IGNORED

FW Diagnostics - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

7 hours ago, freewheel said:

As mentioned, the ROM and instructions are available - that reminds me, I may let that domain retire soon, so if someone would like to provide a place to host my handful of ROMs, please reach out.

I have no plans to create any more carts but in the same vein, if someone wants to pick that up, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to dev/manufacture these days, but I definitely see some recurring interest in some more of the diagnostic carts. I naively assumed that everyone would have an LTO Flash by now :)

I do have a flash, but i would be first in line to get a copy of the original in-box cart. I tried grabbing one off of Ebay but got beat out in the last few seconds. I think its a neat tool that would come in handy.

15 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I do have a flash, but i would be first in line to get a copy of the original in-box cart. I tried grabbing one off of Ebay but got beat out in the last few seconds. I think its a neat tool that would come in handy.

Yikes, I had no idea these were going for so much. I'd definitely like to see a few more on the market. Ironically, I still have a bunch of unfolded boxes in storage somewhere. Just no more carts, or the other bits!

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, freewheel said:

As mentioned, the ROM and instructions are available - that reminds me, I may let that domain retire soon, so if someone would like to provide a place to host my handful of ROMs, please reach out.

I have no plans to create any more carts but in the same vein, if someone wants to pick that up, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to dev/manufacture these days, but I definitely see some recurring interest in some more of the diagnostic carts. I naively assumed that everyone would have an LTO Flash by now :)

I have seen quite a few online posts in places, where people (re)find their Intellivision and aren't sure why it doesn't work with their games. This diagnostic work is awesome, and would be great to point someone to a spot and say "go buy that FW cart for $20 and download the PDF and you can test the console, nuff said".

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anything is possible, but unfortunately I don't have the time nor brainpower to set up another production run. I'm always willing to talk, if anyone wants to help out! I suspect a cart-only run would sell fairly well, given the comments and requests I've had over the years.

• Like 2