IGNORED

Huawei Is Launching A New Gaming Phone To Rival The Switch

Usually "gaming" phones aren't that much more powerful than other smartphones but they get "bling" up like gaming PC accesories (especially the RGB lighting).

In other words lt's like putting racing stripes and a spoiler on a Honda and expecting it to run faster and get chicks... :roll:

• Like 3

Usually "gaming" phones aren't that much more powerful than other smartphones but they get "bling" up like gaming PC accesories (especially the RGB lighting).

In other words lt's like putting racing stripes and a spoiler on a Honda and expecting it to run faster and get chicks... :roll:

Exactly, so it probably won't sell much.

No Huaweii's are not illegal in America. I saw honor 6x or 7x (I forget which one) at best buy one time.

Ah, yeah, no. The government is doing everything they can to keep them out of the country:

http://www.iknowtoday.com/huawei-banned-united-states/

If you did see one at Best Buy, I doubt you'll be seeing another anytime soon.

This will never be a rival...not even remotely close. Unless you really want to play mobile phone games with a $1K phone from a manufacturer who really has no place selling a phone of any type at that price....uhh no. I will be amazed if this thing even sees the light of day let alone rival anything.

• Like 1

It amazes me that after all this time companies are still trying to go after Nintendo handhelds with more power and a higher price. The last 30 years have proven that its not going to top it.

Especially now more than ever. They're not a multi-system company anymore. Years ago they merged console and handheld, people mocked them and got curious why. Years later we find out with the Switch. This is their only bread and butter and they'll do anything to keep themselves from going into the hole as they have nothing to save them like how the 3DS covered much of the WiiU losses shortly ago and still came up short.

• 4 weeks later...

I never knew that "gaming phones" made after the N-Gage were even a thing. The longer battery life and bigger screen is nice and all, but with a price tag of around $1,040 and the fact that it's just a phone with a D-Pad attached to it means it's gonna get nowhere; it also makes me wonder why Huawei has such high expectations on this.

• Like 1