IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

23 minutes ago, HDTV1080P said:

The CollectorVision system looks like an awesome ColecoVision and Atari 2600 system. I missed out on the first run. Maybe I will pre-order this system sometime in the future. I hope the ADAM core comes soon. The more cores created for the system the more valuable the system will be. If no ADAM core before the second run I might pre-order the black Collectorvision unit in the future instead of the white ADAM case. Only want a ADAM case if there is a ADAM core. 

You only have one chance left to order, they say after this run there won't be anymore. that's about 2 weeks to decide

image.png.c2159d12f0bd2531a4b37fda66fd081c.png

I think they had said it was supposed to be open source for the cores so FPGA being what it is, I’m sure some intrepid programmer will eventually port some of those cores.  

as well and I’m certainly NOT speaking for collectorvision here but “no plans To make another batch” can always mean they could change their minds if there is a demand.  It’s just a prudent move If you want one to get it now since who knows what the future holds

17 minutes ago, eebuckeye said:

Which means likely low future support and less cores unfortunately.

Not sure why you're saying this :?
But with the people who already have a Phoenix plus those who are on the 2nd pre-order run, the Phoenix userbase is more than 1000+ people  

So you bet we're going to support the heck out of it! :twisted: :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Not sure why you're saying this :?
But with the people who already have a Phoenix plus those who are on the 2nd pre-order run, the Phoenix userbase is more than 1000+ people  

So you bet we're going to support the heck out of it! :twisted: :)

i didn’t realize you were over 1000, well done!

I am not sure if it’s doable but it would be great to see an update on which cores are being worked on and maybe what percentage along the way you think you are.

I was very intrigued when you had announced some arcade cores were being worked on.  I mean who doesn’t want to see Phoenix running on the Phoenix, am I rite?  Lol

Let me add this (before someone try to change my wording later) 

We've said this will be the final batch and if people really want a Phoenix, they better order it now because it's the last batch

That doesn't mean we will not make more in the future, but if you're asking us now, if there will be another batch later, the answer is *currently*, NO 
We've no plan to do another batch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has there been any discussion of packaging (aftermarket or otherwise) for the Phoenix?  I'm thinking over getting in on the second run (already got one from the first run) to have for the future and the lack of packaging for storage or display (no game room - i can only use one at a time!) has me on the fence.  Superficial, I know!  If not, perhaps third party involvement?  I know a box similar to @opcode's SGM box could be awesome...and sturdy for packaging.  Perhaps a collaboration or licensing deal?  (perhaps not the best forum for this discussion?)  One can dream.  It would be cool to have packaging that could accommodate the new opcode controllers and the phoenix. In the same packaging.  Homebrew publishers unite!

I picked up my Phoenix from my office the last time I stopped by, carefully brought it home in a bin full of other stuff (my MegaSG got packed up in its box!) and now it's on top of my curio cabinet getting dusty until I can hook it up.  Maybe i'm alone in this thinking, but i'd gladly pay a talented third party to design and make packaging for it as an aftermarket accessory.  But i guess it would be prohibitively expensive unless enough people were also interested.

Just now, mingus said:

Has there been any discussion of packaging (aftermarket or otherwise) for the Phoenix?  I'm thinking over getting in on the second run (already got one from the first run) to have for the future and the lack of packaging for storage or display (no game room - i can only use one at a time!) has me on the fence.  Superficial, I know!  If not, perhaps third party involvement?  I know a box similar to @opcode's SGM box could be awesome...and sturdy for packaging.  Perhaps a collaboration or licensing deal?  (perhaps not the best forum for this discussion?)  One can dream.  It would be cool to have packaging that could accommodate the new opcode controllers and the phoenix. In the same packaging.  Homebrew publishers unite!

I picked up my Phoenix from my office the last time I stopped by, carefully brought it home in a bin full of other stuff (my MegaSG got packed up in its box!) and now it's on top of my curio cabinet getting dusty until I can hook it up.  Maybe i'm alone in this thinking, but i'd gladly pay a talented third party to design and make packaging for it as an aftermarket accessory.  But i guess it would be prohibitively expensive unless enough people were also interested.

Toby had a Phoenix prototype box made for quite some time now
The reason we did not moved foward yet with the Phoenix box is simply because we're way too busy with all the current projects in the pipe.

That being said, we're still planning to have a Phoenix box made for those who want one
But it won't happen till 2021, I can already tell you that 

Another project we're going to move foward with, is our CV Deluxe Controller, but it's still too early to talk about it now ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Toby had a Phoenix prototype box made for quite some time now
The reason we did not moved foward yet with the Phoenix box is simply because we're way too busy with all the current projects in the pipe.

That being said, we're still planning to have a Phoenix box made for those who want one
But it won't happen till 2021, I can already tell you that 

Another project we're going to move foward with, is our CV Deluxe Controller, but it's still too early to talk about it now ;) 

I thought we had an agreement on the controller. As usual CollectorVision being CollectorVision. Oh well, good to know.

And doing similar things like we do is ok too?

Like what exactly? We had a formal agreement on the controller. What am i doing that is similar to yours? Unless you want monopoly of ColecoVision games. What else do you want exactly, pal. I got out of the console race. I delayed stuff, I cancelled stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, opcode said:

Like what exactly? We had a formal agreement on the controller. What i am doing that is similar to yours, unless you want monopoly of ColecoVision games

And, do you want monopoly over ColecoVision controllers/accesories? 

I'm not talking about CV games, but rather doing a Club , just a month before ours 
Anyway, you're already ghosting me on Facebook, I guess you probably can do the same here, ?

I'm not talking about CV games, but rather doing a Club , just a month before ours 
Anyway, you're already ghosting me on Facebook, I guess you probably can do the same here, ?

First, Club Opcode has been announced for the past like 10 years. Way before anything you have “come up” with. Just search his very forums
Second, no worries pal, I don’t sell ROMs. The club isn’t about that. It was never about that. Again, search this forums.
You are breaking our deal, we had a formal written agreement. I hope you reconsider.

What are you talking about. AFAIK you have been selling your ROM club for more than a year now.
We had a formal written agreement that you are breaking.

Just now, opcode said:

First, Club Opcode has been announced for the past like 10 years. Way before anything you have “come up” with. Just search his very forums
Second, no worries pal, I don’t sell ROMs. The club isn’t about that. It was never about that. Again, search this forums.
You are breaking our deal, we had a formal written agreement. I hope you reconsider.

Yeah, you can search the CV forums, you'll see we came up with that idea a long time ago too 

''Pal'' ?   really? 

Now, stop posting here and cry, and just contact me
You'll see, I'm a down to earth guy who can talk like an adult 

Just stop doing your club, and we'll not make that controller 
That's all 

If you step on my toes, I'll sure step on yours

What? So in addition to supporting your console now I am required to stop my club?

We had an agreement based on supporting Phoenix. I am working to keep my part of the deal. It was a formal agreement. So do you think you can enforce me any shit you want because of that?

So when I was working on Prometheus you appeared with Phoenix, was that ok?

When I was doing Mario Bros and stayed away for a few months because I got sick, when I am back JF is working on MB. Using my artwork! Was that ok?

When I was forced into a corner to license you the SGM, under the threat of licensing or Phoenix getting SGM no matter what, was that ok? Btw, I am still wasting the rest of my royalties. I hope you pay otherwise we will have legal trouble.

You are a jealous asshole.

1 minute ago, opcode said:

What? So in addition to supporting your console now I am required to stop my club?

We had an agreement based on supporting Phoenix. I am working to keep my part of the deal. It was a formal agreement. So do you think you can enforce me any shit you want because of that?

So when I was working on Prometheus you appeared with Phoenix, was that ok?

When I was doing Mario Bros and stayed away for a few months because I got sick, when I am back JF is working on MB. Using my artwork! Was that ok?

When I was forced into a corner to license you the SGM, under the threat of licensing or Phoenix getting SGM no matter what, was that ok? Btw, I am still wasting the rest of my royalties. I hope you pay otherwise we will have legal trouble.

You are a jealous asshole.

I'll not answer your posts here
If you have a problem with me, just contact me

No need to be a drama queen all over again, and again
People already said when there's a beef between 2 person, it should be done in PM 

That's it, that's all  

I'll not answer your posts here
If you have a problem with me, just contact me

No need to be a drama queen all over again, and again
People already said when there's a beef between 2 person, it should be done in PM 

That's it, that's all  

There isn’t a beef between us, there was a deal. Written formal deal, that you broken. I have nothing to discuss with you since you never ever came to discuss anything with me. But fine. I can be an asshole as well, no problem.

1 minute ago, opcode said:

There isn’t a beef between us, there was a deal. Written formal deal, that you broken. I have nothing to discuss with you since you never ever came to discuss anything with me. But fine. I can be an asshole as well, no problem.

YOU?  ....again!?   :lol:
You clearly don't know when to stop don't you?

Go on as you wish, I don't give a damn at this point
I told you, contact me if you have a problem with me

YOU?  ....again!?   :lol:
You clearly don't know when to stop don't you?

Go on as you wish, I don't give a damn at this point
I told you, contact me if you have a problem with me

I don’t want to email you pal. That is why we had a written agreement, so I don’t have to talk to you. I can post the agreement here if you want, to refresh your memory. The agreement was created so we could be in peace. Your partner specifically mentioned that. In fact he requested me to announce the agreement so the community could think that we were a big happy family.

You broken a formal agreement because as usual you are just an jealous asshole.