IGNORED

Questions About Atari Age

cessnaace

I've been a member here for 4 or 5 years, but there are aspects of this site that I don't understand. There are quite a few awesome people here, so maybe I can fill in the blanks in my knowledge.

MY ACCOUNT

• Customer Information I know all about this one.
  • Address Book I kinda know what this is, but I've never used it here.
  • Order History I am totally up to speed on this. In fact I use it frequently.
  • DOWNLOADS This is the part I don't get. Is this used for purchasing Digital Downloads? I'm really curious about this one.
  • Wishlist I use this quite often as well. If I click on the button for Share Your Wishlist, who am I sharing it with?

MY PROFILE (AND YOURS)

I've recently updated my Atari Age Profile. I've noticed that people can vote on what they think of the Profile. At least that's what it looks like. I'd like to vote on the Profiles of my friends here, but I can't find a hyperlink or button to click on to vote. How is this done?

COUPON CODES

I've been an Atari Age member and customer for nearly 5 years but I've never seen a Coupon Code in all that time. When are they given out, and is it a promotional thing or a mechanism for dispensing refunds?

REPLACEMENT MANUALS

I'm missing several manuals due to illness. Basically, I put all of my manuals for loose carts that I've bought from Atari Age in one place so that I'd know where they were. Ironically, I can't remember where I put them (I was kind of loopy after being released from the hospital). I posted about this elsewhere in the Forums, and was told to send a message to Albert but I haven't heard back from him. I offered to pay for them. I'm sure that he's a busy guy.

HIGH SCORE CLUB

I have an interest in this, but I cannot record videos at this time. Here is what I have gathered from Friends of mine both here and at http://highscore.com/. And some questions that I still have.

• Videos are not required. Photos are excepted as evidence.
  • Scores submitted to the HSC must have never been posted elsewhere prior to their submission for HSC consideration. So scores first submitted to High Score or Twin Galaxies and voted Legit are not permitted under the rules. I don't post any scores to Twin Galaxies, but I have posted (probably) thousands of scores at High Score.
  • If I join the HSC, will I be notified on the game currently being played through the Atari Age messaging portal, or sent an email, or what?

THE CUSTOM CARTRIDGE

If I buy the Custom Atari Age 2600 cartridge, how do I submit the image that I want placed on the label? The image that I would like to use is the one that I am now using here as my Profile Image. (Made for me by a fellow User at High Score.

FRIENDING ME

I encourage it. You can also find me elsewhere:

• High Score Username Mark (MSH)
  • Steam Username MarkMSH
  • GoG Galaxy Username MARKMSH
  • Youtube Channel name cessnaace (I haven't been active there for quite awhile, but that is about to change. Anyway, there are quite a few videos already there). I've bought a new sound system, but need a new Web camera. I have smart phones that can record videos, both Android and iOS, and I have a tripod. But no way to mount one of the smart phones to it.
  • TWITTER My Twitter handle is https://twitter.com/MarkSHinds

If you have a Youtube channel then let me know. Chances are I may be subscribed to you already, either under my cessnaace channel or under my name. I also provide support to a few gamers through Patreon. This includes "Guru Larry" Bundy, Jr., Top Hat Gaming Man, SLOPES Game Room, and most recently, The No Swear Gamer.

Thanks in advance for your help and advance.

Edited by cessnaace
  • Like 1

Wow you're very thorough.

Albert will sell you replacement manuals, as far as I know.

Thanks for responding. A friend of mine both here and at High Score mentioned that there are paid subscriptions. I've been a customer here for nearly 5 years and didn't even know that there was such a thing. I went ahead and paid for an annual subscription, which entitles me to 5% off on Atari Age store purchases (that explains the thing about Discount Coupons). I wish I had known earlier. In the past 4 weeks I've been averaging $80 each week on my orders here. 2 of the orders are still being processed.

Thanks again! :)

HIGH SCORE CLUB

I have an interest in this, but I cannot record videos at this time. Here is what I have gathered from Friends of mine both here and at http://highscore.com/. And some questions that I still have.

Videos are not required. Photos are excepted as evidence.

Scores submitted to the HSC must have never been posted elsewhere prior to their submission for HSC consideration. So scores first submitted to High Score or Twin Galaxies and voted Legit are not permitted under the rules. I don't post any scores to Twin Galaxies, but I have posted (probably) thousands of scores at High Score.

If I join the HSC, will I be notified on the game currently being played through the Atari Age messaging portal, or sent an email, or what?

1. As Karl G mentioned, evidence isnt required for AtariAge HSC. Most players do post screenshots or photos, with very few posting video.

2. Scores posted for the AtariAge HSC must be earned during the week that the game is being played. You can submit scores on any website you like before posting to the HSC. The HSC is played in seasons, usually lasting 25-30+ weeks. The only scores that are accepted are for the current weeks game. (You cannot use scores earned from previous HSC seasons or historical plays from long ago.)

3. If you played in a previous HSC, you will likely get a private message indicating that the new season is starting. Other than that, whenever a new week starts, the game along with any game or difficulty switch settings are posted to the HSC forum.This usually occurs on Friday night, with scores accepted until the next Sunday, giving players 9 days and two weekends to post scores.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

Nice to see you around Mark. You were one of the original channels I subscribed to when I started on youtube and like you I haven't been active for a while. It'll be great to see videos from you again down the road.

It amazes me that I haven't lost many subscribers. When I go active again several people may be shocked to see me back. I'm trying to decide if I should start a second channel for play videos and game reviews, and use the Cessnaace channel to post game add videos and such. I'm looking into going the Patreon route, but only with the second channel. "Guru Larry" Bundy, Jr. has already told me that he'd promote my channel once it goes active. I would like for it to be "super awesome," as he says in his videos, when I do start up again.

You must have kept your old videos up because I still watch them. :)

• Like 1