IGNORED

EGM's a bunch of jerks!

Ze_ro

I am not sure if it was EGM or Gamepro I was thinking of. I get those two confused. It's been a couple years. Which magazine was 75% advertisements? I don't think Gamefan stuck with the Jag very long at all. Hell, they were pretty much barefaced liars at the end there.  I thought VideoGames and Next Generation were the only mags to give the Jag a fair shake.

lol, what the heck are you talking about? Gamefan was probably the only mag that ever supported the Jag for a long period of time. I know this because I read it cover to cover for years. They also were the least biased toward any systems imo because they always gave every system a fair shake including underdogs such as the Jag, 3DO, Saturn, PC-FX, Virtual Boy, NGPC etc... Of course they complained about things like not enough Jag games coming out but that's not biased it's just facts. They gave the deserved praise to some Jag games released even as it was on it's death bed so to speak including Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Battlemorph, Battlesphere and Hyperforce, and even the Jamma arcade stick! They always had way less advertisements than the other mags, way better paper, and WAY better editorials and screenshots. There reviews were way more honest than the rest of the industry which probably led to their demise. They had three reviewers for every game and many times you would see vastly different opinions on even high profile games such as FF8. Whereas EGM reviewers seem to have a roundtable discussion when they review games lol, like 90% of the games reviewed are all reviewed by the 3 reviewers within 1 point in alot of cases (i.e. 10 9.0 9.5) Anyway, as you can see Gamefan was my favorite mag and I was sad to see it go, I just don't understand why you think they were "barefaced liars" in the end? Please explain?

I meant 'at the end there' referring to the Jag's life, not the publications life. Take for instance their review of NBA Jam for the Jag. That was a barefaced lie. Although I can't remember specifics, the review said it was worse than the SNES version. At that point, I put the mag back on the shelf and walked away. Also their catering to the Playstation, such as Rayman for the Jag and PSX. One of them said "The Playstation version is, of course, superior in every way to the Jaguar version." One of the Rayman PSX previews said the game had voices and singing in it. Something I never heard in the PSX version. Although I used Gamefan as an example, they were nowhere near the worst. I believe that honor is reserved for EGM. Or Gamepro. Still get them two confused.

Well, I have that issue you are talking about and yes one of the reviewers sis state that NBA Jam is comparable to the SNES or something along those lines. I've never played either version so I can't judge that, but I remember one or both of the other reviewers gave it fairly decent scores. And Rayman on the PS has slightly better sounds than the Jag but graphically they are so close it's hard to tell a difference, and they did praise Rayman for the Jag. Anyway, I must say most of the mags today are just trash, page after page of ads and they are focusing more and more on mainstream games.

someone ever heard of "enter" ? there is a enter button on youre keyboard :D

What in the world are you talking about?

this was not directed to you. but to all. can you read all that text without a line of space?

Isn't a 10 page quote followed by one line annoying?

shut up treehugger :x

Archived