IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

On 4/23/2024 at 11:39 AM, FiveJay said:

I also noticed the music does not play when loading a save state, and I’m guessing it can’t work that way based on apparently needing to “stream” the music when using the Game Drive (from what rare bits I’ve read in this thread). So just get good and give yourself enough time to beat it in one sitting or get used to sound effects only!

This is a fantastic game and as a new 7800 owner it really blows me away what this developer and other homebrew developers are pulling off with this system. Bravo!

The music should fix itself once you make it to a new world.

Alternatively, a quick and easy way to get the music back when using save states, is to hold down the select button and force the timer to expire.  After you die, the current screen will restart with the correct music.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2024 at 1:46 PM, MattelAquarius said:

The music should fix itself once you make it to a new world.

Alternatively, a quick and easy way to get the music back when using save states, is to hold down the select button and force the timer to expire.  After you die, the current screen will restart with the correct music.

Wow, definitely giving that a try! Thanks! I think I’ve died and it didn’t come back, but not by using select. Also did not clear a world from the state so I’ll give both a shot!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 8:54 PM, FiveJay said:

Wow, definitely giving that a try! Thanks! I think I’ve died and it didn’t come back, but not by using select. Also did not clear a world from the state so I’ll give both a shot!

It is strange.  There must be some kind of difference between what happens music code-wise after a regular death versus a hold-select death.

(I have not tested an organic "out-of-time" death to see if that also works for resetting the music.  Logically, it should probably work the same as holding down select, but who knows until it's tried!)

On 4/23/2024 at 9:39 AM, FiveJay said:

7800 newbie here and I did not read every post about this game, but I did “fix” an issue other newbies may also experience.

I was getting no music when playing the version that came with the 7800 Game Drive from Stone Age Gamer. Turns out the problem was that I had copied just the .a78 file to another folder as part of me organizing my ROMs, and if I go back to the original ROM inside the folder that was on the SD card when I received the GameDrive it works fine. Must be that it needs to access the other files in that folder and it can’t find them if you move the .a78 file to another folder. So copy the whole folder when you want to organize the ROMs and you’ll be good to go!

Just wanted to say a huge thank-you for the pointers on this!

As a clarification, I found I have to install the .A78 file on the root of the SD card, and the "RikkiAndVikki" directory with the BUP files also on the root.  Putting the .A78 file inside the directory did not work for me.  Putting any of this into a sub-directory also broke it.

• 4 weeks later...