IGNORED

Astrosmash High Score

JOD-I

No roms are being modified;it's the intellivision hardware, through emulation, that's being sped up.

I always thought that it might be possible to rewrite the exec so exec based cartridges would run faster on real hardware. Knock off one video cycle so the exec runs at 30hz rather than 20hz.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I always thought that it might be possible to rewrite the exec so exec based cartridges would run faster on real hardware. Knock off one video cycle so the exec runs at 30hz rather than 20hz.

It might work with some, but probably not with all. You'd probably have to tweak the games also, since I believe some of them look at the current "EXEC phase" to known when it's safe to do certain things. (At least, ECS BASIC does, which is why it's so slow.)

No roms are being modified;it's the intellivision hardware, through emulation, that's being sped up.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Still pretty cool stuff.