IGNORED

Roulette Box Sleeve

Sinjinhawke

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Thanks for the info.  I didn’t buy it with the intent to sell, just thought it was an interesting box.  

However I may be convinced to part with it so I can buy a game I don’t have.  ?

If I didn’t already have it I’d make you an offer you couldn’t refuse. ?

it should be great trade bait as I’m sure there are a few people on here who would love to add it to their  collection.

• Like 1

Where exactly did you find this (in Toronto I sssume)?  A garage sale?

I think I mentioned this elsewhere but I don't think these sleeves were used outside of Quebec and New Brunswick.  If anyone remembers them elsewhere, back in 1980, please advise.

Edited by mr_me

A store in Belleville. I asked if they had any Intellivision games.  They said in the basement they had some.  Brought them up and was just a bunch of commons plus this item.  Just said take what I want for $2 each.   Bowling and Lock & Chase had boxes boxes better than what I have so grabbed them.  Otherwise my untrained eye didn’t see anything special.    

10 hours ago, intellivotion said:

You bet C$ 2 on Roulette and you'll very probably win

I already have the Roulette sleeve, but I'm curious to know which is the box variation you found with it. AFAIK, it should be made in Hong Kong

Looks like everything except overlays are made in Hong Kong. Contains the glossy English manual and the non glossy French manual. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Does the box have the keyboard component text?  What are the part numbers on the two instructions?

I’m not home right now to confirm what the box says.  I have the picture of the manuals included here.  Memory says the box does NOT reference keyboard but I’m old and my memory is not to be relied on. ??‍?

6CAE9AC7-CC72-4A26-A614-E6C58A23FE32.jpeg

The best way to know how much it's worth is, is to throw it up on ebay for 1 penny and let the market dictate the value. It sounds rough for some AA members to hear but that just the way it is. As the seller you get almost the full value of the product and as the buyer you didn't pay more than you wanted to.

14 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

The best way to know how much it's worth is, is to throw it up on ebay for 1 penny and let the market dictate the value. It sounds rough for some AA members to hear but that just the way it is. As the seller you get almost the full value of the product and as the buyer you didn't pay more than you wanted to.

but, the hell of it is, 22% goes to eBay and Paypal. If a game goes for $400 on eBay, the seller sees about $330, maybe less. I think eBay makes offers sometimes where there are no seller fees, though. Not sure how it works, though.

8 hours ago, Swami said:

but, the hell of it is, 22% goes to eBay and Paypal. If a game goes for $400 on eBay, the seller sees about $330, maybe less. I think eBay makes offers sometimes where there are no seller fees, though. Not sure how it works, though.

What?? eBay gets 10% of the selling price and PayPal gets 2.9% + $.30. 

So in your $400 example with a regular listing (not paying extra for stuff like insertion fees of which the first 50 listings a month are free/$.35 after that, bold, multiple categories, etc.) you'd be left with $348.10 after fees. 

1 hour ago, save2600 said:

What?? eBay gets 10% of the selling price and PayPal gets 2.9% + $.30. 

So in your $400 example with a regular listing (not paying extra for stuff like insertion fees of which the first 50 listings a month are free/$.35 after that, bold, multiple categories, etc.) you'd be left with $348.10 after fees. 

If he's in Canada and sold to the US, PayPal charges 3.7% plus 0.30 USD.  Also, the 10% eBay fee includes the sale price + shipping.  Still less than 22%, though.

9 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

If he's in Canada and sold to the US, PayPal charges 3.7% plus 0.30 USD.  Also, the 10% eBay fee includes the sale price + shipping.  Still less than 22%, though.

Wasn’t eBay fee 15% on video games? Must have changed. 

19 hours ago, Swami said:

I have not used ebay for a month or so but last time I used it ebay was 11% and paypal was 4.5% which is why I stated you get almost full value but you are right it needs to be taken into consideration.