IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

1 hour ago, Inky said:

Does anyone else have problems running CV Montezuma's Revenge? In my case, it gets to the title screen, and no matter what button I press, nothing happens.  Tested with a super action controller and with the Edladdin SUper CV

Try spinning the spinner and then pressing a button. The SAC can cause some games to lock at the selection screen if the spinner is in a particular orientation. If you have a standard controller or snes controller, try that with the SAC and SuperCV disconnected.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, alortegac said:

Can someone confirm Super action controllers actually work or not? Lots of comments but could not find a specific post with confirmation.  I want to play SPY HUNTER on the Phoenix with SAC.  Thanks a lot!

I tested them out pretty thoroughly, including the spinner, and can confirm that they do work on the Phoenix.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, mario64 said:

Will there be any changes or improvements vs the original units?

Will the HDMI issues still be present in the new units?  If so, what is the best and cheapest way to get it to work on a TV?  I only have easy access to a 4K Vizio TV and I would hate for it to not work with it.

So has anyone else had an issue with using the actual Gorf cartridge with the V6 core? The ROM file works fine with the V6 core but the cartridge causes the Phoenix screen to flash Phoenix logo and Gorf name on the bottom three times. Then it goes to a black and orange striped screen.

Strangely I still have the V4 core on my Phoenix as core #3 and the cartridge works perfectly with that core.

I'll file a bug, but I was curious if anyone else had the issue. I also want to try with another Gorf cartridge just in case before I file the bug.

49 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

So has anyone else had an issue with using the actual Gorf cartridge with the V6 core? The ROM file works fine with the V6 core but the cartridge causes the Phoenix screen to flash Phoenix logo and Gorf name on the bottom three times. Then it goes to a black and orange striped screen.

Strangely I still have the V4 core on my Phoenix as core #3 and the cartridge works perfectly with that core.

I'll file a bug, but I was curious if anyone else had the issue. I also want to try with another Gorf cartridge just in case before I file the bug.

There is a unofficial release that @Bmack36 placed inside a post somewhere with a fix for the Gorf cart issue. I will see if i can find it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/307537-is-it-the-cart-or-the-phoenix/?do=findComment&comment=4554669

• Thanks 1

I'd really like to preorder a Phoenix before the July 4th deadline, but I'm worried about TV compatibility.  I don't really care about the power/hdmi issue; that seems like more of an annoyance than a reason not to buy one.  But, if the Phoenix doesn't work with my TV, then what do I do?  Is there a compatibility list or some way of knowing if it will work with my TV or not?  The system seems to do everything I want it to do, but the TV issue concerns me greatly.  Is there a workaround that I'm not aware of?  

Sorry for all of the newbie questions!  I missed the first batch and I've been going back and forth about it for the second round.  I already have a Mega SG, which plays Colecovision roms in 1080P.  I also have an NT Mini, which has a Colecovision core.  I even have multiple emulation machines that play Colecovision well.  But, my original Colecovision died after a botched attempt to install socketed ram chips and now I have no way of playing my actual cartridges or using my roller controller, super action controller, etc.

I could be wrong, but I thought the tv issue was possibly due to a timing issue in the core. There was at least some timing issue in the core anyway. Brian had mentioned some time back in like January that the core was being redone completely to fix the timing. I haven't seen any mention of it since.

I could be mixing up the issue and/or the exact details though. I'm lucky enough to remember what I ate for lunch 2 days ago, let alone some thing someone said 6 months ago.

Ah, found it. It was on Discord. This is when someone asked about the tv incompatibilities:

"We are rewrititng the core to fix the issue with the pixel clock not being in spec (currently 25MHz) The 2600 core doesn't have issues running 720x480 with a 27MHz clock"

Any updates on that @Bmack36?

1 minute ago, nick3092 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the tv issue was possibly due to a timing issue in the core. There was at least some timing issue in the core anyway. Brian had mentioned some time back in like January that the core was being redone completely to fix the timing. I haven't seen any mention of it since.

I could be mixing up the issue and/or the exact details though. I'm lucky enough to remember what I ate for lunch 2 days ago, let alone some thing someone said 6 months ago.

Ah, found it. It was on Discord. This is when someone asked about the tv incompatibilities:

"We are rewrititng the core to fix the issue with the pixel clock not being in spec (currently 25MHz) The 2600 core doesn't have issues running 720x480 with a 27MHz clock"

Any updates on that @Bmack36?

It is still in progress. we are hoping to get it done before the next production batch ships, but we do not have a firm timeframe yet.

10 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

It is still in progress. we are hoping to get it done before the next production batch ships, but we do not have a firm timeframe yet.

Will the next production batch be identical to the current one? Any changes, fixes or new features?

5 hours ago, Noah98 said:

I'd really like to preorder a Phoenix before the July 4th deadline, but I'm worried about TV compatibility.  I don't really care about the power/hdmi issue; that seems like more of an annoyance than a reason not to buy one.  But, if the Phoenix doesn't work with my TV, then what do I do?  Is there a compatibility list or some way of knowing if it will work with my TV or not?  The system seems to do everything I want it to do, but the TV issue concerns me greatly.  Is there a workaround that I'm not aware of?  

Sorry for all of the newbie questions!  I missed the first batch and I've been going back and forth about it for the second round.  I already have a Mega SG, which plays Colecovision roms in 1080P.  I also have an NT Mini, which has a Colecovision core.  I even have multiple emulation machines that play Colecovision well.  But, my original Colecovision died after a botched attempt to install socketed ram chips and now I have no way of playing my actual cartridges or using my roller controller, super action controller, etc.

Hi

I already have a Phoenix and also preordered a second one. I found the CollectorVision Phoenix to be well worth it, especially with the built in Atari 2600 core. I have the Mega SG as well.

I have two 32" LED TVs where it works fine. Looking forward to another Collectorvision Phoenix.

Edited by funcool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

There's a CollectorVision Phoenix group on Discord? How does one get invited? 

What I quoted earlier was actually from the classic gaming discord. There isn't a dedicated Phoenix section there. But occasionally the topic comes up, and occasionally Brian chimes in. 

I don't think I've seen anything posted to the actual Phoenix discord in several months. 

The CollectorVision system looks like an awesome ColecoVision and Atari 2600 system. I missed out on the first run. Maybe I will pre-order this system sometime in the future. I hope the ADAM core comes soon. The more cores created for the system the more valuable the system will be. If no ADAM core before the second run I might pre-order the black Collectorvision unit in the future instead of the white ADAM case. Only want a ADAM case if there is a ADAM core. 

Edited by HDTV1080P