IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

$20 seems good to me. I realize there's a solid value at $50, but from what I've heard, this thing needs to be a no-loss proposition for me.

I could not agree more with that statement. Sony did enough damage. The PS1 is the one system of theirs I still actually care for and about enough to use and have a selection of games for. I wanted a lot for this, and got a kick in the teeth and a slap for it too between the broke emulator and poor game selection. At $20 I'd be all in, yet $50 would even be fair at best for it as it stands. I'll be watching for the bottom to drop out when retailers really get desperate for space, that and the bleemsync update making it so easy it is on hakchi levels of awesomeness to use.

• Like 1

https://modmyclassic.com/bleemsync/

Sounds like a lot of the update is for better file transfer, boot speed, game saving, GUI, format to xFAT (from FAT32), and other theme/splash options.

OTG support coming in 1.1, which is nice to hear. This basically lets you use an OTG adapter to plug your USB data and power into the back micro jack on the classic. This is what you can do with NES/SNES currently. People had suggested this wasn't possible, hardware wise, but sounds like that isn't the case. 1.1 is also supposed to have folder structure, UI, and 3D effects options.

PS: If you were wondering like me when DualShock controllers would work, I believe they already do in Retroarch.

Edited by Greg2600

I'm looking forward to this.. although it sounds like they ran into a few snags since it will not have everything they originally were shooting for. But then the coder did have the flu for a short period as well. I can empathize with that one. :lol:

I've been spending A LOT of time tinkering around with retroarch. Although it may be a bit feature heavy (read cumbersome). It really is rather nice and has come a long way. There are a few "quirks" to deal with and it does not exactly come with a manual. Also the Atari cores could use some love ( 7800 core is based on prosystem emulator which is dated ) and computer cores are a little harder to deal with ( some do not have any emulated keyboard ). I'm thinking once the OTG is working a USB keyboard might be able to be plugged in.

https://modmyclassic.com/bleemsync/

Sounds like a lot of the update is for better file transfer, boot speed, game saving, GUI, format to xFAT (from FAT32), and other theme/splash options.

OTG support coming in 1.1, which is nice to hear. This basically lets you use an OTG adapter to plug your USB data and power into the back micro jack on the classic. This is what you can do with NES/SNES currently. People had suggested this wasn't possible, hardware wise, but sounds like that isn't the case. 1.1 is also supposed to have folder structure, UI, and 3D effects options.

PS: If you were wondering like me when DualShock controllers would work, I believe they already do in Retroarch.

I've had mix results with this myself. I have two PS3 controllers ( one with the rumble [dual shock] and one without ). Only the one with dual shock works properly and I had to remap the Y axis on the second analog stick. I also have two PS4 controllers ( one came with the system and the other I purchased separately ). The one that came with the system works fine and, again, I had to remap the Y axis on the second analog stick for some reason. The other one does not respond at all, although it is recognized. Baffling to say the least. But once I got them working it's great! I've been tinkering around with Ape Escape and so far the speed is good.

• Like 1

I'm really wanting to bite the bullet on this retched stock console now if all goes well with the consumer response to bleemsync 1.0 and I guess 1.1 as well. I've got a few spaces bookmarked to snap up a few PS1 games to try, and I think they do have backups of the games I have too as it is. I really do want them not to fail and make this the best PS1 HD device it should have could have been and can be with proper effort.

It will come down to end user review though. I want to know the emulator runs smooth, no weird hang ups with stuff, it just runs as comfortably as like the hakchi wonders do for the Nintendo boxes. Sony struggled and still struggles to sell that dumb box so I don't think the price is going to hike back up due to after market tampering, but you never know. I should start keeping an eye out for a cheapo.

I'll just say that one thing I like for this over the SNESC and NESC is that it has actual USB connectors so there is no extra fiddling required to connect other type controllers. The included PSX controllers, although analog'less are of good quality. Eventually with BleemSync 1.1 it will be possible to use OTG. Keep in mind that the SNESC and NESC have been around for some time so Hakchi CE has had more time to develop.

It is only a matter of time before BleemSync reaches the same level. So all three systems have their Pro's / Con's. That is really all there is to it.

• Like 1

Does that mean this will enable the use of USB arcade sticks, Shannon? That's one thing I'm hoping for when I hack mine and install a ton of stuff like Raiden DX and the rare and expensive Toaplan shooter collection with arcade ports of Tiger Heli and Twin Cobra.

Just tried 1.0 and to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. Nothing near what they even remotely promised. It feels like one step forward and three steps back. Sure we get better FS support but a lot of good that is when you cannot use drives higher than 2.0 ( aka 32 gigabyte). The one thing they did do is make integration of the internal PS games with the ones you add a lot better and the games are actually sorted ( which was a headache in of itself).

But that is about it. The dual boot menu is still there but all of my retroarch setup got killed because they moved the location of retroarch. Then they replaced the current skin with some cheesy looking skin. None of the retroarch cores are included except for two ( mupen64 and pcsxreloaded). So now I have to sort through my current retroarch setup and see if I can get it to transfer correctly over to the new location. Hopefully removing that good awful interface skin they added. On top of that retroarch does not even recognized the PSC buttons like they claimed it would.. Huh?

Anywho... supposedly the fixed the PS3/PS4 autoconfig controller issues. I won't know for sure if that is the case until I get my original retroarch setup straightened out ( and no it is not as simple as you would think ). I had setup playlists, thumbnails and a bunch of other stuff. I think I should be able to do it fairly quickly. But I would recommend to anyone thinking of using this. Which the videos and see if it is at the point you think it should be. ( I don't ). It has nothing on Hackchi CE. The whole interface is through a web browser. I suppose they do that so it can be unix, mac, and windows compatible ( among other things ). So hurrah for Mac users!

I can power it from my PC and "install" PSX games.. whoopee... FTP and telnet seems active but they don't even discuss it on the release page. So I have no clue what the password is to get in. It would be nice to at least be able to FTP into the thing and copy stuff over like I do with Hackchi.

That being said.. It's only been a month... so I'll cut the guys some slack. But they really should not have released that initial list of "features" that really did not even make it into this release.

Edited by Shannon

Just an update.. luckily I was able to port over my retroarch work without too much difficulty. ( partially because I had only loaded games with the Mame2003_PLUS and Nintendo 64 playlists ). So only a little copy/paste was required. Also the retroarch.cfg paths are, thankfully, relative so no need fooking with them. I also replaced that godawful interface with the much nicer PSP style interface.

At least they covered that one in their FAQ

Q. I don’t like the new RetroArch theme.

A. Are you mad? Anyway, you can change it to monochome in the RetroArch display settings

And one other thing..

Q. Power botton is not working in RA.

A. It wasn’t working properly, so that functionality has been pulled out for now.

I also confirmed that they fixed the PS3 and PS4 controller issues (something I had already did myself). But in addition.. my 2nd PS4 controller now works properly. Whereas before it was not reading the right analog left/right movements. Original PS3 sixaxis however still does not function ( no biggy it was a Sony fluke anyways). :lol:

Edited by Shannon

Yeah you can set the controller types between standard, analog and dual shock. If you are using a controller that has rumble I also recommend turning rumble off unless you have a usb powered hub. Apparently activating the rumble overloads the front USB ports and disconnects the controller. :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah you can set the controller types between standard, analog and dual shock. If you are using a controller that has rumble I also recommend turning rumble off unless you have a usb powered hub. Apparently activating the rumble overloads the front USB ports and disconnects the controller. :lol:

Very interesting results, thanks. Stinks about the rumble though.