IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

Here are my times for this past week (October 12th through 18th) on modern systems...

Android phone:

BadGame... 40 minutes (estimated) in several sessions

Browser based:

Shapez.io - 349 minutes in 2 sessions

THis week I played some more short sessions of BadGame on my Android phone. The main game, though, was Shapez.io which I played as a browser based game though there's also a "full version" you can buy on Steam (which then would be PC instead of Browser based). I actually played this for far too long, having planned only about 30 minutes per sessions... but somehow you always find something you can tweak quickly... so this game is hard to put down.

• Like 2

Not too many games played around here this past week, but a good bit of time was logged in all of them. I started off the week continuing my arduous grind through the Doom II add-on BTSX Episode 2 on the Switch, and I was getting pretty near the end when I finally just burnt out and realized I wasn't having fun playing it anymore on Thursday. At that point I still felt like playing Doom but had just had enough of the absurd difficulty of the BTSX add-on, so I went back to my old favorite fan made hack JagDoom 32X for (you guessed it) the Sega 32X. This rather awesome hack adds in the missing third episode from the Atari Jaguar version of Doom along with the previously missing BFG 9000 weapon, and I stayed up all night playing it for nearly 8 hours straight until I beat the whole game in one sitting! It was a ton of fun and well worth the time spent playing it, and the next day I was still feeling like playing some more Doom so I got in a few levels of the original 32X version on Nightmare difficulty.

As far as the misses' gaming time this past week goes, she was dead set on finishing Wonder Boy in Monster World on the Genesis (which she's been playing off and on for the last couple months) so she played the rest of the way through the game all the way up until the final boss... at which point she hit a total brick wall because the final boss seems absolutely infreakinpossible to beat. After hours of trying she never managed to get the bosses's health bar down more than halfway before dying, and I gave a few attempts at it too but couldn't do any better. It's a real shame that an otherwise awesome game is kinda ruined by a seemingly impossible final boss fight. Apparently the boss fight was actually reasonable in the difficulty department in the Japanese version, but for the US market the developers decided to up the difficulty (no doubt as a "rental buster" tactic) but they went way too far with it and I don't think the vast majority of gamers would ever be able to beat it. I know both my spouse and I are never gonna. 

Well, that's all the gaming news that's fit to print from around here for this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours :)

118113221_20201018001301_IMG_65903.thumb.JPG.151253c7bb6286bb8da98546a050b114.JPG

Ineligible

Doom (Sega 32X) - 113 minutes

JagDoom 32X (Sega 32X) - 449 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World (Sega Genesis) - 235 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom II: BTSX Episode 2 - 740 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,537 minutes (25 hours 37 minutes) [740 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 740 minutes

Sega 32X: 562 minutes

Sega Genesis: 235 minutes

• Like 2

PC

Creed: Rise to Glory (34 min)

RimWorld (236 min)

XB1

NHL 20 (1062 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (674 min)

NHL 21 came out last week, but I had a copy of last year's version that I got on deep discount but hadn't played yet, so I built an expansion Quebec Nordiques team using the Vegas Knights strategy and they are doing very well at 21-7-1 a third into the season.

Picked up RimWorld, a sandbox/survival/team management sim, on as big a discount as I've seen (-15%) to give a try. I have a friend that has logged over 4100 hours in this game (not a typo), so I though I should give it a go. It's pretty cool. One of my settlers is a pyromaniac, meaning some days he'll decide to just start fires around the camp. He's also a cannibal, so he can eat any invaders that show up. But he also has a cute dog and is good a building stuff, so we keep him around. Good times.

Creed is a VR game on Steam, more boxing than rhythm compared to FitXR, so it's not rough on my shoulders. The story mode roughly follows the movie. Beat Saber got a major update with a new UI and multiplayer that completely broke mods. Luckily, I could keep playing without updating, as it took almost a week to get the mod working again.

• Like 3

Week 42

Top games

1. NHL 20 (Xbox One) - 1062 min.
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 941 min. (#2)
3. Tales of Destiny Director's Cut (PS2) - 838 min. (#5)
4. Doom II: BTSX Episode 2 (Switch) - 740 min. (#4)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 674 min. (#1)
6. Shapez.io (Browser based) - 349 min.
7. RimWorld (PC) - 236 min.
8. Star Wars Squadrons (PC) - 97 min.
9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 66 min.
10. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (The Telltale Series) (Xbox One) - 42 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2105 min. (#1)
2. PS2 - 838 min. (#6)
3. Switch - 778 min. (#5)
4. Oculus Quest - 674 min. (#2)
5. PC - 367 min. (#4)
6. Browser based - 349 min.
7. iOS - 66 min. (#8)
8. Android Phone - 40 min. (#9)
9. Gamecube - 23 min.
10. DS - 11 min.

Total 5251 minutes and 17 different games on 10 different systems.

This week apparently it was hockey night, with both NHL 20 and NHL 19 logged on the Xbox One of which the former takes the title, just over two hours ahead of Call of Duty Modern Warfare. This also makes the Xbox One the most played system, well ahead of the PS2, Switch and Oculus Quest next in line.

• Like 3

No Tales of Destiny Director's Cut this time. Too busy with work to be able to put some time into it, so I played some stuff that doesn't require huge time commitments instead. Will get back to it probably today since my regular off day is finally off for the first time in a while. I don't want to have a pile of halfway completed RPGs sitting around unfinished and REALLY hope I can finish it before Mary Skelter Finale releases on the 5th. It's just past midnight now, though, so first is sleep.

PC
Star Wars Squadrons - 603

Switch

A magical high school girl - 117

Yes, the capitalization in the Switch's main menu has the whole thing in lower case, just like this. Let's not get into the fact that this conflicts with the capitalization over on Steam or that the icon on the Switch's menu screen says "A magical high-school girl and the mysterious way home" or anything like that.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 122

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (October 19th through 25th)...

Android phone:

BadGame - 25 min.

Browser Based:

Online Sudoku - 22 min. (not sure if eligible)

This week I didn't continue playing Shapez.io because that took far too long last week. I also only played modern games, no classic ones.

I continued playing BadGame on my phone, and by now I've collected all the extras except for a single one which costs about $2 million.

While watching a Youtube video about different variants of Sudoku puzzles, I also solved a Sudoku myself on a website offering that. I'm not sure if this is eligible though... but on the other hand, a few years ago I played Nanograms, which is a similar style of game (also released for the TI-99), and I did list that as well. Solving that puzzle took me 22 minutes, after which the video was over as well.

• Like 2

Only a couple games played around here this past week, but I finally finished the BTSX Episode 2 add-on for Doom II! It was hard as all get out and I don't think I'd ever want to play through it again, but I do feel accomplished having finally finished it. I also got in a little Atari 2600 time for the first round of the HSC's end of season gold medal bracket competition. I'm facing ZilchSr in the very first round though, and if I recall he's won the whole shebang the past two years in a row, so I'm not entirely hopeful about my chances but I'll still play my very best! :)

Ineligible

City Defence (Atari 2600) - 48 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom II: BTSX Episode 2 - 465 minutes

513 minutes (8 hours 33 minutes) [465 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 465 minutes

Atari 2600: 48 minutes

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, Kurt_Woloch said:

I also solved a Sudoku myself on a website offering that. I'm not sure if this is eligible though...

Sure it is! If you like, post an URL to allow it to be pinpointed further in case there are many different sites offing online Sudoku games. Generally it is a small genre but each implementation has its rightful place.

PC

AVICII Invector (36 min)

XB1

NHL 20 (729 min)

Switch

Horizon Chase Turbo (69 min)

Super Mario Bros. 35 (17 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (384 min)

More Franchise NHL20, my Nords are in the playoffs, up 2-1 on Tampa Bay in the first round.  Finished 1st in the division and 4th in the league. The NHL definitely made expansion teams viable with their new expansion draft rules. Of course, the game AI is not as smart as an NHL GM, but it also doesn't let me get away with much, either.

Avicii Invector is a rhythm game to Avicii songs, of course, pretty cool.  Turned on the Switch for the first time in a while. Horizon Chase Turbo is a fun arcade racer, and I tried a few rounds of SMB35. Interesting concept. The highest I got in the 5 games I played was 8th, so I need to brush up on my SMB skills.

• Like 1

Week 42

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1118 min. (#2)
2. NHL 20 (Xbox One) - 729 min. (#1)
3. Star Wars Squadrons (PC) - 603 min. (#8)
4. Doom II: BTSX Episode 2 (Switch) - 465 min. (#4)
5. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 385 min.
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 384 min. (#5)
7. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 125 min.
8. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 122 min.
9. A magicAl high school girl (Switch) - 117 min.
10. Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - 69 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 1875 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 790 min. (#3)
3. PC - 639 min. (#5)
4. Xbox 360 - 385 min.
5. Oculus Quest - 384 min. (#4)
6. Wii U - 125 min.
7. iOS - 47 min. (#7)
8. Android Phone - 25 min. (#8)
9. Browser based - 22 min. (#6)

Total 4292 minutes and 16 different games on 9 different systems.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been among the top games for many weeks, and finally takes the title for the first time since September 6. Last week's NHL 20 is in a good second place. Systems wise these two games also make up for the bulk of the Xbox One times.

• Like 2

Tales of Destiny Director's Cut not only returns, but was completed... kind of.

PC
Star Wars Squadrons - 170

Switch
Super Smah Bros. Ultimate - 81

PS2
Tales of Destiny Director's Cut - 1,235

I mentioned before that I was playing Stan's side and not Lion's side. I finished Stan's side (the main game) about 71 minutes ago. Lion's side is next... after the massive detour into a different game that releases on the 5th.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 11:20 PM, carlsson said:

Sure it is! If you like, post an URL to allow it to be pinpointed further in case there are many different sites offing online Sudoku games. Generally it is a small genre but each implementation has its rightful place.

OK... the site I played on is the folowing one:

https://sudoku.com/

Also, here are my times for this past week (October 26th through November 1st) on modern systems...

Android phone:

BadGame - 10 minutes (estimated)

So this week, I basically beat BadGame by having bought all the extras there are to buy and then playing 1-2 more games. But there's nothing earth-shaking in the last extras to buy, it just gets a bit funkier, more and more like fireworks, which also makes the game a bit harder to play since the rectangle you're holding on to gets more likely to be busted by a missile or shrapnel so that you suddenly lose the grip when you didn't plan to.

• Like 1

It was a really eventful week for gaming this past week! I didn't play a whole ton of games, but ended up getting gifted an Xbox One and a really nice premium headset! In the weirdest turn of events, while I was sitting out on the porch smoking a cigarette Sunday afternoon I ran into a neighbor in my apartment building who was moving out and he asked if he could bum a smoke from me. I said sure and gave him one, he sat down with me and started smoking, then asked if I would like an Xbox One in return! I was totally flabbergasted but he was absolutely serious, saying that he had switched to doing all his gaming on PC and didn't have any use for it. I gladly accepted so he went back upstairs, did a factory reset on the system, and brought me down a like-new condition 1 TB Xbox One with the controller, all the cables, and a brand new SteelSeries Arctis 1 headset! 

I immediately set about creating an account and signing up for Game Pass, a Netflix-like service on the Xbox that lets you download and play hundreds of popular and often brand new games for $15 a month, then downloaded and started playing DOOM Eternal. I had an absolute blast with DOOM Eternal and played it all week until I beat it Saturday morning, then Game Pass downloaded and spent the last couple days of the week playing the utterly terrifying Resident Evil 7 for Halloween. I'm still playing through Resident Evil 7 right now and probably will be for much of the next week, but I'm having a great time playing it so I'm in no rush to finish it. 

As far as retro gaming goes, my only classic tracker eligible time for this past week was the couple hours I spent playing City Defence on the 2600 for the gold medal bracket tournament of the HSC, but sadly I ended up losing to ZilchSr in the first round so it's off to the paper medal bracket for me next week. He is an absolutely godlike Atari player though, so if there was anyone I wouldn't feel bad about losing to it would be him. That's all the news from around here for this week! Until next week, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

1032308435_20201025_174619_HDR2.thumb.jpg.d91f82a3117cf7ec4eab05b71f5cea17.jpg

Ineligible

City Defence (Atari 2600) - 119 minutes

Xbox One

DOOM Eternal - 1,310 minutes

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 289 minutes

1,718 minutes (28 hours 38 minutes) [1,599 minutes eligible]

Xbox One: 1,599 minutes

Atari 2600: 119 minutes

• Like 5

PC

Portal 2 (133 min)

Terraforming Mars (112 min)

XB1

Descenders (24 min)

NHL 20 (510 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (505 min)

Still doing my NHL playoffs, beat Tampa 4-3, beat New Jersey 4-1, then the Washington Capitals gave me a scare, but I managed to beat them 4-3, so my expansion team is in the finals against the St. Louis Blues. So I'll see if I can out do the real life Vegas Knights, who lost in their expansion year in the finals to the Capitals.

Played Portal 2 co-op with my brother. Played some co-op with a friend in this game on the XBox 360 back in 2011, so I don't remember any of the puzzles and we're having a good time with it. Descenders is try-it-out game from the aforementioned Game Pass, and I wasn't really digging it, which is a great advantage of the service; I can try stuff I'm not sure I'll like, and either find a hidden gem, or not care if it isn't my cup of tea.  The Terraforming Mars game went poorly, I had a bad initial set of card draws, misread some cards I drafted, and tried an unorthodox style of not doing much terraforming in a game called Terraforming Mars. I came in last.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 1

Week 44

Top games

1. DOOM Eternal (Xbox One) - 1310 min.
2. Tales of Destiny Director's Cut (PS2) - 1235 min.
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1142 min. (#1)
4. Plebby Quest: The Crusades (PC) - 645 min.
5. NHL 20 (Xbox One) - 510 min. (#2)
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 505 min. (#6)
7. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 443 min. (#5)
8. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Xbox One) - 289 min.
9. Star Wars Squadrons (PC) - 170 min. (#3)
10. Portal 2 (PC) - 133 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3377 min. (#1)
2. PS2 - 1235 min.
3. PC - 1060 min. (#3)
4. Oculus Quest - 505 min. (#5)
5. Xbox 360 - 443 min. (#4)
6. Switch - 81 min. (#2)
7. iOS - 79 min. (#7)
8. PS4 - 52 min.
9. Android Phone - 10 min. (#8)

Total 6842 minutes and 18 different games on 9 different systems.

After having lived through week 42 twice in a row (my mistake), we're back in the right week again. This one is won by DOOM Eternal, closely followed by Tales of Destiny Director's Cut and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Systems wise the Xbox One takes the title with 49% of the votes minutes, partly due to the story above how Skippy was gifted a console.

• Like 2