IGNORED

TI994W - using EA5 causes IO error 7? wtf?

tschak909

I'm experimenting with TI994W, and I see the DSK1 folder, but when I try to run anything on DSK1 (e.g. DSK1.PLATO) I get an IO ERROR 7.. wtf?

-Thom

How are you running it.

The basic languages have no way to run anything natively but basic programs and only extended basic has the ability to run a file from disk otherwise you have to use OLD DSK1.FILENAME to load a program.

If the programs are assembly they are run from editor assembler. There are a few programs that load in extended basic that give you the ability to load ea programs. But you load them first. A quick and dirty one is available on ftp.whtech.com that i wrote that lists off all the EA PROGRAM image files and lets you pick them off a menu. its under my user directory there..

If i remember Plato is an ea5 program. It's a program file but it is assembly language. You load that from Editor Assembler menu option 5 (EA5.. get it) there are also EA programs that are display fixed 80 they load with EA3.. most games etc are EA5..

Greg

Disk controller manual (with error codes in the appendix) http://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets%20and%20manuals/Hardware/Texas%20Instruments/PHP1240%20Disk%20Controller%20Card/ti%20floppy%20controller%20card%20manual.pdf

io error 7 is 'INVALID FILE FORMAT" so likely you are trying to load a EA program in Basic..

I'm running it from E/A cart, and I've managed to get it to work, if I set the emulator up to use a disk image, that I prepare with ti99dir..but this is an additional step, that I would like to skip over.

-Thom

Use classic99 with the DSK1 folder.. then you just stick ti files in that folder and it works as the disk..