IGNORED

Battlesphere Tactics

PeterG

Another request: Anyone figured out a way to eject your pilot while inside a warp tunnel? :lol: I've been trying this for a while at different points in the tunnel(during different colored phases). He probably wouldn't actually eject until he exited the other side, but I thought it would be funny as hell to launch this little dude into a dogfight at about 900mph. :lolblue: I haven't had any luck, though. :D

Here's a specific request: Does anyone have a better way to keep up with the warp icon after engaging the hyperdrive accelerator? On Minter setting, I have a hell of a time keeping up with it. I know that's what's intended, but there's got to be a way to "beat the system."  

My method: Concentrate on the icon and match it move for move while trying to anticipate the next direction it will go. All the while trying to distinguish some sort of "pattern" it follows- to no avail :sad:

One thing you don't seem aware of is that you can correct a course deviation by deviating in the opposite direction. The cursor will get more green and less red the more "on course" you get.

Here's a specific request: Does anyone have a better way to keep up with the warp icon after engaging the hyperdrive accelerator? On Minter setting, I have a hell of a time keeping up with it. I know that's what's intended, but there's got to be a way to "beat the system."  

My method: Concentrate on the icon and match it move for move while trying to anticipate the next direction it will go. All the while trying to distinguish some sort of "pattern" it follows- to no avail :sad:

One thing you don't seem aware of is that you can correct a course deviation by deviating in the opposite direction. The cursor will get more green and less red the more "on course" you get.

So, I'm thinking that the icons don't HAVE to be perfectly or near perfectly aligned to have a successful "jump", as long as the warp icon is in the most green shade, I'll end up at the desired destination.. :ponder:

Thinking out loud ;)

So, I'm thinking that the icons don't HAVE to be perfectly or near perfectly aligned to have a successful "jump", as long as the warp icon is in the most green shade, I'll end up at the desired destination.. :ponder:

Thinking out loud ;)

Didn't I just tell you that? :D

Didn't I just tell you that?  :D

Yeah, thanks. 8) Fifteen months of trying to analyze the irratic behavior down the drain. :sad: Oh well, this works like a charm. :D

Here's a helpful tactic for those who play without cheats. |:) :Sneak up on your wingmates target. If a member of your friendly forces is in a dogfight, the enemy ship will pay almost no attention to you as you approach them, leaving themselves wide open for an easy attack. This is especially cool if the enemy is flying horizontally across the screen. Just lead your shots a bit, and you can't miss. 8)

|:) Another for playing without cheats 8)

I leave my ship in constant motion. If you're unexpectedly attacked, (like when your attention is on one enemy and you didn't notice the other come up from behind or the side ;) ) it's probably not the best time for evasive actions. You can try to punch it and get away, but if the first rounds have already connected with your ship, others are sure to follow. The best bet is probably to turn and let'em have it with everything you've got. Anyway, if you're in constant motion it won't take long for the engines to get to full speed if you need it. Anything seems better than being at a full stop. 8) 8)

|:)

Here's one I discovered rather quickly. Don't take on an undamaged enemy ship(especially if it out classes yours) if you have 1/4 or less shields.

I disregarded this tactic just now, thinking that I could take out a superior ship and finish the game in glory. My arrogance got me destroyed in what seemed like two or three seconds and I was demoted to a Grunt. But, I did fire quite a few shots and the enemy exploded when he collided with my space debris. :lol: :twisted:

Another good tactic is when your starbases are under attack, if your base is in danger of getting destroyed, you can draw away enemy ships by shooting at them. They're predisposed to follow "orders" and nuke the base, but if you pose a threat or just make a nusance of yourself you can ge them to break formation and pursue you.

well...too bad :( does anyone knows where i can get the original battlesphere? if its above 70 then never mind. then i rather get battlesphere gold once its in production again :).

|:)

Another tactic: Follow your buddies into battle. When I send a friendly squad into an enemy filled sector, I like to follow them in (if everything else is under control) to see which race they're up against and give them a hand.

Sometimes, I'll be dependant on my friendly squad to clean house in a certain sector while I head elsewhere- only to check my map later and find them wiped out with little damage having been doled out to the enemy.(Their insignias are still bright green in the map screen) Warping to that sector confirms suspicions as the first thing visible is usually a Piper Cub... 8)

Another tip:

If you're getting ganged up on by a bunch of baddies, target the nastiest of the baddies and then instruct your wingmen to attack the selected target. They can usually get his attention away from you by either hurting him so he flees to recharge, or he will get ticked off and attack them instead of you.

This also works well when you're wounded and being chased by a bad-guy and can't shake him. You can use the wingmen to draw him off.

• Like 1

Hi!

no thanks! 300 minimum or 360 buy it now? over my dead body that i will for one game that much! :D.

Seems that the seller has heard you:

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or Reserve amount.

Regards

Matthias

Hi!

no thanks! 300 minimum or 360 buy it now? over my dead body that i will for one game that much! :D.

Seems that the seller has heard you:

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or Reserve amount.

Regards

Matthias

Maybe he sold it to a private bidder?

Another tactic: Follow your buddies into battle

I was under the impression that your score in AAtE was based on how many kills you made. Therefore, with cheating on :evil: I have been selfishly attacking groups of enemies alone so I can get the kills for them. :D I don't do this when the sector contains my starbase, though. Time for backup then!

Another tip: Make sure you don't accidentally hit your own guys. I think I may have done that once, and when the sector was cleared he started firing at me! I did not have Invincible turned on at that time and I was taking damage. He stopped after half a dozen hits on me. I fired a few shots in his direction - missed - and then he started firing at me again! I blasted him to smithereens and then ended the game, knowing full well I'd lose many points for that stunt. :)

Another tactic: Follow your buddies into battle

I was under the impression that your score in AAtE was based on how many kills you made. Therefore, with cheating on :evil: I have been selfishly attacking groups of enemies alone so I can get the kills for them. :D I don't do this when the sector contains my starbase, though. Time for backup then!

Another tip: Make sure you don't accidentally hit your own guys. I think I may have done that once, and when the sector was cleared he started firing at me! I did not have Invincible turned on at that time and I was taking damage. He stopped after half a dozen hits on me. I fired a few shots in his direction - missed - and then he started firing at me again! I blasted him to smithereens and then ended the game, knowing full well I'd lose many points for that stunt. :)

Yes, you can shoot your own guys, and if you have a guy who's got a bad temper, he might try and take it out on you! They will usually stop after a while without killing you, or if an enemy appears in the sector.

You get great big points for having more friendlies alive at the end of a game, so sometimes it's better to hold back the weaker forces and get the mto bases for repair. Going in to help save their butts in a pinch is always helpful

This is a cool topic!

[

The whole rolling thing makes a lot more sense when you are using a procontroller. it really works great.

Yeah I know how it works since I also use a Procontroller.

My Problem was that I didn´t know what the rolling was good for since I hardly used it at all and I wanted to know if I can improve myself by using it :-)

Peter

You get great big points for having more friendlies alive at the end of a game' date=' so sometimes it's better to hold back the weaker forces and get the mto bases for repair. Going in to help save their butts in a pinch is always helpful

This is a cool topic![/quote']

Did I get that right, that my ships will repair and reload themselves when they are in a sector with a base?

That´s pretty cool, didn´t know that.

I knew that it would be good to have such a Topic :-)

Peter

Peter

This topic rules! :cool:

I spent all night trying to beat AAtE on Minter using a jacked up Stiletto for 3x the points with all starbases intact at the end. After many, many attempts I finally did it. :D I haven't rewritten my high scores table so much in one night in a long time. 8)

Here's a cool thing to do if you have Custom Delivery enabled. If you accidentally warp to the wrong sector, hit the # button again immediately upon exiting and you'll go right back into warp and straight to the desired sector. It worked flawlessly every time I tried it. If you time it exactly right it's like exiting one warp tunnel and entering another. 8) 8) 8)

Peter

This topic rules! :cool:

I spent all night trying to beat AAtE on Minter using a jacked up Stiletto for 3x the points with all starbases intact at the end. After many, many attempts I finally did it. :D I haven't rewritten my high scores table so much in one night in a long time. 8)

Here's a cool thing to do if you have Custom Delivery enabled. If you accidentally warp to the wrong sector, hit the # button again immediately upon exiting and you'll go right back into warp and straight to the desired sector. It worked flawlessly every time I tried it. If you time it exactly right it's like exiting one warp tunnel and entering another. 8) 8) 8)

Yeah, the warp is entered depending on the speed you go. Think like hitting 88MPH to time warp. If you have the energy you can reenter the warp just after exiting one because you are still going close to 88 when you drop out of warp!