IGNORED

HSC15 Round 15: Alley Cat and some Llamas!

Wow! That is amazing. Perhaps there is more than one way to skin a cat after all. And by that I don't mean Alley Cat.

Edit: Ok, at least I increased my score on ML to 122527 pts which is less than 5000 pts from my personal best.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Smaller improvement on Alley Cat 13-1817 had some quick smooches but lost 3 lives in rapid succession from the window objects on Alley Cat level. By the way sometimes you can complete the dog bowl screen even though the dog gets you on the last bowl! Didn't see if it took a life but I guess not as it gave the bonus :)

It's time for the...

first tables

Alley Cat

1st McKong 064-2052 14pts* (#7)
2nd therealbountybob 013-1817 11pts
3rd Deteacher 006-5371 10pts
4th Sikor 003-2325 9pts
5th carlsson 003-0476 8pts
6th youxia 002-5000 7pts
7th jblenkle 001-9458 6pts
8th slx 001-4522 5pts
9th RedThunder 000-6642 4pts
bonus points:

*beat HSC record

(#) highest number of completions/kisses :grin:

Metagalactic Llamas: Battle at the edge of Time
1st therealbountybob 167,605 6pts
2nd carlsson 122,527 5pts
3rd McKong 66,793 4pts
4th slx 18,412 3pts
5th Deteacher 17,475 2pts
6th RedThunder 6,527 1pt

I think just about everyone has voted but if not please do so and then we can start the final poll next week :)

• Like 2

I'll accept being defeated, but at least I increased my personal best.

Edit: On the second game, I had such a flow and lost the first life at 116K. Unfortunately I got sloppy and just reached 145K in total.

Metagalactic Llamas - 135686 pts 145343 pts

post-5454-0-91434800-1535054197.jpg

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Alas! :)

Alley Cat: 014-3922 (or 007-7717)

Meta Llama: 29450

Disclaimer: I've redefined the control scheme in AC replacing UP (on my gamepad's stick) with one of the buttons. Not sure if this counts as a "tampering", if yes then disregard my first score and use the one in brackets.

So I was trapped in the Arcade HSC for half of this round, completely addicted to Time Pilot. But also put off a bit by AC's diffculty curve. My word...I can't think of any other game which I would equally love/hate. It's cute, innovative & hilarious but also controller-hurlingly infuriating. I still don't quite understand how jumping works.... The present delivery stages drove me to despair, only managed to complete the three by some sheer luck alignment. I once failed despite having FIVE presents to drop for other cats. Madness :)

After the 3rd present stage the things go just way too wild for me so I don't think I can improve that score. You guys operate on some different Mhz frequency to manage these scores, especially the 300K :D

Still, glad I finally played the AC properly...great stuff. If the jumping wasn't so wildly unpredictable it'd be even better. Also, what's that minigame where you have to sip milk from bowls all about? Couldn't figure it out.

LLamas are an interesting curio, but somehow I can't wrap my mind around this to compete with the top scores here.

IMG_20180822_210037.jpg

IMG_20180824_211437.jpg

• Like 2

Alas! :)

Alley Cat: 014-3922 (or 007-7717)

Meta Llama: 29450

Disclaimer: I've redefined the control scheme in AC replacing UP (on my gamepad's stick) with one of the buttons. Not sure if this counts as a "tampering", if yes then disregard my first score and use the one in brackets.

So I was trapped in the Arcade HSC for half of this round, completely addicted to Time Pilot. But also put off a bit by AC's diffculty curve. My word...I can't think of any other game which I would equally love/hate. It's cute, innovative & hilarious but also controller-hurlingly infuriating. I still don't quite understand how jumping works.... The present delivery stages drove me to despair, only managed to complete the three by some sheer luck alignment. I once failed despite having FIVE presents to drop for other cats. Madness :)

After the 3rd present stage the things go just way too wild for me so I don't think I can improve that score. You guys operate on some different Mhz frequency to manage these scores, especially the 300K :D

Still, glad I finally played the AC properly...great stuff. If the jumping wasn't so wildly unpredictable it'd be even better. Also, what's that minigame where you have to sip milk from bowls all about? Couldn't figure it out.

LLamas are an interesting curio, but somehow I can't wrap my mind around this to compete with the top scores here.

Control tweak is fine you need to use the diagonals a lot in this game to get anywhere, in fact on most screens it's nearly all diagonals :thumbsup:

Llamas - my method keep the bar up, keep firing, break webs, take out spiders on way down by walking towards their path in stages, if they land "poop on them shuffle". Carlsson has keep the bar down method!

Alley Cat - Dog Bowls, just keep fire held, cat will go to nearst bowl on line you are on and drink. Presents, get one go to right wait for cats to come over, leggit left and big jump up, try and get up straight away if, otherwise drop present on a long row of hearts somewhere in the middle and try and get there again. You can often jump from 2 rows below the gf to reach her. McKong probably has more beans to spill on this game :P

This round and the Round 16 POLL close 10am UK time tomorrow (Sunday) 5pm EST

• Like 1

Congratulations to Top Cat McKong for another impressive score on the classic Alley Cat which really holds up well for playability.

The bonus game Metagalactic Llamas was a purrfect companion and made this a good round. I just held off carlsson for the win :grin: The game despite it's simplicity does have a good skill factor in trying to move towards the spiders as they fall, level speeds ramp up nicely too. Really needs a pause key, the gap between levels is hardly time to slurp my tea, let alone nibble a biscuit (if you're reading this Heaven ;) Select just seemed to make a strange noise so I think this is a quick one)

Thanks for playing everyone, now let's see what we can do with the next round :cool:

final tables

Alley Cat

1st McKong 064-2052 14pts* (#7)
2nd therealbountybob 016-8681 11pts
3rd Sikor 016-0561 10pts
4th youxia 014-3922 9pts
5th Deteacher 013-9539 8pts
6th carlsson 003-0476 7pts
7th jblenkle 001-9458 6pts
8th slx 001-4522 5pts
9th RedThunder 000-6642 4pts
bonus points: