IGNORED

Mystery SFC Controller

Hello friends,

I recently came into some new Super Famicom hardware, including two mystery controllers that I absolutely cannot find any information on. I suspect they are nothing special but I'd like to be sure. This forum seems like the perfect resource, full of knowledgeable folks who might be able to identify such things.

Please see attached images.

The controller is called the "Master Blaster" which really complicates getting a decent google search.

I have two, non-functional and one functional but in need of silicon repair. I don't have the means to try and fix the non-functional one. Just wondering if some museum would benefit having these before I potentially get rid of em.

Thanks!

controller 1.jpg

controller 2.jpg

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Never seen that before.  Only other 6 button I have seen w as a hori.  This also looks good for fighting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNES-Super-Famicom-JB-King-Super-Joystick-HJ-001-Arcade-Stick-10094/323874042499?hash=item4b6865b283:g:qVgAAOSwKQJdQz7O:sc:USPSPriority!60062!US!-1&redirect=mobile

is that a fair price.

That looks like trash... you can find ASCII Fighter Stick SNs for around $30-40 that is way better and has the standard 6 button layout (I use mine in MAME all the time via a SNES to USB adapter).

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Never seen that before.  Only other 6 button I have seen w as a hori.  This also looks good for fighting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNES-Super-Famicom-JB-King-Super-Joystick-HJ-001-Arcade-Stick-10094/323874042499?hash=item4b6865b283:g:qVgAAOSwKQJdQz7O:sc:USPSPriority!60062!US!-1&redirect=mobile

is that a fair price.

Yeah, it doesn't look all that great. Granted, I haven't used it so I can't vouch for it. That button layout is a deal breaker for me though. A big part of having a stick during this generation is to use it with fighting games. If you don't have a traditional six-button layout, then there's little point.

I do know that these are pretty good (the Capcom sticks). Picked up a Genesis version myself over the weekend and it's pretty solid: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Capcom-Turbo-Fighter-Power-Stick-Arcade-Joystick-NINTENDO-SNES-with-Manual/264426145433?hash=item3d9106c699:g:e~UAAOSwFDBdTja9

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1