IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Giles

i will try...gimme some time.I stoped working on this,cause i got no feedback...so nobody seems to be interested.And whyvshouldbi do something...nobidy wants?

I see that one.

I’m not sure whether the low interest was caused by everyone waiting for everyone else, no-one liking PacLand, or just better times for doing 7800-games, or whatever.

I’ve been attempting to train myself in grfx using only 2 frames, 3 colours, etc; 8-bit limitations.

Some here have shown interest, others say PacLand is no-like, and suggested doing a complete novel game.

On 3/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, Giles N said:

Are into doing graphics, sound, music or programming (say for the 7800

or 5200, or just PC-coding, for that matter)?

neither, I'm just a lonely mechanical engineer! lol  

On 9/27/2019 at 9:02 PM, PacManPlus said:

Judging by the video above, we're more than half-way there with the Crystal Quest engine...  Most of the things done in that video can already be done with that engine.

Hi

@PacManPlus

Thanks for your inputs now and again on this thread!

But some people (just a few) a wondered if a completely novel game-franchise would be better.

If the general atmosphere here would go in that direction, is the Bentley Bear Crystal Quest - engine still something its ok for you that we use, for say a novel platformer?

I just wanted to ask.

kind Regards,

Giles,

Edited by Giles N

On 2/19/2020 at 3:51 AM, Jinks said:

Just personal taste. Even watching the 16bit systems play this it looks blah.. Does not look high on the fun factor to me.. 

I see yourself and others like it and are putting work into it so that is cool to see.  One thing tho is make sure you have a programmer who wants to make the game before putting too much effort in. Unless you want a Bentley graphics hack as the outcome. 

Hmm, how many versions have you played (arcade, ports...)?   (just curious & and would like feedback).

Is it very different from Mario as to gameplay...??

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:40 PM, Giles N said:

@gambler172

Could you try inserting/using these images for PacMan in your level-set-up?

PNG-bilde 10.png

PNG-bilde 11.png

Hi Giles

just put your sprite in the game.....it has only the Player running Forward or backwards ....i could Need a jumping sprite...

Should we continue our work??Feel free to Change the Player...if you want

paclandx.a78

On 3/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, gambler172 said:

Hi Giles

just put your sprite in the game.....it has only the Player running Forward or backwards ....i could Need a jumping sprite...

Should we continue our work??Feel free to Change the Player...if you want

paclandx.a78 144.13 kB · 3 downloads

I’m ... so ... hopelessly bad at using softwares...., but as to your question;if we are to get more skill - through the process of learning, attempting and failure- ; to learn or not to learn..., learning has its’ own value. We won’t get better at anything, unless we get actual experience!

Edited by Giles N