IGNORED

Anyone have an extra Incognito they will sell?

tschak909

Boy, this is a prettty difficult subject, even for those of use who own more than one Incognito board.

I actually bought two out of instinct... Once I installed it, it became clear how dependent and central to the system it would become. It literally elevates the 800 to the top of the hill, where it really belongs.... but if at any point in time, the lights go out on that Incognito, there goes your 800 too, because of HOW MUCH it enhances its functionality (I will NEVER go back to the OEM personality board).

Due to no NO supply (literally), these boards will run up to $200-$250 on e-Bay, and that is if you ever find one... That basically puts the combined value of my current 800 (Made-in-USA, in absolutely pristine condition + its hard to find carrying-case custom made for it) in about $450-$600, on e-Bay.

I do wonder how many folks out-there still want one of these special boards... All I can say is that Incognito + Atari 800 means savoring Atari... at is truly best!

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 4

Lotharek has the Incognito 2 in his "In Development" section but with no extra information given. Hopefully there will be some movement ahead on this project sometime soon. I am crossing my fingers that it will be compatible with the 400.

Lotharek has the Incognito 2 in his "In Development" section but with no extra information given. Hopefully there will be some movement ahead on this project sometime soon. I am crossing my fingers that it will be compatible with the 400.

The Incognito for the 800 uses the OS/personality card slot not present on the 400, the image Candle has posted shows this hasn't changed with the Incognito2: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259375-please-can-we-have-one-more-incognito-run/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3681011

A version for the 400 would use the RAM card slot.

Candle did start a thread about an Incognito like upgrade for the 400 in January 2013, but his last post in the thread was September 6 2013.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/207429-atari-400-incognito-like-upgrade

• Like 2