IGNORED

AGE and Survey

jaysmith2000

I think that depends on a number of factors. Is the game in question on CD or cart? What would the costs of a box/manual version or a standalone version be, respectively? I'd think that an option for both would be nice, although in order to do a release like that, you'd have to be able to gauge the interest of those who want a full boxed version or a standalone cart/CD. I'd probably get the full box/manual myself, although I can certainly understand that there are people who would want a cheaper standalone version.

The game would be CD, would require a bypass, but is complete, not an Alpha/Beta.  It is what I would classify as a VERY desireable title.  

Jason

A real game is always better when it's professionally packaged. It makes it more collectable and also makes it harder to pirate.

I think it would be cool just to make CD inserts for the cd jewl case. But nice docs would rule. I'm a gamer first and a collector second (due to being to poor to be a collector first) So it wouldn't really matter to me one way or the other.

The game would be CD, would require a bypass, but is complete, not an Alpha/Beta.  It is what I would classify as a VERY desireable title.  

Jason

In that case, I say go for the works. Even with the additional expenses of the box/manual/whatever else, it would most likely still be quite affordable to most Jag fans. Saying what you did about it now has me VERY intrigued. :D

10-20$ more - over what ;) would the price be like 30$ or are you talkin about 60-80$ ;)

for a cd game i wouldnt pay anything more than 70$

but since its for the jag, i may just find some room on my credit card ;)

For a CD game, my opinion is that it should ideally be on a pressed cd, rather than a burnt one (cdr), with the cd surface printed, rather than a paper label stuck to it. As for a box... the options really are jewel case with printed inserts or the lovely folding case Atari used, with or without the long outer box. If it was me releasing a game, especially one I'd worked on for a long time, I'd want to look at doing it with a full Atari style box, but I suspect that would be too expensive to be practical, and since things like space ace, dragons lair, etc, often come in just jewel cases, that seems fine to me, but if its not that much more expensive to get the nice card folding case made I'd prefer that, it just has that extra class to it.

@Thunderbird

"proffesional packaged games" (which game do you mean ?:D ) are most likely "sold out" or "out of production" :twisted:

I prefer availabilty and reasonable price over unaffordable eye teasers

Perhaps you'd like to spend all of your free time chasing down sources for obsolete EPROM chips?

Hello!

What i am wondering about is that many of you are asking for boxes looking like the original Atari boxes. I can understand that you want this for the outer appearance, but do you really want it for the inner part too?

Both Jaguar-game-box-types share the same problem:

If you leave the Card or the CD-"book" inside the box these will destroy the inlay over time.

Especially the CD-boxes are totally misdesigned: Did they try to fool the customer with bigger boxes surrounding just air?

Regards

Matthias

Theoretically I would go for a Space Ace style thing: jewel, Colour insert (best is colour booklet)

But the question remains: what is the game price?

Overall I would happily spend 50-70$ (and if I sould choose to leave out the box or add 20$ to this, well, I'd leave out the box)

Bye.

What i am wondering about is that many of you are asking for boxes looking like the original Atari boxes. I can understand that you want this for the outer appearance, but do you really want it for the inner part too?

If you leave the Card or the CD-"book" inside the box these will destroy the inlay over time.

Huh? I'd say that leaving the cart or CD OUT of the box would make it more easily damaged. The boxes protect the cart/CD, not harm it.

Especially the CD-boxes are totally misdesigned: Did they try to fool the customer with bigger boxes surrounding just air?

No. They protected the store from theft because a longbox does not easily fit in a pocket or handbag and therefore is harder to steal from the shelf.

I would prefer to pay an extra $10-$20.. although I am not sure i would go for 100% authentic atari style packaging, something more readily availible. Perhaps for carts use VHS tape boxes with an insert to hold the cart, they are cheap and more robust than the cardboard boxes. And for a CD game, use a DVD box, gives you more room for a nice manual and also protects the CD well, whilst fitting into current easily availible storage solutions well.

The atari boxes look nice, but thats an era gone by and they damage too easily. I really like the way PC games now come in a DVD box, they take up less room and look better.

Hello!

Huh? I'd say that leaving the cart or CD OUT of the box would make it more easily damaged. The boxes protect the cart/CD, not harm it.

Hmm, i think i said that the heavy cartridge or CD-book will hurt the mis-designed box inlay, not that the box will hurt the plastic-shell-protected card.

Matthias

I would prefer to pay an extra $10-$20..  although I am not sure i would go for 100% authentic atari style packaging, something more readily availible.  Perhaps for carts use VHS tape boxes with an insert to hold the cart, they are cheap and more robust than the cardboard boxes.  And for a CD game, use a DVD box, gives you more room for a nice manual and also protects the CD well, whilst fitting into current easily availible storage solutions well.

The atari boxes look nice, but thats an era gone by and they damage too easily.  I really like the way PC games now come in a DVD box, they take  up less room and look better.

I agree with the DVD box, the standard ones are easy to add nice printed inserts to and come with those handy little clips for a manual. They stack nicely too.

Shame I didn't know about this before...a couple of weeks ago I threw out about 20 DVD boxes because I didn't have anything to use them for...ah well :)

Stone

I would prefer to pay an extra $10-$20..  although I am not sure i would go for 100% authentic atari style packaging, something more readily availible.  Perhaps for carts use VHS tape boxes with an insert to hold the cart, they are cheap and more robust than the cardboard boxes.  And for a CD game, use a DVD box, gives you more room for a nice manual and also protects the CD well, whilst fitting into current easily availible storage solutions well.

The atari boxes look nice, but thats an era gone by and they damage too easily.  I really like the way PC games now come in a DVD box, they take  up less room and look better.

I agree with LinkoVitch, and I like the idea of a CD game in a DVD box. Plus, it's easier and cheaper to make than an old-style jaguar CD box.

did you knew that in normal boxes you get more. ofcourse depends who gives it.

for example. warcraft 2 came with the book of azeroth, normal cd, catalog, and the big normal manual.

this would not fit in the dvd box.

as for the other rpg game i saw.

you received 15cd's, keychains, landmaps, audio cd's etc.

now how can that fit into a dvd box? :) . i like them both. but companys should keep the box and replace the jewel cd with a dvd.

Hi !

I vote for a professional package, in the old Atari style it would be really nice :)

Most of the jaguar fans today are players AND collectors, so this would only add value to the product. Jewel case look today so poor in a gaming collection :(

Hi !

I vote for a professional package, in the old Atari style it would be really nice :)

Most of the jaguar fans today are players AND collectors, so this would only add value to the product. Jewel case look today so poor in a gaming collection :(

i am a player too. i will be bangning 2 girls soon :D

Archived