IGNORED

Raspberry Pi to SIO

7 hours ago, E474 said:

HI @Mr Robot,

Could this be rolled into the FujiNet Github repository, at: https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-hardware as it would appear to be a perfectly good route to running FujiNet-PC?

Maybe @mozzwald, @apc and @tschak909 have an opinion too?

If someone confirms it works and submits a pull request with proper readme, we can add it

Hi @mozzwald,

I still have my Pi 1 setup with it's logic level shifter board interfaced to my Atari, I can solder on some header pins for my Pi 0 W and test if FujiNet-PC works (I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't). I think I ordered the super capacitor too, so might be able to put together an equivalent to @Mr Robot's PCB, but I think the only person who has this actual board at the moment is @Mr Robot.

Hi @mozzwald,

OK, good point! I will try and check that FujiNet-PC runs OK on a Pi 0 W this weekend. I remembered earlier that I got FujiNet-PC up and running on a Stretch (Raspbian/Debian 9) distro on a Pi 1, so should really check it works OK on the latest PiOS, and maybe Pi OS legacy too. Also, I never got round to ordering the super capacitor, so will just use USB power instead.

• Like 1

Wasn't one of the strengths of the Fujinet that all the SIO lines are connected so it does flow control, motor control, audio in etc?

This thing only does the bare minimum connections. It doesn't seem like a good fit to me.

9 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Just because the schematic is right, doesn't mean the board works ;) 

You've seen my work before! :D

Hi @Mr Robot,

Yes, that's a good point. I only used the FujiNet as a disk emulator, I'm not sure if the extra SIO lines are handled in FujiNet-PC (the Pi has plenty of spare GPIO pins), but if they were your board would need to be modded to handle the extra lines anyway. Maybe @apccan comment on GPIO pin support for the remaining lines?

I'll still give testing the Pi 0 W a go this weekend, free time permitting!

• Like 1