IGNORED

UA Limited Protos Released!

Albert

Presumably though these are all NTSC only? :(

Well, being the label artist I already have the honour of owning these in finished cart form and they play beautifully on my PAL 2600. I'm in UK too :) The colours even look good, which is odd for an NTSC game running on PAL.

Intriguing... guess I'm in then :)

Groovy! Everything looks fantastic. I've just downloaded Z26 and the ROMs to see how they play.

And don't be piling up on Brian R., guys. I'm sure other people were wondering the same thing. It's much better to ask and give everyone involved a chance to explain the true costs involved.

I'd be interested in the $100 pack, but I closed my PayPal account and now it doesn't seem interested in non-US billing information (its hostility to non-US customers was the reason I gave it up). Without the correct information it will not be allowed to charge the card. International Money Orders cost a fortune. Is there any other way to pay by credit card?

I'd be interested in the $100 pack, but I closed my PayPal account and now it doesn't seem interested in non-US billing information (its hostility to non-US customers was the reason I gave it up).  Without the correct information it will not be allowed to charge the card.  International Money Orders cost a fortune.  Is there any other way to pay by credit card?

I, too, had a USA PayPal account - and couldn't get it to like my non-USA credit card. They now support native PayPal accounts for many countries, which do allow you to enter billing info correctly - so have another look at International PayPal accounts. I have set one up in the last few days and it works just fine.

I believe you can send a payment to a PayPal account using a credit card, anyway, so all you need is the recipient to be PayPal capable.

I believe you can send a payment to a PayPal account using a credit card, anyway, so all you need is the recipient to be PayPal capable.

How do I do this without becoming a PayPal member? I ask because in light text on a white background it has such fine print as:

If you have a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card: PayPal has a $1.95 Membership Fee that will be charged to your credit card when you click Continue below. We will refund this fee to your PayPal account after your successfully enter your Member Number

I don't want to become a PayPal member, I just want to buy a product from the AtariAge store using a credit card...

Hi Chris,

I don't want to become a PayPal member, I just want to buy a product from the AtariAge store using a credit card...

We can take credit cards, but this functionality is not presently linked to the store. I will send you a private message.

..Al

{ SS check wallet }

Oh look at the pretty moths.

Be right back after I'm done knocking over the liquor store ...

Dude, I know how badly you want Pleiades - so if you don't have the greenbacks I'll front you! Don't go into a life of crime for this game! ;)

I played all three on the emulator. My god, these games flicker like a futher mother. I've heard that games don't flicker that bad on an actual system though, is this true?

Great games none the less. If I wasn't broke (and cheap) I'd definately get them. As it is I'll probably have to put up the 35 and buy them one at a time. Oh well. Cool :D

Can't wait for them to arrive!

Meanwhile, you know what would be cool? If the AtariAge store actually sold Atari 2600s. I've just posted a quick article about these releases on a blog-thing I submit stuff to and I was thinking that the general public probably don't still have a 2600, even though many of them may remember it fondly. If for no reason other than street cred, it's be great to see a limited number of Atari 2600s for sale at the AA store. I don't know about other people, but I have a few spare 2600s that I bought because the seller wouldn't separate them from the games. If postage weren't so expensive I'd be happy to send them to AA for store credit...

What do people think the current going rate is for a working Atari 2600? 2600jr?

I played all three on the emulator.  My god, these games flicker like a futher mother.  I've heard that games don't flicker that bad on an actual system though, is this true?

Yes.

You can (somehow) emulate this by using the -f switch of z26 (win only). Try -f77 or -f99.

One thing that I'd like to do that I didn't do in my original post is thank some of the people who helped make the release of these games possible (in no particular order):

Joe Grand, Thomas Jentzsch, David Exton, Dale Crum, Marc Oberhäuser, and Eckhard Stolberg

There was a lot of work involved in initially dumping the protos, reverse-engineering the bankswitching method, making new boards to work with these games, creating the labels, manuals and boxes, doing some minor tweaks to the games, and ensuring at least one emulator (z26) would work with these games when released. Thanks again to those listed above for playing a role in bringing these games to light. :)

..Al

I played all three on the emulator.  My god, these games flicker like a futher mother.  I've heard that games don't flicker that bad on an actual system though, is this true?

The flicker isn't nearly as bad on a real television..

..Al

well I just ordered the nice packs o UA goodness. :-)

Now I can finally own a pleadies home version to go with my pleadies arcade cab.

(I have the arcadia pleadies on ward shrakes multi-cart, but I still have yet to be able to find the real thing :( )

Archived