IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

1 hour ago, Giles N said:

Whats so bad about it?

Personal taste?

Or is it known to be flawed?

Just personal taste. Even watching the 16bit systems play this it looks blah.. Does not look high on the fun factor to me.. 

I see yourself and others like it and are putting work into it so that is cool to see.  One thing tho is make sure you have a programmer who wants to make the game before putting too much effort in. Unless you want a Bentley graphics hack as the outcome. 

41 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Just personal taste. Even watching the 16bit systems play this it looks blah.. Does not look high on the fun factor to me.. 

I see yourself and others like it and are putting work into it so that is cool to see.  One thing tho is make sure you have a programmer who wants to make the game before putting too much effort in. Unless you want a Bentley graphics hack as the outcome. 

Work is training...

... so, since I need to refresh some grfx ‘n art-skills (anyway) I won’t loose anything...

... I’ll just get more training...

Edited by Giles N

23 hours ago, Jaden (JRH) said:

Couldn't you theoretically stitch multiple 8 pixel wide sprites together to make a bigger character? I'd figure if we could do that, we could get a much better looking Pac-Man.

Also, I'll still do the item graphics. I just need to redraw the fruits.

I’m no programmer, so that would involve getting a programmer to re-program/adjust the Bentley Bear grfx-engine to support compound/composite sprites and more than just 2 frames.

It does support sprites with 12 colours, but I began with 3, as upgrading grfx is easier than down-scaling.

If anyone here is into programming or know programmers interested in doing a general upgrade of the Bentley Bear engine, fine - go a head.

I cannot program one line of code.