me (did not work in the last version for some reason). Makes HSC a lot easier :thumbsup:

Now if someone could make it use the Apple file select dialogue.....