IGNORED

What do you use your cartridge port for?

6BQ5

On 2/11/2019 at 12:37 AM, Nezgar said:

My Roland CM-32L sound module came with Roland "Ten Tracks" software on floppy, but it would only work if the hardware 'key' (little cartridge) was inserted as a copy protection. Like Cubase, and I'm sure others. Was annoying I had to unplug the spectre GCR when I wanted to use it.

That was the reason for Cartmaster by Wizztronics.. 4 cartridges were able to be plugged in and switched at will

• 5 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 9:49 PM, oky2000 said:

The MV16, produced by the ST adoring French, is the single most important cartridge for the ST ever released. Coming in at approximately £10-15 to improve the YM2149 horrible sound chip for a Macintosh killing 1986 520STM 16bit home computer it shows how clueless Atari were to not do exactly the same thing before 1 million Amigas had been sold (1989?) to stay in the fight. It's a simple case of a publisher improving of the substandard audio hardware that ultimately killed sales of the STFM.

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/ATARI_ST_MV16_Sound_Audio_Card_Cartridge_BAT_e1c2ad3a.html

Audio sample in the attachment. First half, YM output. Second half, reMV16 output.

P4231556.JPG

P4231559.JPG

20230406_221311.jpg

20230406_221322.jpg

20230406_221338.jpg

• Like 2